Hangout - Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread | Page 71 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The one who laugh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Syria
Nice! Which are your favorite characters and favorite moments?

And to your question chapters come out every Sunday night at 12 AM EDT (7 hours 39 mins from this post) So whenever that is in your timezone that's when you'll see a new chapter. There is also an paid early access program that goes 4 weeks ahead but is not available in English. As a result though, spoilers are usually available for those chapters if you can't resist the temptation.
Thank you :verily. Outside from Baam, Koon, Rak. Hockney is my favorite his face reaction always make me laugh :awe. My favorite moments is whenever Rachel get trashed :bishie.

Ripcord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don’t read spoilers if you can help it! You have to wait 1 week like anyone else for new content .... it just feels good the first time you do it. I have been spoiler free for ToG and although it’s really hard some weeks (when I see a spoiler thread blow up in comments I know it’s a really good chapter in 2-3 weeks) I have been so glad I’ve waited for the official release.

To each his own and I know I’m missing out on a lot of prelim discussion, but I am enjoying it better this way.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Where i can read this manga from the beginning?

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Wow, you are giving ToG a try? How come?

Here you go: Official Link
Thanks!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So i read up to chapter 43 season 1..

Is the whole world is just in that tower? Or was baam was from outside and entered magically..

Reactions: syx

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Thanks!
So i read up to chapter 43 season 1..

Is the whole world is just in that tower? Or was baam was from outside and entered magically..
The story takes place inside the tower. The tower is essentially a collection of "floors" which act as stages for the characters. The zahard empire has 134 floors and there is a confirmed 135th floor but beyond that we don't know what is there. We also know there is an "outside" from where irregulars come from. The location bam was first seen at is mostly a mystery though but evidence suggests it is actually outside the tower. Odds are only rachel knows its true nature.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s been a long time since I’ve been this tempted to read spoilers. <_> Soooooo hyped. 3 hours to go!!!!! :tata3

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I was going through old chapters and noticed that the workshop is supposed to have 7 headquarters. So... have we heard where the others are? Given how the story has developed and how important the workshop every floor that has a workshop headquarter should be a big deal and an opportunity for the cast to power up via new fancy items.

On a side note, I also wonder what their attitude will be towards bam in the future. Before it was shown that they basically responded to zahard's whims.... And it does not seem like the whole of the workshop is necessarily going to be antagonistic to bam. Then again they won't necessarily be allies to bam...

Another topic... Going through the wiki's weapons there are several of them which are listed as ignition weapons while the series has never referred to them as such. Of course there are confirmed ignition weapons like the swords those random regulars carry and which they claim are made from monster souls and the 13 month series. But other weapons like rak's spear and zahard's needle are never specifically said to be ignition weapons. And it does not appear to be the case that just any weapon with special abilities is an ignition weapon. So far ignition weapons seem to work by releasing powerful blasts of concentrated shinsoo or via compressing-decompressing. So.... whats the deal here?

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was going through old chapters and noticed that the workshop is supposed to have 7 headquarters. So... have we heard where the others are? Given how the story has developed and how important the workshop every floor that has a workshop headquarter should be a big deal and an opportunity for the cast to power up via new fancy items.

On a side note, I also wonder what their attitude will be towards bam in the future. Before it was shown that they basically responded to zahard's whims.... And it does not seem like the whole of the workshop is necessarily going to be antagonistic to bam. Then again they won't necessarily be allies to bam...

Another topic... Going through the wiki's weapons there are several of them which are listed as ignition weapons while the series has never referred to them as such. Of course there are confirmed ignition weapons like the swords those random regulars carry and which they claim are made from monster souls and the 13 month series. But other weapons like rak's spear and zahard's needle are never specifically said to be ignition weapons. And it does not appear to be the case that just any weapon with special abilities is an ignition weapon. So far ignition weapons seem to work by releasing powerful blasts of concentrated shinsoo or via compressing-decompressing. So.... whats the deal here?
For your first question we have not. I assumed it was every 20 or floors but maybe it’s more like one per rank of Regulars (E,D,C,B,A) and then there is one for Rankers and one that’s Workshop only limited to Gustang/Zahard/Mascheth, perhaps all the family leaders.

Still no idea where they are, but it’s definitely possible that taking the Hell Train makes you pay a price in that you zoom past one of the Workshop headquarters. It’s also possible that the train itself is a Workshop headquarters, it’s huge after all, and full of Workshop stuff.

