Campaign - Husbando Wars 2019 - Campaining Thread #1 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Campaign Husbando Wars 2019 - Campaining Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Use this thread to post your campaigns!

Please read the Rules and the Combatants Thread!

Battle Phase 1- The Husbandos will fight it out in the Campaining thread.
- Every user will send their personal Top 10 Ranking of all Nominees to a staff member of their choice.
- Users are allowed to change their ranking till the phase is over.
- The Nominees will get ranked according to solo rankings of all participants.
- The Husbandos will get points which equal their total rank.
- After 5 days, the 10 Husbandos with the most points will proceed into the next round.
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Will post something asap , please support Marian
!

*Clickable pic* please listen to the amazing track ♥ - Track : The Musician (DGM anime)

So here we go ! Dont have a lot to say, recycling stuff, i ve been saying :arf hope it will be enough to convince you ! Please support Marian & vote for him

Marian's character and overall description

So who is Marian ? Marian Cross is a very strong (possibly the strongest exorcist in DGM or one of them), upright, caring & charismatic guy, it's not your average guy who could be easily be manipulated. And he’s a kind & pleasant man despite he tends to not show his caring side too much.
What’s makes him a likeable character is, not only, he’s funny, manly, protective hot ♥ , but above all, i love how is he, how he is behaving, how he's not just an obedient puppy as a general, he's the kind of guy who questions a lot, even authority (the Order).

he is a man of knowledge (a scientist), and despite acting tough, he’s a goodhearted guy, who took care of a child who’s not even his, he mentored Allen and developped eventually a father-child relationship with him, he btw is the one who made Tim and gave it to Allen (to those who aren’t familiar with DGm, just consider Tim as a mascot for now, see pics ;) ).

According to Hoshino (quoting wiki) : Cross regards Allen as his own child, and thinks that Allen is cute. In turn, Allen was very distraught when he saw all the blood in Cross' room, believing him to be dead [...]The anime changed their relationship, adding fillers of Cross being more cruel to Allen than he was in the manga. Examples including Cross running off and leaving Allen to be beaten by thugs. Forcing him to gamble for money when he wasn't in need of any due to living off of rich lovers.
[...]
“There are some key differences in Cross portrayal with the anime and the manga. The former added in filler episodes and events, or changed things, to play up Cross as being a bad person, and villainized him more than Hoshino's manga characterization.

People think Marian is not enough good because of his so-called womanizer side, Hoshino said :“Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards”, indeed he is a naturally gallant man but the anime emphasizes that much more and makes him look like a womanizer, which is not exactly whats in the original material and made him look maybe slightly bad, while actually he’s not even close to be a pervert like Jiraya despite some similitudes (like father figure/mentoring etc.). He's only shown being gallant and having a soft spot for women. Also being interested in women dont make him bad, he’s not commited in some relationships or whatever, Afaik so there’s nothing wrong, its not as if he was cheating. Many characters are like this, calling him bad because of that is quite hyprocritical and double standards. Anyway he’s a protective gentleman towards women quite like Sanji. Marian didnt do anything wrong, has no human killing records as far as i know, has not been embroiled in any inhuman thing. Some people might think hes a grayish character, because hes mysterious, but hes in the good side, and acoording to Hoshino, hes probably the character know the most in DGM story.

Oneagi, give hime him a chance, thxs in advance ! :zomg

Last edited:

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Tamahome
(using the Tahoma font :D)

Ogre

Who is Tamahome?:

Expert martial artist, Tamahome, is one of the seven warriors of Suzaku (I'm sure as any anime fan you know about the four beasts: Suzaku, Byakko, Seiryu and Genbu) whose duty is to protect the priestess, whom he loves. Since Suzaku represents fire and passion, he is stubborn and passionate.

Being the oldest in his family, his job was to earn money so his ill father could have medicine. This made him a lover of money until he met Miaka.

