Shounen - UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken | Page 39 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken

Tymano

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
New chapter is out. It seems like a lot of backstory and set up, but it raises a lot of new questions as well.

Since Karin chose to stay with Eva, then why didn't she or Jinbei appear in Negima? Did Karin know where she was and chose to do nothing, or was she just searching for Eva for several hundred years? Why did Karin never use Holy magic at all in the main story? Who turned Eva into a fake vampire? Will Martians come back to the story in some way?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Karin's black knight armor at the end is awesome. She needs to start wearing that again.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Very interesting chapter. We knew True Vampires were powerful but it's still amazing to see someone defeat Eva like that.

That Chibi Eva :wtf.

New chapter is out. It seems like a lot of backstory and set up, but it raises a lot of new questions as well.

Since Karin chose to stay with Eva, then why didn't she or Jinbei appear in Negima? Did Karin know where she was and chose to do nothing, or was she just searching for Eva for several hundred years? Why did Karin never use Holy magic at all in the main story? Who turned Eva into a fake vampire? Will Martians come back to the story in some way?
We know who turned Eva into a fake, Ialda. As for the rest, it'll probably be explained in the next chapter.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
There is also the question of how powerful eva would have been back then. It's well possible that back then she simply wasn't that strong and currently she would be on a level comparable to that vampire. Of course, that other vampire could well be as strong as dana...

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Still no translations but RAW scans are out. Looks like a cool chapter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The chapter is out.

What a great chapter. Eva really is the best :awe.

These kind of prequel stories are always good, I remember the Ala Rubra one from Negima too. They could be good spin-off.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Huh? isn't there a page missing? I guess this is how karin gets her hammer?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Where? I haven't noticed anything wrong.
The ending, it just seems like a weird place to end the chapter. and no notes or anything.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The ending, it just seems like a weird place to end the chapter. and no notes or anything.
Considering that all of this started because they were talking about Pactios I don't find it that odd.

Anyway, it looks like that Shishiijuro Nanao is one of the Numbers who appeared on the first pages of the manga.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, a few comments on the chapter:

First, the nobles... whats their deal? They wanted to have mars invade earth? Why? it seems like such a random development that doesn't get any explanation. What even is their relation to the story's overall plot? I kinda feel like they are a bigger deal than the series has told us so far.

second... gotta love karin in her ffxiii cosplay. Not much to comment on beyond that other than nowadays she does not seem nearly as competent or as useful as she was back then.

Has the covenant between the old and new world been mentioned before?

Also this..

Thats the chapters last page on mangabird...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Daq fug did I just watch? I must know, 300% WHAT?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Daq fug did I just watch? I must know, 300% WHAT?
When Karen enters a harem she doesn't do it by halves apparently.:XD

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So, where are we on that chapter Edited Manga? I am excited about this chapter now.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's a crunchyroll simulpub title so... it's anybody's guess. Any non-Mashima series on that seems to get Edited Mangas almost entirely randomly.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Question, is the tree karin was imprisoned the same as the one at the academy?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Come on guys, your burying the lead. How does this chapter effect the best girl rankings? I say this jumps Karen way up the list.

1. Eva
  2. Karen
  3. Kirie
  4. Kuromaru

Thoughts?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Kuromaru shouldn't be on any lists until he actually gets a sex lol. I haven't really given that much thought to a list tbh. I like eva but... she sort of seems to be on a pedestal. And add to that that she has ended up with multiple people across multiple timelines.

I guess that for me its kirie and then karin. Karin for me is held back as a character due to her lack of screentime and her annoying level of bs immortality. Add to that that she is one of the oldest characters in the series and yet she does not seem to be particularly powerful in general. She seems weaker than yukihime and even tota. Can she even train to get stronger or is her immortality so powerful even strain from training is undone? Kirie does not seem too exceptional in general but she has had so much screentime its almost difficult to not like her. I dislike the human girls in the series so far. They don't really serve any purpose to the actual story in general.