The toybox | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The toybox

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
*sees Brandish with his new avi and sig*

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I was/am. At one point it would've been my fave manga. Those good old days having Naruto/Magi/OP/FT to read.

Pure thirst.
Same for me, actually okay scratch FT bc just no. I'm still proud of myself for pushing for the Magi section, I was one of the few who read it before it became popular :^) I'm curious, how do you feel about the last arc?

Your thirst or thirst of your female friends? : )

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Same for me, actually okay scratch FT bc just no. I'm still proud of myself for pushing for the Magi section, I was one of the few who read it before it became popular :^) I'm curious, how do you feel about the last arc?

Your thirst or thirst of your female friends? : )
You probably had a few more than just 4 lol. I used to just keep to shonen weekly, was too busy, and read them all on the Friday. Everything else I'd read on a whim, unlike now where I try to keep up with 10-20. Helps being on a forum in that regard.

Didn't know you pushed Magi. I think I started around 2011-2, that was when I started those battle mangas. Not sure how popular Magi was then.
The last arc was obviously bad. It didn't need to be like that at all, I just couldn't make sense of it. Took me ages to struggle through all the Sinbad stuff :notlikethis

Oh probably a bit of both ; ) but I'll claim it as my own thirst.

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You probably had a few more than just 4 lol. I used to just keep to shonen weekly, was too busy, and read them all on the Friday. Everything else I'd read on a whim, unlike now where I try to keep up with 10-20. Helps being on a forum in that regard.

Didn't know you pushed Magi. I think I started around 2011-2, that was when I started those battle mangas. Not sure how popular Magi was then.
The last arc was obviously bad. It didn't need to be like that at all, I just couldn't make sense of it. Took me ages to struggle through all the Sinbad stuff :notlikethis

Oh probably a bit of both ; ) but I'll claim it as my own thirst.
lol I think most people start the same way XD Believe it or not, I only followed Naruto in the very beginning (2006 I think?), and then the very mainstream stuff: One Piece and Bleach, and Hunter x Hunter after a while. Not sure when that ended, but I think at least for a year or two I only followed that stuff and was highly looking forward to read it each Friday haha. I'm not even that big on the manga front, currently following 28 at the moment. 9 of those are monthly though, and 9 are irregularly released (stuff like Berserk/Hunter x Hunter), so that's like 10 chaps per week. Most of the other stuff is more or less straight shounen, so I'm far from a manga connoisseur like you :blushbirb

Well I think that was quite a bit before you became active here, but I think 2011 was when I started reading the manga, too. You know, I gave the section a quick look, and this was I think the very first thread I created for the section (before it went live)... reading my first post, it's almost hilarious how I basically predicted the last arc :awehttps://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/sinbad-whats-his-true-goal.78329/
But yes, I had just as much trouble getting through the last arc...

Then if you will allow me this question, am I right in assuming that you appreciate hot guys as well?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
lol I think most people start the same way XD Believe it or not, I only followed Naruto in the very beginning (2006 I think?), and then the very mainstream stuff: One Piece and Bleach, and Hunter x Hunter after a while. Not sure when that ended, but I think at least for a year or two I only followed that stuff and was highly looking forward to read it each Friday haha. I'm not even that big on the manga front, currently following 28 at the moment. 9 of those are monthly though, and 9 are irregularly released (stuff like Berserk/Hunter x Hunter), so that's like 10 chaps per week. Most of the other stuff is more or less straight shounen, so I'm far from a manga connoisseur like you :blushbirb

Well I think that was quite a bit before you became active here, but I think 2011 was when I started reading the manga, too. You know, I gave the section a quick look, and this was I think the very first thread I created for the section (before it went live)... reading my first post, it's almost hilarious how I basically predicted the last arc :awehttps://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/sinbad-whats-his-true-goal.78329/
But yes, I had just as much trouble getting through the last arc...

Then if you will allow me this question, am I right in assuming that you appreciate hot guys as well?
Oh, I started with Berserk first. Never even contemplated manga until a friend gave me a few vols to read.. I was never into comics as a kid. I picked up a few more 'adult' manga through the same friend, before trying shoujo and shounen. I was watching Naruto and One Piece on TV, so eventually got into those. I find them easier/exciting to read week to week, even if they're not as 'good'. I'll probably get onto Boku no Hero and Black Clover eventually. Atm I'm trying not to pick up weekly's though.

Lol you were definitely on the right track. Yea I always suspected he'd become an obstacle, because he is a larger than life character who probably would yield to a 'shounen philosophy'. But I didn't think Ohtaka would make it so cringey. I remember battling it in my mind, trying to justify his actions as no different to Solomon, but using him as a yardstick isn't smart either.

Of course I appreciate handsome or hot guys. Obviously nowhere near waifu levels, but enough to have fun and flaunt the 2D male form.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh, I started with Berserk first. Never even contemplated manga until a friend gave me a few vols to read.. I was never into comics as a kid. I picked up a few more 'adult' manga through the same friend, before trying shoujo and shounen. I was watching Naruto and One Piece on TV, so eventually got into those. I find them easier/exciting to read week to week, even if they're not as 'good'. I'll probably get onto Boku no Hero and Black Clover eventually. Atm I'm trying not to pick up weekly's though.