Why does he make a great husbando?:

1. He protects his waifu!

2. He is a family man

3. He is strong inside and out

4. He can go Super Saiyan (well Super Suzaku :lmao)

5. He is hottttt!!!!! :drool

6. He is willing to die for his love

7. He changed from a jerk who was only interested in money to a hero who would do anything to defend his friends

8. He would defy the laws of the universe and cross worlds to be with Miaka

9. This:

Last edited:

Gajeel

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Robert E.O. Speedwagon

Ladies, are you looking for a man who will melt your heart? A man who will treat you like the Queen you are? A gentleman who will do anything for you. Yes? Then search no more, I got the perfect man for you! Robert E.O Speedwagon is a man with many great qualities that people would kill to have and I can guarantee you that you will not regret picking him as your husbando. Oh? You’re a young fella that isn’t attracted to husbandoes? Great news because Speedwagon can act as a waifu too!

Before we start, I would highly appreciate if you, and only if you want, could watch the first 9 episodes of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure (Part 1). The reason why I’m saying this is because I know some of you won’t take this nomination seriously since you might be assuming that JoJo is all about memeing but please believe me when I say that I truly see husbando potential in Speedwagon. Thank you,

Appearance

Speedwagon is fairly build man of averaged height with a scar running from his nose to his jaw. He’s pretty much a classy man always wearing a dark colour suit accompanied with a tie and his signature hat. English born, he got long blond hair and brown eyes. Now I know some of you will make fun of his hair style but as he got older, his hair style changed too so you might like the older version’s hair better.

Loyalty

Speedwagon’s forte, and a highly desired quality in men, loyalty is the word to describe Sir Robert. I don’t have the exact words to describe his unique devotion so here’s Speedwagon's context. Imagine having a best friend who has a wife and you know well that they are deeply in love with each other. Then suddenly, one day, your best gal dies in a tragic accident. You would assume that you could get the widow to fall for you over time but instead, to be respectful toward your deceased friend, you decide to help her go on with life and support her with money and your time in lieu of trying to make her fall in love with you. Basically, you are acting as a brother by choice for the wife instead of dishonouring yourself by trying to take your best friend’s wife. That’s what we call loyalty. Now, imagine this same kind of mindset if Speedwagon were to be your husbando. Someone with this type of fidelity will never ever think about cheating on you.

Maturity

This young fella here used to be part of a street gang called the Ogre Street in his wilder days but fear not ladies because this man matured to become a real gentleman after a certain event in his life. Now, maturity doesn’t mean that he can’t have fun like everyone else. It just means that he won’t be a dangerous delinquent anymore and that he is now set to start a stable and happy life with a potential waifu 😉. Imagine a man with distinct goals in life and ready to share his life with another person. Isn’t that wholesome?

This is Speedwagon,
Speedwagon sees his bestfriend having some private time with the woman his friend loves,
Speedwagon decides to leave them alone instead of jumping in the room and destroy the atmosphere,
be like Speedwagon,

Richness

Speedwagon made a fortune in the oil industry in America, making millions maybe billions of dollars in that industry (Keep in mind he lived during the late 19th century and early mid 20th century). What’s worth telling about Speedwagon and his richness is that he’s not one greedy man. With that fortune, he created the Speedwagon Foundation, a foundation dedicated to preserve nature and landscapes through out the world and to sponsor medical, hsitorical and supernatural researches (he’s from a bizarre world). We’re talking about researches that could maybe find the cure to diseases such as Alzheimer or cancer or save the world from a immense danger. My point is that this shows how compassionate Speedwagon is as a human being and how money doesn’t define one person. He also uses it to finance the Joestar blood line which we will talk about later. Also, I know money itself shouldn’t be a reason why he’s a great husbando but money also means stability and stability is something that most people look for in life 😉.

