Games - Mafia Game 69 - Overlord - Postgame | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 69 - Overlord - Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
The sun rises on Nazarick, it was a cold day with icy wind howling outside, and the surviving members of The Tomb gathered once again around Lord Ainz. He had an important announcement to make.
They had found Pandora's Actor body, lifeless in the snow. No signs of violence were found.

James Rye
Doctor

What a terrible loss, everyone was already losing faith and even Lord Ainz, with all his might, looked kind of depressed with the news...

But... suddenly, the body raised on its own feet... (?)

"It was all an act guys" :kappa

What the..? How could this happen?! Albedo had checked the body and it was definitely dead! What's the meaning of this...

Oh my! Santa Claus has come!! He had been handing gifts secretly to all the members of Nazarick to cheer them up, and as a 5th gift he gave Pandora's actor a superprotection charm!

What a Christmas Miracle! \=3=/

THIRD PARTY WINS!!!

The Grynch

:lambirb

GrySun
Santa Claus

Congratulations and Merry Christmas everyone!!!

:confetti

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Role list

• @Asako as Brain Unglaus >>> Sane Apprentice >>> Becomes Detective in N2 >>> Lynched D3
  • @lindananahayashida as Cocytus >>> Mafia Detective
  • @Belserion as Sebas >>> Death Miller
  • @MarmaladeSky as Momon >>> Innocent Child >>> Lynched D2
  • @Seraph as Yuri Alpha >>> Spy >>> Daykilled D3
  • @James Rye as Pandora's Actor >>> Sane Doctor
  • @Takuan as Mare Bello Fiore >>> Hider
  • @GrySun as Lupus Regina Beta >>> Santa Claus >>> Winner!
  • @Crescent Jinx as Shalltear >>> Noble >>> Lynched D1
  • @Jammin as Hamsuke >>> Shapeshifter >>> Lynched D5
  • @Zasz as Aura Bello Fiore >>> Daytime Vigilante >>> Turns into Illusion in N3
  • @Juviii as Narberal Gamma >>> Mortician
  • @gnut as Gazef >>> Sane Doctor >>> Becomes Freeman in D3 >>> Killed N3
  • @desin24 as Shasuryu Shasha >>> Mafia Boss >>> Turns into Illusion in N2
  • @SonOfDaws as Entoma Vasilissa Zeta >>> Prostitute >>> Killed N1
  • @Gryffindor as Demiurge >>> Mafia Janitor >>> Turns into Illusion in N4
  • @revo as Climb >>> Mafia Gambler
  • @digitaldude as Solution Epsilon >>> Sane Detective >>> Killed N2
  • @Vandred as Jirnic >>> Insane Detective >>> Dies due to poison in N2

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok guys, here are the Night Actions! o/

Night 1 Actions:

Vandred >>>>> Investigates Seraph >>>>> Guilty!
DD
>>>>> Investigates Jammin >>>>> Guilty!
Seraph
>>>>> Spies on Belserion >>>>> Gets Nothing
Gnut >>>>> Protects Belserion >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>> Protects GrySun >>>>> Success!
Asako
>>>>> Learns from Vandred >>>>> Success!
GrySun
>>>>> Gives Gift #1 to Vandred >>>>> Success! Vandred is poisoned
Daws
>>>>> Blocks desin >>>>> Fails! due to 12% chance of fail on desin (lol)
Linda >>>>> Investigates DD >>>>> Success! Gets he's Det
Gryffindor
>>>>> Janitorizes Daws >>>>>> Success! Gets Daws' role.
Takuan
>>>>> Hides behind nobody
Jammin >>>>> Hides behind GrySun >>>>> Success! but doesn't kill him due to Doc's protection

Night 2 Actions:

Vandred >>>>> Investigates Asako >>>>> Guilty! (But dies due to poison)
DD >>>>> Investigates GrySun >>>>> Guilty! (But is killed by Janitor)
Takuan >>>>> Hides behind Zasz >>>>> Success!
Asako
>>>>> Learn from Vandred >>>>> Success! Thanks to 15% chance of assured success becomes Det.
Juviii >>>>> Checks Daws corpse >>>>> Success!
Seraph
>>>>> Spies on Asako >>>>> Success! Gets she targetted Van
Jammin >>>>> Hides behind Desin >>>>> Success! desin becomes an illusion.
James
>>>>> Protects gnut >>>>> Success!
Gry
>>>>> Sends Gift #2 to gnut >>>>> Success! gnut becomes Freeman :lambirb
gnut >>>>> Protects Jammin >>>>> Success!
Gryffindor
>>>>> Kills DD >>>>> Success! he gets his role.
Linda >>>>> Investigates Belserion >>>>> Success! Gets she's DM

Night 3 Actions:

