Hangout - Boku no Hero Academia Hangout Thread | Page 52 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hll

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Guys what is the release schedule for the manga of Boku no Hero Academia?

Can we expect a new chapter this week?

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Guys what is the release schedule for the manga of Boku no Hero Academia?

Can we expect a new chapter this week?
Yes, there (most likely) will be a new chapter this week.

Hll

Reaction score
Country
India
@ShenGao
On which day of the week does the chapter usually come out?

iceemperor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Heroaca S3 and Movie wrap-up party happened today (11/8) at Teikoku hotel, one of the grandest hotels in Japan. Around 400 people, including Horikoshi, attended the party. I remember Horikoshi said that he couldn't attend last year so its great he went this year. Lenny code fiction mentioned that they met Horikoshi and all the staff as well.

Kocksmaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welp, looks like no color spread for the popularity poll results in Issue 52...it's such a shame too. 80k votes is a HUGE amount and I feel like it's not getting celebrated properly...sigh.

KennyKuro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Welp, looks like no color spread for the popularity poll results in Issue 52...it's such a shame too. 80k votes is a HUGE amount and I feel like it's not getting celebrated properly...sigh.
Everybody, it's time to riot.
But speaking seriously, I think that Horikoshi prefers to prioritize the quality of the drawing within the chapters along with the number of pages. Even so it feels so sad and so disappointing to know that we will not have another great color spread as in previous years :emocat

Kocksmaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
Everybody, it's time to riot.
But speaking seriously, I think that Horikoshi prefers to prioritize the quality of the drawing within the chapters along with the number of pages. Even so it feels so sad and so disappointing to know that we will not have another great color spread as in previous years :emocat
I'm perfectly content with however he chooses to prioritize his workload, and I value his health above all else. But it seems like the workload is getting to him in one way or another so I hope the man's alright...

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
By Heiji:
人気投票総数80714 ※海外からも2000通以上の応募あり

1爆豪勝己 16915
2轟焦凍 15719
3緑谷出久 8301
4ホークス 3756
5切島鋭児郎 3573
6ベストジーニスト 2649
7八百万百 2426
8エンデヴァー 2420
9飯田天哉 2394
10オールマイト 2278

80714 votes (2000 from foreign)

MHA Poll Results
1. Bakugo - 16,915 votes
2. Todoroki - 15,719
3. Deku - 8,301
4. Hawks - 3,756
5. Kirishima - 3,573
6. Best Jeanist - 2,649
7. Yaoyorozu Momo - 2,426
8. Endeavor - 2,420
9. Iida - 2,394
10. All Might - 2,278

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
No way. He has been introduced recently.
According to Twitter Hawks ranked #4 in the poll ;)

And holy crap Endeavor got 8th place above Iida and All Might.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Its important to mention that this poll took place over the span of a week. They began taking votes on July 30th and ended on August 6th. In that one week, they got over 80k votes, 2k from overseas, which doesn't necessarily mean the west.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m glad Hawks is well liked in Japan as well as in the West.

And I guess we can say Endeavor has finally surpassed All Might lol. The Pro-Hero arc must have really been well received.

Kocksmaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m glad Hawks is well liked in Japan as well as in the West.

And I guess we can say Endeavor has finally surpassed All Might lol. The Pro-Hero arc must have really been well received.
I'm glad the Pro Hero Arc was well received. It was a LIT arc. Def. one of the best in the series imo.

But anyways, onward to the poll!

Top 3 is pretty much what I expected, thought Deku falling into 3rd with Bakugou and Todoroki having twice as many votes as him will surely spur some...discussion that "Hori needs to do something about Deku's character, blah blah".

HAWKS IS IN THE TOP 5 YESSSS. Hori definitely struck home with Hawks as a character. Excited to see Hori's plans for him in the future.

Insert Endeavor finally surpassed All Might jokes here. But on a serious note, I'd say it's well deserved.

Momo is in the top 10! The only female, but hey, what can ya do? I personally wish it was Jirou there but Momo is great too.

Best Jeanist looks quite odd in that lineup considering he hasn't been in the manga in ages, but I guess him being in Season 3 helped?

Kirishima, Iida, and All Might aren't really surprises, but it kind of sucks to see All Might slowly go down the rankings with each poll...

But hey, 80k votes is quite the feat! 2k were even from overseas, woah! Yall think we'll get this many votes again in the next poll?

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm glad the Pro Hero Arc was well received. It was a LIT arc. Def. one of the best in the series imo.

But anyways, onward to the poll!

Top 3 is pretty much what I expected, thought Deku falling into 3rd with Bakugou and Todoroki having twice as many votes as him will surely spur some...discussion that "Hori needs to do something about Deku's character, blah blah".

HAWKS IS IN THE TOP 5 YESSSS. Hori definitely struck home with Hawks as a character. Excited to see Hori's plans for him in the future.

Insert Endeavor finally surpassed All Might jokes here. But on a serious note, I'd say it's well deserved.

Momo is in the top 10! The only female, but hey, what can ya do? I personally wish it was Jirou there but Momo is great too.

Best Jeanist looks quite odd in that lineup considering he hasn't been in the manga in ages, but I guess him being in Season 3 helped?

Kirishima, Iida, and All Might aren't really surprises, but it kind of sucks to see All Might slowly go down the rankings with each poll...

But hey, 80k votes is quite the feat! 2k were even from overseas, woah! Yall think we'll get this many votes again in the next poll?
Agreed. Not to beat a dead horse but the previous two arcs (Yakuza and Festival) were pretty meh for me. Pro-Hero turned that around.

I have no idea what Best Jeanist is doing up there.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Happy to see Endeavor so high. But Best Jeanist top ten? Seriously? Above All Might?

According to Twitter Hawks ranked #4 in the poll ;)

And holy crap Endeavor got 8th place above Iida and All Might.
:sweatdrop

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hawks and Endeavor are the biggest surprise for me. The pro-hero arc must have been really well received.
And what they said about Best Jeanist is true, even when is out of the picture he still has loyal fans supporting and waiting for him.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
By Heiji:
人気投票総数80714 ※海外からも2000通以上の応募あり

1爆豪勝己 16915
2轟焦凍 15719
3緑谷出久 8301
4ホークス 3756
5切島鋭児郎 3573
6ベストジーニスト 2649
7八百万百 2426
8エンデヴァー 2420
9飯田天哉 2394
10オールマイト 2278

80714 votes (2000 from foreign)

MHA Poll Results
1. Bakugo - 16,915 votes
2. Todoroki - 15,719
3. Deku - 8,301
4. Hawks - 3,756
5. Kirishima - 3,573
6. Best Jeanist - 2,649
7. Yaoyorozu Momo - 2,426
8. Endeavor - 2,420
9. Iida - 2,394
10. All Might - 2,278
This is essentially what came about with the tower poll when it was just Bakugou fans and Todoroki fans spamming votes. Unless they change their method of counting votes its always going to end up this way as long as there's obsessive fans. Best Jeanist and Momo are the biggest surprises which may or may not have to do with the anime.
There is no discussion to be had because its obvious what came about and its the reason why you shouldn't take these polls seriously when people are always going to vote for their favorites regardless of story screentime or relevancy.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
This confirms my theory, Izuku does not like as a protagonist.

I hope Horikoshi hurry up to make it more charismatic or interesting ...