Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 71 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't know how Japan doesn't get sick of them.
but they're, just look at the recent batch of new series
to me this sounds like more of a tune deaf editorial department issue

this recent inlux of exorcists didn't happen in Magazine, Sunday, Champions, not to this extent at least

OtterBrigade

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So because of one success that magazine has to do nothing but new exorcist manga?

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
How well did JUMP FORCE do in JPN or is it too early to know the sales?

or 78.990 according to famitsu (The other number is media create, both are trackers and both can be used)

previous crossover games for comparison (Famitsu)

Code:
System     Title                    FW         LTD        Publisher       Release Date
NDS        Jump! Ultimate Stars     169.740    789.445    Nintendo        23/11/2006
NDS        Jump! Super Stars        202.139    549.265    Nintendo        08/08/2005
PS3        J-Stars Victory Vs       118.737    189.568    Bandai Namco    19/03/2014
PSV        J-Stars Victory Vs       90.907     155.965    Bandai Namco    19/03/2014
keep it mind the price of the game(NDS games are cheaper) and size of the userbase (numbers below are based on consoles sold and not active users)
NDS Aug 2015 ~ 3-4M
NDS Nov 2016 ~ 10M+
PS4 Feb 2019 ~ 8M
Can't count PS3 and PSV since I can't find them at the moment, but going by memory PS3 should about the same and PSV should be way lower

and the different buying landsape nowadays

not bad considering how PS4 are doing in Japan right now. but the legs are really horrible right now for PS4 releases, we will the percentage drop next
week

edit: adding the fact that is rare for PS4 games to even double the FW sales in its lifetimes , so we might not even reach the FW of the previous 2 games.

the west might be where it matters anyway

also, before anyone ask what about XBOX? this is Japan...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

forgot j-stars... lol (Added now)

Last edited:

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Then what are you saying? Others are pointing out the multiple flops of exorcist manga and you came in with one success
Never said this.
It was an answer to those who said that the manga on exorcisms flop.

The most successful 2018 manga is about exorcisms.

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Never said this.
It was an answer to those who said that the manga on exorcisms flop.

The most successful 2018 manga is about exorcisms.
And no one said they all flop. Most of them have flopped and one success doesn't mean Jump should put all their eggs in exorcism (I know you didn't say that but I don't get why you're pointing out Jujutsu being a success when no one denied that.)

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Most of the recent superhero movies have all been part of one mega series, and the ones that aren't (DC movies) have all sucked.

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
Most of the recent superhero movies have all been part of one mega series, and the ones that aren't (DC movies) have all sucked.
So? Doesn't make them NOT superhero movies. If you get tired of something, you get tired of it irrespective of how it's being presented.

And again, DC movies sucking is your opinion. Tons of people have enjoyed them and still look forward to more DC movies.
Just like how clearly the exorcist sucking or being derivative (I have no view on this since I dont read or follow any) is just your opinion. Japanese clearly still enjoy them enough for publishers to still invest in them.

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
So happy to see Sumo ranking high in the TOC two weeks on a row after being stuck on the bottom for so damn long, it really didnt deserve to be there. Also quite a pleasant surprise to see Higuma being the highest ranked of the newbies, hoping it can pull a Jujutsu/Act Age

Shibashii coming back is welcomed but I hope it isnt that one shot from last year, ugh

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
High or low ToC rank isnt going to save it from cancellation :emocat. I hope food wars is out of here first.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I heard Soma's newest volume sold the worse since its second volume

if that's true, its end is near
Digital sales make that a statement that is impossible to be true or even accurate, as we know that digital volumes sells have greatly offset losses in the declining importance of sales generated from brick'n'mortar establishments.

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
Viz posted about record breaking sales from MHA, anyone know what that's about?

Status
Not open for further replies.