Juviii >>>>> Checks Vandred's corpse >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>>> Protects Takuan >>>>> Success!
Takuan
>>>>> Hides behind Linda >>>>> Fails! Hides behind Gryff's teammate!
Gry
>>>>> Gives Gift #3 Gryffindor >>>>> Success! His stats are reset to zero (heh)
Jammin >>>>> Hides behind Zasz >>>>> Success! Zasz becomes an Illusion.
Linda >>>>> Investigates Jammin >>>>> Success! Gets he's SS
Gryffindor
>>>>> Janitorizes gnut >>>>> Success! Gets his role and D4 is skipped

Night 4 Actions:

Juviii >>>>> Checks digitaldude's corpse >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>> Protects Takuan >>>>> Success! (Good call)
Gry >>>>> Gives Gift #4 to linda >>>>> Success! She gets NVD
Jammin >>>>> Hides Behind Gryff >>>>> Success! He becomes an Illusion
Linda >>>>> Investigates James >>>>> Success! Gets he's Doc
Gryff >>>>> Janitorizes Takuan >>>>> Fails!
Takuan
>>>>>> Hides behind linda >>>>>> Fails! Hides behind Gryff's teammate!

Night 5 Actions

Juviii
>>>>> Checks desin's corpse >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>> Protects Gry >>>>> Success!
Gry
>>>>> Gives Gift #5 to James >>>>> Success! Wins the game!
Linda
>>>>>> Investigates Gry >>>>> Success!
Revo
>>>>>> Kills James >>>>>> Fails thanks to the magic of xmas! =3=

Nice Trivia!:
  • James saved the Grynch on N1
  • Seraph was on point in almost all his deduction during DayPhases
  • DD investigated both TPs in two nights, shame he was caught first.
  • Gry betrays Van once more (even if he didn't know it...heh)

Also we were quite surprised with how underrated Agility was. It certainly had potential to change a lot of developments if more points were spent on it. Defense was good, but against strength users it was pretty much useless. :p

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
It is telling that the Mafia went for the sole active claim of this list as I discount gnut actually claiming his role to be active. Means they are playing ti safe, getting rid of active townie roles rather than "dangerous" players who can organize groups, form good theories or defend their assumption properly to gain people for their causes like who to vote for or why who should be trusted.

Should we count where we put our points in which stats as hints?
Not only is it the "easy/safe" road of mafia plays. It also intimidates players to not give hints which makes it easier for mafia to stay hidden and "keep their roles safe". I do have to admit that I am a bit surprised my hints never make it on any lists.

I see the points count as hints. I see no reason why not.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Asako and Seraph were the late switchers. Guess they were swayed by Van's post on Crescent, was a fair argument I thought, all things considered, especially for D1 and both gave restrictive hints. Probably nothing.
No I honestly read vand post after posting mine, it was at the same moment almost, when I did switch I had yet to read vand post about crescent.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Tradition mostly,the past games i played he was taken out pretty early. So i thought they'd go for him first.

Since i don't really have anything on the others yet,i'll keep an eye on her again. It feels sort of suspicious that she wouldn't reply to Gry who has been repeatedly Voting her and egging her on to reply to his remarks so far. It also felt a bit off that she'd go and become our Erin 2.0 making the Hint Lists etc.
Sure the List is helpful but that is also exactly what has put Erin in the past always out of our,or rather,my focus and in case she was Mafia it always some way or another backfired on us. She hasn't really given me anything to trust her yet to be honest,so i'll be putting my initial vote onto her as well. I'd say unless she gives us anything substantial we should go for her.

Votekill Asako
Because gry almost evey game always on me, I'm honestly not surprised that he's voting for him it's nothing new.
As for my split up what can I say didn't read clearly, was at phone so the screen isn't big to read everything, I don't even consider it a game relating thing.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
hi! Making dinner and catching up. I would say the talk about point distribution could count as hints. Not every type of stat would make a lot of sense for specific roles.

As for my hint: have a passive role this time, havent had it before either.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I'm honestly rather reluctant about admitting the skills because as far as I know it could endanger the people who didn't add anything in def like desin, desin I do remember that you said that you won't add anything in def, you could have been an easy targets for mafia especially on N1.
Well I sure if I were mafia I could go for those people who didn't add def because it could guaranty the success of the kill.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
She might just have saved your life then :fan

Any other thoughts from you or @digitaldude? These circumstance one-liners aren't really helping much.
It might put me in danger yes. Although, and that will serve as a second hint, my role isn't any useful to town despite being active. If Mafia goes for me because i'm active, well, it's better me than someone who claimed passive but in reality is a det or a doc.

I don't really have any suspect in mind right now. I'll keep an eye out for Asako since she's been suspected apparently, there as to be a reason for that; though i didn't notice anything tbh. I'll have to check the thread again, but Gry might be the only one suspecting Asako, so i'll also read back what Gry said. Also interesting tat Gry survived N1; though i wouldn't make him a suspect for so little.

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So bar keeper, mafia or prostitute? Am I missing any?
I played 34 games pretty much all of them lol.
what do you think was sonofdraws role?