I believe the Workshop supports the Tower and for the most part right now that is supporting Zahard, but that could change. I don’t think they’d fight Bam for Zahard though.
As to ignition weapons, you’re right that we usually see someone explicitly say “ignition” otherwise it’s not. Not sure where all that extended info comes from in the wiki.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
There are many special weapons that have powers due to spells or shinsoo contracts. For example Bong Bong, the White Heavenly Mirror, and the Blood Tamara are pretty special items but none of them are ignition based. I think Mad Shocker is like this.

So an item having a name just mean it’s enhanced in some way, but it doesn’t mean it has a soul. It would make sense that ignition weapons also have names because they are special too.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, there’s a game I played in a browser a long time ago, it started in 2002... but now it’s on Mobile! I don’t know when Talse Uzer started but there are some striking similarities. Of course, the idea of climbing a tower to rescue a princess is not new...

This game is a Roguelike and you can play as 3 classes. In terms of gameplay it doesn’t resemble ToG, except that there are puzzles or riddles you have to solve along the way and many floors have a Guardian. You take stairs up but can warp around after clearing a section.

You can see there are other towers nearby (two are visible through these windows). I didn’t take pictures but there is also a Tower basement and a grassland outside. This reminds me of the Talse Uzer.

The one thing that really reminded me of ToG was here... at the end. I finally beat it (after all these years). You can see at the top...

There are stars everywhere. Ok ok as you climb there are outside balconies but still...

Plus there’s a monkey here who wants a banana. Not a crocodile but hey...

It doesn’t quite fill the craving for a ToG game but it’s a really fun game. If you play it, one tip is that the storage chest carries over between characters.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Week one without tog kicking in.... I am afraid of sleeping.

toil

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can see Triglav influencing SIU a bit, timing seems to make it possible.

Question: is there ever, anywhere—comic, blog posts, folklore—any actual explanation for why Androssi wore a matching “FUG Robe” on 2F just like Rachel and whatever that big guy’s name was?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can see Triglav influencing SIU a bit, timing seems to make it possible.

Question: is there ever, anywhere—comic, blog posts, folklore—any actual explanation for why Androssi wore a matching “FUG Robe” on 2F just like Rachel and whatever that big guy’s name was?
Pretty sure that wasn't a FUG robe but just a brown robe which she was using to hide her identity.

toil

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty sure that wasn't a FUG robe but just a brown robe which she was using to hide her identity.
A "Rachel Robe", then, maybe? The real question is if there's any explanation as to when/why/how Androssi wound up having one to wear during the king game, so as to match with Rachel & the big guy.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
A "Rachel Robe", then, maybe? The real question is if there's any explanation as to when/why/how Androssi wound up having one to wear during the king game, so as to match with Rachel & the big guy.
As far as we know, the Tower has places to get clothes - where did everyone else get their really cool Evankhell gear (which is now vintage and collectors material now)

It could also be that she had it to begin with and it came off in the fighting.

One other possibility is that Headon gave her a huge supply: “here take this clothing inventory of nefarious disguises. You’re going to need all of it... well it’s probably not enough but it’ll get you started.”

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Style for every occasion. It's the Androssi way.:XD

Anyway, I don't think it was ever explictly said so.. we can't be sure. My assumption was always that she was hiding her identity in order to get a closer look at Anak. She's a bit of a celebrity after all and would have made a pretty big ruckus just by being there.

I question I don't have the answer to though is how and why she was in Rachel's group yet spared Rachel. Considering her, Rachel, and that big dude that was serving Rachel cleared out the whole battle royal. Which is why they got added to Baam's group in the first place.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Style for every occasion. It's the Androssi way.:XD

Anyway, I don't think it was ever explictly said so.. we can't be sure. My assumption was always that she was hiding her identity in order to get a closer look at Anak. She's a bit of a celebrity after all and would have made a pretty big ruckus just by being there.

I question I don't have the answer to though is how and why she was in Rachel's group yet spared Rachel. Considering her, Rachel, and that big dude that was serving Rachel cleared out the whole battle royal. Which is why they got added to Baam's group in the first place.
Yes, that panel of the 3 of them after Quant’s death match makes you feel like Rachel had some skill, and yet she clearly does not. Either the feeling Androssi got about Rachel is real or Headon gave her something to protect her - it’s possible Ghost is also responsible. We know nothing about him.