Lol you were definitely on the right track. Yea I always suspected he'd become an obstacle, because he is a larger than life character who probably would yield to a 'shounen philosophy'. But I didn't think Ohtaka would make it so cringey. I remember battling it in my mind, trying to justify his actions as no different to Solomon, but using him as a yardstick isn't smart either.

Of course I appreciate handsome or hot guys. Obviously nowhere near waifu levels, but enough to have fun and flaunt the 2D male form.
Berserk as your first manga? Now that's something, but I can imagine how that's an interesting and fascinating read as a newcomer :XD Think my first manga actually was a Neon Genesis Evangelion volume from a friend, but I was like 10 back then, still remember that it left a strong impression on me lol. Then Dragon Ball, bc that was huge here in Germany. Neither registered as manga though, I only got into that through Naruto because I watched the anime on TV and then started to watch the rest online bc I was too impatient lol. I think most people actually got into manga through anime, there's just no way anime doesn't capture you as a kid/teen.

Not sure if you can generally say that shounen are less "good" than seinen, the categorization for that is too broad anyway, but I assume you're talking about the standard adventure story here. I think they both have their pros and cons, but I can see where you're coming from.

lol yeah it was just too cringey, sadly. I'm actually one of the people who think Solomon wasn't half-bad as a character, but I can't deny that he has his share of problems as well.

As for the last part, I see you didn't understand that I was asking a somewhat private question, if you catch my drift : ) But I see, I feel the same :nod

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Berserk as your first manga? Now that's something, but I can imagine how that's an interesting and fascinating read as a newcomer :XD Think my first manga actually was a Neon Genesis Evangelion volume from a friend, but I was like 10 back then, still remember that it left a strong impression on me lol. Then Dragon Ball, bc that was huge here in Germany. Neither registered as manga though, I only got into that through Naruto because I watched the anime on TV and then started to watch the rest online bc I was too impatient lol. I think most people actually got into manga through anime, there's just no way anime doesn't capture you as a kid/teen.

Not sure if you can generally say that shounen are less "good" than seinen, the categorization for that is too broad anyway, but I assume you're talking about the standard adventure story here. I think they both have their pros and cons, but I can see where you're coming from.

lol yeah it was just too cringey, sadly. I'm actually one of the people who think Solomon wasn't half-bad as a character, but I can't deny that he has his share of problems as well.

As for the last part, I see you didn't understand that I was asking a somewhat private question, if you catch my drift : ) But I see, I feel the same :nod
Idk man the art is pretty crazy and the whole goth fantasy vibe is pretty appealing to edgy teens lol. But it was solely the recommendation that got me onto it.

I mean the battle one's specifically. It's pretty much a formula to feel hyped over - which equates to more fun than a serious read most of the time for me. Seinen probably handle the stories/characters better from the one's I've seen.

You mean bisexual? No I'm not.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Idk man the art is pretty crazy and the whole goth fantasy vibe is pretty appealing to edgy teens lol. But it was solely the recommendation that got me onto it.

I mean the battle one's specifically. It's pretty much a formula to feel hyped over - which equates to more fun than a serious read most of the time for me. Seinen probably handle the stories/characters better from the one's I've seen.

lol yeah I wasn't sarcastic or something like that, I can genuinely see how that would be an interesting experience for a teen and a newcomer to manga :XD

Yes, that I agree on :nod

Yes that's what I was wondering about when I saw your set :XD After such a straight answer I'm not sure what to say besides "I see" lol, but it's good to know that you're pretty open about more juicy question :blushbirb

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I always thought they were both the same thing but when you use the term Kawaii it's more sweeter and less hollow when you say it to random ish.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yes that's what I was wondering about when I saw your set :XD After such a straight answer I'm not sure what to say besides "I see" lol, but it's good to know that you're pretty open about more juicy question :blushbirb
Juicy and cozy questions are among my favourites :bishie

I always thought they were both the same thing but when you use the term Kawaii it's more sweeter and less hollow when you say it to random ish.
That's a fair assessment. Cute, growing up with the word, is reserved for babies, and young furry animals. Kawaii doesn't have those limitations I feel.

And hello as well, Bugzee.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Are you still in that island? Is it already 3 months? I dont remember lol

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I am full of mangoes x_x here last months of a year is the season for mango trees to bloom and fruit. We ourselves dont have a mango tree, but neighbors do and they gave us so many. But it's fine, I am happy :nod every time I see mangoes I remember Brandish's star mango gelato lol

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I am full of mangoes x_x here last months of a year is the season for mango trees to bloom and fruit. We ourselves dont have a mango tree, but neighbors do and they gave us so many. But it's fine, I am happy :nod every time I see mangoes I remember Brandish's star mango gelato lol
Hmm not a huge fan of mangoes, depends what type. I do prefer Bowen. But, they are all delicious frozen. That's how I keep them. There's always too many, and they are not fun when they fall everywhere. Also, bats become annoying. I had mango, lychee, avodcado, pawpaw and banana trees.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Hmm not a huge fan of mangoes, depends what type. I do prefer Bowen. But, they are all delicious frozen. That's how I keep them. There's always too many, and they are not fun when they fall everywhere. Also, bats become annoying. I had mango, lychee, avodcado, pawpaw and banana trees.
Wow, frozen mango? Never had them but I'd like to try. Here mango served with sticky rice is becoming popular (Thai influence) but somehow I can't like it.

Those are fruits I like :zomg Pawpaw tho, what a cute way to call papaya :3 :lmao