Family

I already talked about how caring Speedwagon is as a person and how loyal he is but if you mix the two of them together, you’ll get an even bigger asset. To start, this fella financed all activities from the Joestars bloodline members, even after his death. We could say that Speedwagon devoted his entire life to the Joestars, even considering them as close family members. Now, imagine Speedwagon at a family reunion. You wouldn’t even have to worry about how boring the party would be because it will never be. Food, location, games, everything will be amazing because this husbando will take care of everything. You won’t find a person who will cherish his family more than him.

Intelligence

We’re talking about a man who made millions in the oil industry here. A highly respect baron who started from nothing and successfully climbed the ladders. Plus, if we consider his foundation, then it means that he has deep knowledge in term of nature, health, history, supernatural and even more stuff. Speedwagon would be the type of husband who will always have something to discuss about with you. You want to talk about the pyramids in Egypt or you want to know more about a certain bird? Ask Speedwagon :gent!

vote for Speedwagon!

LighteningLord

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Vote for Shoto Todoroki the half and half hero!! Not only he is a cool guy but he is also a really hot guy (Get it? :hee ).

Not only his quirk use has matured over the time, so has his emotional responses towards everyone esp. to Momo.

Given time and room, these two can definitely go the distance and Todoroki will prove to be a better husband then his father.

History:
Todoroki's father, Endeavour has a fire based quirk and a never ending thirst of beating All Might and taking the number one spot as a pro Hero. Some time later as he matured and realized that he won't be able to beat All Might. But the thirst and hunger to be on the top never ended and Endeavour married to Rei who had a powerful Ice quirk with an intend to create powerful progeny that would beat All Might and be on the top. This led Endeavour to be a very bad father and an even worse husband. Shoto, since young age decided that he will never be like his father and will surpass him only by using his mother's quirk.

Given his turbulent history, Shoto was very little empathetic towards his friends but has been steadily showing his emotional side once in a while and also overcame his "Only I'll lead" persona when he was working with Yaomomo during the practical advancement exam.

He has always protected those around him. He is kind, gentle, charming, strong, motivational and understanding and above all readily accepts his responsibility for his mistakes. All these are fantastic traits for a strong husbando and I feel that we all should be a little like him.

If you believe in him as I do, to be a great husband, Please vote Todoroki Shoto!!

Last edited:

Hana Maria

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
It was quite fun to be acquainted with your husbandoes😊 but sadly they weren't able to make me hesitate a bit about my ranking :catshrug since there is always one Best Husbando and i am here to make it clear!

Enjoy!😉💚

Roronoa Zoro, also known as "Pirate Hunter" Zoro, is a swordsman and combatant of the Straw Hat Pirates and a former bounty hunter.

He was the first member to join the crew, and is considered one of the most dangerous members in it after Luffy. His fame as a master swordsman and his great strength, along with the actions of his captain, sometimes led others to believe he was the true captain of the crew before he obtained his first bounty.

His dream is to become the greatest swordsman in the world. Zoro is also regarded as one of twelve pirates who are referred to as the "Worst Generation". He currently has a bounty of 320,000,000.
Also he is #BestBoy!💚
Protective!
He is little bit tsundere but he is caring, brave, strong and protective! And he will come running for his waifu if she is in trouble!😊

Badassery!
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

He is a Badass! As simple as that you can call him a beast, a boss or a powerhouse!
He is monstrously strong and quite wise when it comes to drawing his swords, because he won't come to your rescue if he knows you can take care of yourself since he want you to build your self esteem and confidence!😍

Sexiness!
He is hot, sexy af, he got them muscles and is immensely handsome!😍😍😘💖 Sorry but If you don't think so you're most likely blind! XD

And finally,

Vote for zoro-kun!!🤗💚💚

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Who is Kaneki?

Kaneki is the protagonist of Tokyo Ghoul and one of the best written characters in manga history.He is very much human like and much realistic

"I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I'm just a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But... if, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy."

— Ken Kaneki

As he is so human like you can relate to him.