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
You missed my hint. I have an active role.
RIP Takuan in Night Phase 2. XD
Hope you survive the next night phase if you are an important active townie role. If you are Mafia Scum I hope you meet a PGO. :P

Not only is it the "easy/safe" road of mafia plays. It also intimidates players to not give hints which makes it easier for mafia to stay hidden and "keep their roles safe". I do have to admit that I am a bit surprised my hints never make it on any lists.

I see the points count as hints. I see no reason why not.
Yeah, we don't have a dedicated hint collector.
I see it the same way, though ofc people could always lie about their stats or worse the thought that "def makes most sense for townies" could backfire as some mafias might have an interest in a 25%-33% chance of blocking a det investigation all on their own. Heck even 9% protection from that is better than 0.

It might put me in danger yes. Although, and that will serve as a second hint, my role isn't any useful to town despite being active. If Mafia goes for me because i'm active, well, it's better me than someone who claimed passive but in reality is a det or a doc.

I don't really have any suspect in mind right now. I'll keep an eye out for Asako since she's been suspected apparently, there as to be a reason for that; though i didn't notice anything tbh. I'll have to check the thread again, but Gry might be the only one suspecting Asako, so i'll also read back what Gry said. Also interesting tat Gry survived N1; though i wouldn't make him a suspect for so little.
Yeah, if not others also claim active you are in trouble.
As for Gry surviving N1, just shows that I am not Mafia. Would have done everything to convince my Mafia Buddies that letting Gry live spells doom and gloom for the Mafia. And ofc I would have gone for the kill myself even if we had a Janitor. Just out of respect and all that. XDDD

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
RIP Takuan in Night Phase 2. XD
Hope you survive the next night phase if you are an important active townie role. If you are Mafia Scum I hope you meet a PGO. :P

Yeah, if not others also claim active you are in trouble.
As for Gry surviving N1, just shows that I am not Mafia. Would have done everything to convince my Mafia Buddies that letting Gry live spells doom and gloom for the Mafia. And ofc I would have gone for the kill myself even if we had a Janitor. Just out of respect and all that. XDDD
Unless you're... Both in the same Mafia team :devil-mad
Which would be scary as fuck

Well, i hope i'll survive despite having claimed active lol

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I kinda agree with Asa about the points, but maybe it'll be necessary in the future if role reveals aren't enough? Idk.
About my role, I didn't have it before, and it kinda fits this Climb guy on my avi lmao I still envy Marmalade's avi.
Also @lindananahayashida I think you should follow Asako's advice on your way of writing here, it can be confusing for ppl.
Okie! But it takes a lot of effort to write this much (for reals!)

I wish I could get 3x points compared to others. So my status look cool! (& for satefy purposes :\m/)

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I'm honestly rather reluctant about admitting the skills because as far as I know it could endanger the people who didn't add anything in def like desin, desin I do remember that you said that you won't add anything in def, you could have been an easy targets for mafia especially on N1.
Well I sure if I were mafia I could go for those people who didn't add def because it could guaranty the success of the kill.
Couldn't other status help avoid getting killed too?
Yes because you dont know if person is lying or telling the truth.
So you're just going to lie & confuse people all the more?! :err

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Maybe i haven't really gotten behind this special mechanic yet but if you add 3 of your Points only onto defense that means there is a 9% chance that a murder attempt at night could fail right? Isn't that still really low? Adding points onto your Defense lessens the chance but rather minimal unless you do it for at least 3-4 Days in a row all the time 3 Points on just Def.
We also cannot forget that Agility is in the play as well,i doubt adding onto Defense over and over is going to make anybody Immortal/Impossible to kill. For me this game seems to be about balance,figuring out the best point balance for you/Your Role to survive as long as possible.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well, Mafia HAS to lie to stay hidden. Like some people who have given hints lied about them. For example it also makes sense for some townie roles to lie, like a Bullet Proof WANTS to look appealing to Mafia killers so that they waste their kills on him and such. What matters is comparing what was told with the results of actions, like who protected who at what night, who investigated who what night, which claims does not add up like a passive claim getting an "active response" from a spy investigation, etc.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

mafia lie to blend in with townies and also to confuse them, its how they can win
Have you even played this game before?
no its their first time.
Maybe i haven't really gotten behind this special mechanic yet but if you add 3 of your Points only onto defense that means there is a 9% chance that a murder attempt at night could fail right? Isn't that still really low? Adding points onto your Defense lessens the chance but rather minimal unless you do it for at least 3-4 Days in a row all the time 3 Points on just Def.
We also cannot forget that Agility is in the play as well,i doubt adding onto Defense over and over is going to make anybody Immortal/Impossible to kill. For me this game seems to be about balance,figuring out the best point balance for you/Your Role to survive as long as possible.
sokka..make sense, im honeslty really curious to how the hosts count when it fails and when not, it all depend on how their count the chances

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I feel like it is a Coinflip situation,for example,heads being your increased chance of evasion/Fail for Mafia and tails being Mafia's Success.

Status
Not open for further replies.