Discussion - What should (Realistically) take down Kaidou? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What should (Realistically) take down Kaidou?

What should enable Luffys final hit to down Kaidou?

• Gear 5TH

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • A combo attack of all present Supernovas

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Toki-Toki shenanigans

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Kage-Kage shenanigans

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Ope-Ope shenanigans

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Marine Intervation

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Another Yonkou i

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Zoro´s left eye

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • A Cake by Sanji

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The thing about Law is that his ability pretty much trivializes any fight he is in, which is why
1) his fight against a pacista with kidd id skipped
2) In punk hazard he had lost his heart
3)In Dressrosa he was shot full of lead , , , , wad left full of lead,and had one of his arms ripped off.

The only 2 expections i can think of are Vs Kinemon, which WAS a OHKO, and his fight against Fujitora and Doffy.
I don't know if I'd put all that on his ability, to be honest.
  1. You're referring to the fight with him and Kid on Sabaody? There could be any number of reasons why their fight wasn't shown; namely Oda not wanting to have to show too much of the characters(including Law's) fighting abilities.
  2. I'm pretty sure he gave his heart to Caesar and got Monet's in exchange, as a part of a guarantee of them working together, again nothing to really do with his ability.
  3. His ability doesn't make him bulletproof now does it? And I think we can agree that DD is stronger.
Also about his ability, just because his "ROOM" allows him to manipulate his targets within that range, it doesn't make them sitting ducks, negate their devil fruit or other skills that they have. So if he comes across a fighter of similar level or stronger, he can't just rely on that.

Personally I'm actually hoping to see more of his swordsmanship in combination with his df, I want to see how proficient of a swordsman he actually is.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think the key to defeat Kaido is to cure him from his depressions. I can't properly explain it yet, but I have written my ideas in another thread here.

Anyways, I also have a feeling the final battle against Kaido will not be at Wano or Onigashima, but at Fishman Island, due to that whole Caribou/Poseidon thing.

But in this Wano arc, the Straw Hats probably have enough manpower to gang up on Kaido if they can deal with the Calamities first. Luffy, Law, Zoro, Inu, Neko, the Supernova likely are traitors so we can add Hawkins, Apoo and Drake, Kidd will be set free, along with Killer, we will likely get double Rohirrim in the form of the Sun Pirates (Jinbe) and the Whitebeard Pirates...some people even suspect Moria will get involved, too. That's too much even for a Yonko
The potential to defeat Kaido in Wano is there. I just can't see Luffy 1v1 him, that shouldn't happen.

MOYcano 0.23

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Zoro's left eye? Sanji's cake? Zehahahaha! In that line of thought, add cumulative hangover after Zoro drinks the entire Kaido's cellar.

But seriously, I don't think defeating Kaido would require massive amounts of Deus ex machina. He has been defeated 7 times, caught and tortured 18 times... he has to have a weak point, an Achilles' heel, and Luffy should be able to see it and exploit it.

I bet he bath on dragon's blood, let's say he killed Acnologia, gaining immortality but a leaf covered his heart and so on.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
But seriously, I don't think defeating Kaido would require massive amounts of Deus ex machina. He has been defeated 7 times, caught and tortured 18 times... he has to have a weak point, an Achilles' heel, and Luffy should be able to see it and exploit it
It says defeated 7 times as a pirate, probably those defeats came when he was still starting out his career as a pirate, shouldn't take those 7 defeats too much to account.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kaidou drinks wine? WHo'da thought he was posh enough for that
Lol,that is a good point, and a funny one.... He's more of a Vodka/Whiskey person, definietley not wine.....

On topic:
Considering his 7 defeats, i'd pick the following 3 to be listed:
Garp:
Well, since Garp - Rox connection
Roger:
Since Gol D Roger was the pirate king, its likely they crossed paths at some stage. One would possibly be Roger getting the Red Poneglyph prints from him..
Whitebeard:
Since WB is considered the strongest pirate pre time-skip and Kaido is considered strongest creature after... WB would've bested Kaido surely in the past. Probably Kaido trying to stop WB during the marinfold war could have to do with one of his death wishes as well...

Big Mama is also likely to be on that list.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Since WB is considered the strongest pirate pre time-skip and Kaido is considered strongest creature after... WB would've bested Kaido surely in the past. Probably Kaido trying to stop WB during the marinfold war could have to do with one of his death wishes as well...
According to the Ace novel, Whitebeard was the "strongest Pirate" because he was the closest to One Piece, while Kaido was the "strongest creature" because he could defeat anyone in a 1-on-1 fight.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
According to the Ace novel, Whitebeard was the "strongest Pirate" because he was the closest to One Piece, while Kaido was the "strongest creature" because he could defeat anyone in a 1-on-1 fight.
I wasnt aware of that, thank you for sharing that..
Where does it put Shanks then? Strongest Haki?
I would still debate that Whitebeard WB could've beaten him, but now likeliness is lower... Besides, i think Kaido is closer to immortality, that is the narrative thats been setup. So Kaido more likely has remained at his best, while Garp and Whitebeard could've weakened by age.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
It doesn't seem to give much information about Shanks. Some bits from the novels (source: Internet):

Shanks: Scary if he is mad.
Whitebeard: Scary if you do something unjust(Jingi in Japanese). He is the strongest pirate in this world.
Big mom: Scary if she is unhappy. She has the strongest family in this world.
Kaidou: His existence itself is scary enough. He is the strongest creature in this world.