He is strong

He is strong enough to protect his loved ones

He always saves his Wife

He always saves his wife without any exception

He is a true Father to his Family

He can cook

He is a great cook so he can cook well

He is good to his friends

He is quite close to his friends especially his best friend Hide

And also to his squad

And to his original friends

He is Handsome

He is quite handsome

So pleas vote for Kaneki :wtf

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Loid Forger

Loid Forger
Story:
Loid is a great spy who is assigned a mission where he has to...marry and have a child...
Loid doesn't like the idea but he has no choice but to comply.
He adopts a little girl, Anya, and starts a fake marriage with a woman named Yor but...he isn't the only one keeping secrets...

However, this fake family turns into a beautiful one:

Loid qualities:

-Kind and fair
-A gentleman
-A cool father
-Always defends his family
-Good-looking
-Badass
-Intelligent
-Good cook

Vote Loid Forger!

Last edited:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

So it's finally here fun, alright then time to start working

Hacking initiated
listen to this while reading
Begin hacking

In a world far away were human longer lived on earth, existed a war in hope for android to reclaim their creator home form aliens

And so there they was a lone scanner that fought in honor for their creator, infiltrating enemy territory in order to collect information for the benefits of all, no matter the condition, in fogs, in flames, alone...
That was 9S but then he meet 2B and a new story begins for better or worst....

Personality

Nines is an extremely intelligent person but also he a big ball of curiosity, to the point where he gets easily distracted
He loves discovering new information or anything really

He also really kind especially to 2B and have a polite personality but surprisingly he can be rather savage thought rarely, he be more sarcastic usually

Don't let nines kinda personality fool you, he can be really sharp and can easily know when sometimes is wrong, he not someone who you can deceive and that could also mean that nines is not the kinda guy that could follow order blindly, he will offend question things

He also recognise how much work their commander give :XD

Combat Style

Scanner model were supposed to not fight but 9S reprogrammed himself so he can protect himself in any situation, melee fight are still not his strong point tho, but nevertheless he have a more fearsome weapon and that is his hacking... It's scary how devastating it is

Still 9S because of his hacking style have a lot of combos powerful that he can use when combined with his melee fight (tho it kinda hard to pull off, but when done right he can definitely beat 2B when it comes to damage)
His counter attack is a beast

Pfft to 21O who told 9S he be liability in battle she clearly didn't know the S in 9S stand for style
If you think 9S is only powerful when you control him and not cannon, there was actual a novella that tells a story before the game, where 9S fought 2B (for spoilish reason I get into as it's an important moment in their relationship ) and he had the upper hand
Don't underestimate our bun bun

Part 1 end more to come soon in this round

i really hope you all support nines, he really deserve it, and if you're still not convinced I hope you wait for me to do part 2, the real talk....this is a more General introduction

Last edited:

Totinona

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Hello!

As reading the campaign posts of the other participants fills me with determination anxiety
and makes my stomach hurt I'll try to write a post Tarou is worthy of. :lambirb

Tarou Kabakura
Tarou is one of the 4 main characters of WotaKoi and the oldest of the four.
He is 28 years old and his birthday is the 9th of November.
His appearance can be somewhat on the scary side but don't be fooled! He is caring, protective and good at looking after others.
He is also unable to refuse favours.
At work he is a strict but reliable superior
as seen in the manga when he was responsible for organizing the company employee trip to a hotspring.

Tarou and Hirotaka competing to see who can last the longest in the sauna at the hotsprings:

Private life -There is no Tarou without Hanako so be prepared to see her a lot as well-
In WotaKoi he is classified as a light otaku who enjoys the cliched stuff like hero and bishoujo manga/animes.
He also plays games.

