Support - Troubleshooting and Tech Support | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support Troubleshooting and Tech Support

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, yet another inconvenience but not so minor this time around: My space bar, enter, backslash and bakcspace keys are not working properly for some reason. What happens in this: When I start my computer they are basically unresponsive. After pressing them for a while they start working normally although if I stop using them for a bit they become unresponsive again. I have tried basically every suggestion in the first page in google regarding the issue but none have provided a permanent solution so far. These include:

1.- Updating the keyboard's firmware
2.- Uninstalling the keyboard 's firmware and restarting the computer.
3.- Turning off hotkeys and whatnot (from holding shift 8 seconds).

Any ideas of something else I can try? It doesn't look like it is a hardware issue considering there are times it works pretty much perfectly. Such as when writing this post.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok, here is another one:

Say I have a column with a few hundred rows with numbers like '09837567363001. I have changed the cell's format to text. I use the find and replace function to get rid of the apostrophe. And then in spite of the cell having a text format the number appears as a scientific number. As in 1.1111 E^10 or something.

Now here is what I need (why I need it this way is not important, it just has to be that way): I need to get rid of the apostrophe while keeping that 0 to the left and the number must not be shown in scientific format. I also can't use excel's format option. I tried setting a custom format as "000000000000" so that a zero would be shown to the left but that is only a cosmetic change hence it doesn't work. Any ideas?
I assume this problem was solved? What was it if so?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I assume this problem was solved? What was it if so?
The keyboard thing turned out to be a hardware issue. I am getting some spare parts for that. Probably getting the repairs done in january but until that I am using the cheapest keyboard I could buy. It sucks but it's what I got for the time being.

Had to do the excel thing manually unfortunately. It's a pain but its doable.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You can probably get a 10 buck key these days, no?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You can probably get a 10 buck key these days, no?
That's literally what I got. But it feels really awful. I actually regret not spending 5 extra bucks on a keyboard that doesn't feel that wrong. It's weird to think of how wrong a keyboard can fell....

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
True those cheap ones are mostly for quick fix, 15 to 20 can get you a decent one.

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Hi, is there anyone who could help me with a windows installer issue?
Basically, when I save something in my documents or go in my documents, an error message of Windows installer pops up saying I don't have a composant or a file is missing.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm how long has this been happening? Try the system restore option?
I haven't done anything like this in a long whiles but if you have a cd of the os i think you can also repair or some of the damaged files. (memory might be of off on this though~)

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
A month ago I guess. What's this system restore option ?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
A month ago I guess. What's this system restore option ?
System restore is a function on windows that lets you go "back" to a saved point in the computer. Which you can use to restore your pc to the state it was in from that saved point. Usually restoring the pc to the functionality it had, lets say a month ago.

1. Hopefully you have a saved point from some time before the issue.

If that does not work, try this option.
Be sure to back up any data you need, just in case something is lost.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I am trying to use the Cisco VPN Client and I get
Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter
I edited the text in DisplayName to

Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows
and restarted my laptop but it still doesn't work.

Anyone knows how to solve this issue? @Pat? 👀

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
The error is product specific and I don't have any ideas from experience but a google search revealed such a solution, it may help solve your problem. Cisco VPN Client seems to be an old software though, perhaps you can look for an up-to-date application.

Oh, sorry, I overlooked that the link I posted was the same solution you tried, my best suggestion would be to look for a compatible product as I stated in my post.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't plan to use it on a regular basis, but I am working with someone who has it and wanted to install it myself to test something.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I don't plan to use it on a regular basis, but I am working with someone who has it and wanted to install it myself to test something.
If you'll test something on your browser only, there're many VPN add-ons you can use. For example I currently use Browsec VPN and it's more than enough for my needs.

If you need a VPN solution for all your online applications, OpenVPN is an alternative.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Microsoft has had a bunch of problems with Windows 10 updates lately... It happened to coincide with me buying two new computers so I've had to do things like rollbacks and reinstalls to fix the issues. It's been very aggravating to say the least.... If you happen to have windows 10 version 2004 installed and it is giving you no issues, I congratulate you!

I bought a new computer for my parents. Their computer was very old and really needed to be sacrificed to the volcano god.

I also got one for myself. My old one was still great even though it was 12 years old... I think I'll use it as a Virtual machine server and run old games off of it from all the other computers in the house. :D
I'll have to figure out how to do that and it will take time, but will SOOO be worth it.

Both new systems when I installed them, I immediately upgraded the OS to the latest version. v2004
Bad choice... but I didn't know it was a bad choice. v2004 is terribly unstable. Both systems would freeze and apps would crash. Try using a usb drive and that would almost instantly crash something. After troubleshooting for a while I came to the conclusion the only common denominator between the two computers was the OS. All the hardware was different but I kept getting the same types of errors. Did a rollback and that worked!

I say that, but it took a lot of troubleshooting to get to that point. Now running off of v1909. Rock solid.

I just did the monthly updates... VERY NERVOUSLY... and so far so good... I won't upgrade to v2004 though... that was traumatic after spending around $5000 on computer equipment.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, for logistical reasons I still use Wifi for my PC instead of Ethernet and thankfully Windows lets you set your connection to "metered" so it doesn't automatically download and install updates whenever it wants. In the past it would sometimes find a way to force itself to update but I couldn't tell you the last time I did it myself.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Metered eh? I'll think about it, but for the time being I just 'pause' updates and do it manually.

I wish I could just blindly trust their updates, but lately they have been so poor.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Updates and regular installs can be far too sneaky for me to not use a Metered Connection. Even on standard 1-2TB SSDs from Steam to MSO to Adware, it just stacks up with useless crap. Always use Metered.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here Im having Bluetooth connection issues where the connected device (headset) beings to lag a video/audio that im trying to watch. Its painful.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I didn't have any bluetooth connection issues with v2004 but... I think it was one of the plethora of issues it had.

Yup! Here is one site reporting that.

I should have asked though if you actually have Win 10 v2004 installed. :sweat

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't have any bluetooth connection issues with v2004 but... I think it was one of the plethora of issues it had.

Yup! Here is one site reporting that.

I should have asked though if you actually have Win 10 v2004 installed. :sweat
Yep have 2004 version. I have a 4.0 dongle to connect to my headphones. Used to work fine however.
Maybe I should buy a 5.0 dongle and see if that corrects the issue.