Skull loves anything about pirates and collects pirates goods. He believes Kaido is the strongest in 1 on 1 fight.
He adds that Kaido is the "strongest creature". He wouldn't die even if you tried to kill him; Big Mom is the "strongest family";
Whitebeard is the "strongest pirate" from the way he has lived.

Deuce analyzes that Kaido is a dangerous pirate who loves violence; Big Mom prefers business; Whitebeard is a classic pirate.
Deuce doesn't know how to analyze Shanks.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Kaidou seems less invincible than Big Mom. In the WCI I couldn't think of a way for Luffy to defeat Big Mom at all. She was too strong, and Luffy surpassed his limits to defeat Katakuri, who is much weaker. Their allies were also not that great.

But against Kaidou, they have a plan, there is Luffy, Law, Zoro, Sanji, people like Shutenmaru who did well against Jack, countless other helpers etc.

I don't see Luffy defeating Kaidou in a one one one, most likely a team fight. With at least Law and one of the samurais.

Kaido1337

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Mark this post because this will happen:

During the night of war, Moriah will come back again in Kaido's war to take his revenge against Kaido who killed Moriah's entire crew 12 years ago.
This time, because Moriah doesn't have Oars anymore, he will use his DF, Kage Kage no mi to get the shadows of the super novas at their own will, and turn Luffy into Nightmare Luffy once again, but equipped with Haki and a hardned Sword.
At that time, he will take on Kaido in a 1vs1 fight, and will only have 10 minutes to beat him in that form.

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Speakung of Moria. After we have seen how friggin big Kaido in his dragonform becomes... how could he not get his shadow? Just some snaps there... and here he go. Probably he never wanted oars to battle him 1 vs 1 but just to tackle him down, so he can steal his shadow. Sunlight would then kill Kaidou. Maybe thats the way for for defeating him.

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Speakung of Moria. After we have seen how friggin big Kaido in his dragonform becomes... how could he not get his shadow? Just some snaps there... and here he go. Probably he never wanted oars to battle him 1 vs 1 but just to tackle him down, so he can steal his shadow. Sunlight would then kill Kaidou. Maybe thats the way for for defeating him.
Now that I think about it

He had problems taming Luffy´s shadow in his Thriller Bark level of power.
Pretty sure he can´t control Kaidou´s shadow.

And if Kaidou can change the weather, which looks like he can, he can cover the sun until he gets his shadow back

Dragonflame

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm thinking something that has to do with Time. We've seen time being introduced in this arc and devilfruits that effect it. I could see something happen that temporarily changes Luffy in the Luffy 10 or 20 years from now(with all the strength that comes with it). Which obviously would blow away Kaido.

But i like the idea of all the supernova coming together at the end of this arc and have a go at him together. Bringing down an emporer together.

Last edited:

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Hypothetically, could a Prime Whitebeard be strong enough to take down Kaidou?

KimCorrea

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
His mom showing up and grounding him for being a bad boy. just kidding.:teehee:xp
a giant alliance with all the present supernova, webble for dick reasons and samurais. a huge group effort would be awesome.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm thinking something that has to do with Time. We've seen time being introduced in this arc and devilfruits that effect it. I could see something happen that temporarily changes Luffy in the Luffy 10 or 20 years from now(with all the strength that comes with it). Which obviously would blow away Kaido.

But i like the idea of all the supernova coming together at the end of this arc and have a go at him together. Bringing down an emporer together.
thats some gon´s stuff you got there, and how he would get back to his normal self? with that shinobi lady that could happen, but i never liked the idea of messing around with time... maybe her powers are time limited, they work for a couple minutes and then get back to normal.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
It has been confirmed that Kaido was the strongest Yonko and could defeat anyone on a one-on-one fight.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
It has been confirmed that Kaido was the strongest Yonko and could defeat anyone on a one-on-one fight.
^^^^ Just.... no.

Kaido was not introduced as the strongest creature until Whitebeard (strongest man) was dead we dont know if they
held the titles at the same time and if so... we still wouldnt know who was the stronger between them.

And the translation was "Bet on Kaido, if it's 1 v 1", that is not a confirmation and he would 100% win any 1 v 1 fight. The odds would just be incredibly high in his favor.

Any idea to the contrary is head cannon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yes. It was implied Whitebeardwas on another level compared to the other Yonko. Even at the time of death he was considered the World's Strongest Man. (Stated by Sengoku to have the power to destroy the entire world....And this was stated while he was sick)

It is very possible Prime Whitebeard could defeat Kaido.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
The Novel A volumes are canon, and Kaido was already known as "The strongest creature" by then.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Most likely, as Whitebeard was hyped up way more than Kaidou, and Weevil was compared to prime Whitebeard, not to Kaidou... unless they mean he isn't as strong as Kaidou but still almost as strong as his dad.

LongJohnSilver

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
He will eat O'tama's tamago and be a nice boy.