He has been together with Hanako since high school. The both of them used to be the captains for their
high-school's volleyball teams and they used to bicker like cats and dogs.
They still bicker daily and it is their way of communicating their honest feelings instead of bottling it up I'd say. :lambirb
They seem to enjoy each others company a lot in their free time and it easy to see their love for each other as well. :blushbirb

*Watching scary movie*

*Playing Mario Kart*

*At the hotsprings*

*Not quite on the same page*

*After a long day*

*Sorry if the English seems unnatural, added it myself and I didn't want to think about it anymore. '-'

Vote for Tarou! :blushbirb

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
MH Husbando Prospectus
Nishikata

Measurables
Fitness - 10/10

Nishikata used to make 'deals' with himself that, if he lost to Takagi, he'd have to do some form of strenuous excercise. We know how that ended for him
The results tho :tss :tss

Manga reads - 100% Unrequited is his fave manga/anime. It's a shoujo. He deserves points for this :hmph

Rings - 1 x Wedding Ring from Takagi
The highest accolade in otaku history. Put simply there is no better feat from a husbando.

Intangibles
Courage - see below, if you have the courage.
Keep in mind that Takagi is a Goddess, who teases.

Perseverance - Nishikata loses Takagi in pretty much every chapter. That's a lot of L's. But he keeps trying to win, seeking the day where he defeats Takagi. He gets back on his feet every time, looking for ways to improve, and he never takes it out on her. This healthy personal development pathway would obviously flourish in a relationship.

Luck - no need to explain this.

Grade : 1st Overall Selection

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Vegeta is one of the most popular characters in the Dragonball franchise and, personally for me, one who epitomizes the term “character development”. To understand the man he is now first let me tell you the man he was.

Vegeta is a Saiyan Prince, technically King, from the enslaved Planet Vegeta (yes he was named after his planet and his father was also named Vegeta) that came to planet Earth to destroy it. That’s right; he was a villain with the clichéd purpose of world destruction.

But along the way, after many hard fought battles and defeats, he had a change of heart and it became less about destroying everything and more about beating his rival and fellow Saiyan, Goku. It was a matter of pride for the Saiyan Prince to be the strongest of the remaining Saiyans as the majority had been wiped out years prior.

Vegeta is a warrior to his very core and he had no time nor inclination for anything else but the heat of battle. Then one day she happened.

Bulma is the best friend of his main rival Goku. She and Vegeta hated each other at first sight. But along the way, the fine line between hate and love blurred and suddenly Bulma was claiming her man. Vegeta didn’t know what hit him.

Next thing he's married with kids! Although he tries to hide it he's a big softy when it comes to them. Vegeta is the ultimate tsundere.

After falling in love with Bulma, everything changed for Vegeta. He stopped being the selfish lone wolf everyone knew and became a family man, putting his wife and children above everything, even when he's in battle.

This begins my campaign to crown Vegeta as Husbando 2019. More to come soon......

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
- ̗̀ Allen Walker ̖́-

"Because I'm a small man, my heart is moved for what's in front of my eyes.
I just can't abandon what's there in front of me. I want to protect everything I can."

I. General overview

Allen is a kind, generous, brave, fun and self-sacrificing man.
He's a former Exorcist working to defeat demons-creatures called Akuma, one of the strongest ones and with a very rough past that didn't make him any less kind and compassionate.
Because of his Cursed Eye, which allows him to see the human souls bound to Akuma, Allen considers them to be just as important to him as humans, swearing to himself on saving Akumas and his right to saving humans.

Because of this he's often called an idealistic who doesn't understand that his job as an Exorcist is to destroy and not to save, and so from this, Allen starts to say
"I will be a destroyer who saves".

Allen isn't a husband, a father or a man of family, but he's a strong young man who, despite his sad and harsh childhood and life in general, never lost his compassion and positive point of views of the world. He's not flawless -he can be too idealistic, stubborn, and has shades of pride- but his kindess has made him gain friendships and being loved even by some of his enemies.

And he's even very soft with the ladies :blush

He's a handsome young man who can often act like a gentleman, overprotective and sometimes very polite; he's still friendly but harsh , funny and dorky-like but also serious and contantly reflecting of life; a strong figther but a very idealistic person; loyal but questions authority.
He's also not someone who would take a insult or injury to himself lying down. If you bark at him you better be prepared for the chance of him responding with a bite.

He has a lot of depth to him, sometimes more than he really wants to acknowledge.
He is ultimately a merciful and caring person who fights, not because of a need to have hero complex, or a need to destroy a enemy he hates, but rather as he discovers over his development, it is out of love and the want to redeem the tragic souls of the Akuma and for his faith in humanity just as much.

In the end, despite his sometimes complex personality, Allen overall is a gentle, patient, fun, dorky and loving person who can overcome his sadness and tragedies, who also lives to give himself for the things he loves, such as his friends, akuma and humanity.

Please give Allen a chance! :blush

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Right, so, I'll make this as clear and concise as possible.

About Soma Kyo

Q
. What do we know about Kyo? What distinguishes him from every other candidate here?

A. He is......

A cat

Yep, our darling Kyo is a bona fide feline:

And, let's be serious here. Who doesn't like cats? Aside from dog lovers (Who make up, like 3% of the general populace), I'll operate under the assumption everyone loves cats. Adores them. Would die for them.
Why are they so adorable though?

a) They can train you, and assist you in coming up with ultimate moves

b) Would make very good sidekicks in battle + can save your life

c)Cats can also teach you how to play piano

d) They hold mystical powers, and can turn you into warriors to save the Galaxy.

e) Can warn you about an alien invasion in your home

Aside from all that, cats can also:

(i) Cuddle up with you

(ii) Keep you company

(iii) Keep you safe

(iv) Even if sometimes they'll get mad at you

(v) They will always, always be there to welcome you home

Last but not least

Cats are love, cats are life

Vote Kyo Sohma.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Just like Smash, you will never Joker's victory coming.

Joker is full of class and able to steal anyone's heart.

He also has great zingers such as "Honey, I'm home" and "Show them your inner man".

And my favorite lie: "I'm a dad"

Dude's pretty badass, from protecting a woman from rape to summoning the second son of YHWH Sataneal

What's not to love about him?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Are you tired of your magical husbando? Are you tired of all the drama? Look no further! Let me introduce Nakamura Hiro. A man that doesn't need flashy gifs to introduce himself.

So who is this guy? And why should you chose him as your Husbando?
He's a family oriented person. As the oldest of three siblings, he feels it's his responsiblity to keep the family together. This has been proven difficult after the death of his parents - yet he never gives up trying. His family is his number one priority.
But family doesn't always mean blood. He's kind enough to take in one of his old childhood friends when she has nowhere to go. Besides giving her a place to stay, he makes sure she's safe and happy.
And tell me, aren't those traits one seeks in a Husbando?
Besides his kindness, protectiveness and helpful nature there are a few things you might want to know.
- Hiro is skilled at housework and let's be honest here - what's better than a man that cleans up after himself without you having to nag for it?
- Has a stable job as a programmer (a man that can take care of you!)
- Is a literature enthusiast (even though he is a little shy about his love for reading). Who doesn't love a man with his own hobbies?
- And perhaps most importantly.... He has a super cute pet named croquette.

Honestly, how can you not like this guy?
Don't be shy and vote for Hiro~

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
II -A caring man - Episode 2 preview (if Marian is not axed before next round :arf )

Please support Marian !

Video part (coz dont know what to say more...)

Please take a couple of minutes to watch and hear the lyrics, it took too long to make , thxs :zomg

Track : The Musician D-Gray man (Eng version, by Amalee)
In case the link doesnt work :
Code:
https://streamable.com/ukd4p

Those lyrics are exactly expressing what was Marian to Allen and how much he care about him, and a man who can cares that much of a child with a tragic past, will do at least that much for a lady, and is automatically qualified as a great husbando, coz it requires being goodhearted, gentle etc....​

[...]
Someone please show this child what love is
Take those tiny hands and leave a kiss

Falling fast asleep
May this little boy find blissful dreams [
...]

Status
Not open for further replies.