Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 316 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'd just hope he'd have strength beyond just his devil fruit abilities. I'd think it flat out irresponsible to put someone in charge of the most important prison in their world just becuase of their devil fruit, especially when one the key things we learn about the New World is that those who rely too much on their fruit ain't worth much.

I mean, it worked until they retrieved the antidote from Shiryu. Nevermind that Blackbeard had the ability to cancel devil fruit abilities with his Darkness Fruit. So the fruit is out the equations 2 times over.

If he was as good as YC1 we wouldn't know. It's been made pretty clear that power levels during that point in the series aren't consistent with what we know about them now.
I dunno, haven't some characters pointed out that devil fruit users are often weak once their fruit power is taken away? Did Blackbeard say this to Ace, or did someone say this to Luffy? But they could have thought Magellan's fruit was powerful enough to take out anyone if there's any trouble, and so far it was true until Luffy and Blackbeard came along, and Shiryuu betrayed Magellan. It does seem like Blackbeard relies on his fruit a lot, and the end result is that he's one of the Emperors now, so who knows.

I know, but you'd also think Magellan could make his poison work quickly.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dunno, haven't some characters pointed out that devil fruit users are often weak once their fruit power is taken away? Did Blackbeard say this to Ace, or did someone say this to Luffy? But they could have thought Magellan's fruit was powerful enough to take out anyone if there's any trouble, and so far it was true until Luffy and Blackbeard came along, and Shiryuu betrayed Magellan. It does seem like Blackbeard relies on his fruit a lot, and the end result is that he's one of the Emperors now, so who knows.

I know, but you'd also think Magellan could make his poison work quickly.
That's what I mean. Several characters have pointed that out. It's a trait that many have said differentiates New World noobs and veterans. Those who rely on their fruits aren't going to be able to last.

He did, that's why he praised Ace because he didnt rely on his fruit and his basic combat skills were impressive.

Blackbeard is cocky because of his fruit, but the series has made it clear that his physical abilities are monsterous. Even before he was revealed to have a fruit, we had Oda hype up his skill with him giving Shanks his scar.

I think he can, depending on the poison. I don't recall which technique he used on them though.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
So after reading the chapter and seeing how Yamato in her brief brawl with Luffy, how strong you all think she is? Been a long while since Oda show good female showing as of late until recently with Ulti and now Yamato. I think Yamato could be one of the strongest females in the series if she able to handle Haki and Gear 3rd respectively and combine. Might be YC lvl, but Idk if she as strong as All-Stars, but being Kaido's child, she has potential to be very strong. Right now I would say she could be YC4 perhaps, but what does everyone think?

albertwv

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So after reading the chapter and seeing how Yamato in her brief brawl with Luffy, how strong you all think she is? Beena long while since Oda show good female showing as of late until recently with Ulti and now Yamato. I think Yamato could be one of the strongest females in the series if she able to handle Haki and Gear 3rd respectively and combine. Might be YC lvl, but Idk if she as strong as All-Stars, but being Kaido's child, she has potential to be very strong. Right now I would say she could be YC4 perhaps, but what does everyone think?
Too early to tell but at least stronger than Ulti and Page 1 so yeah YC3 level

Melmoth

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
With Kaido strength running through her blood and Oden will blooming through her spirit...she has to be some kind of monster! I'm really looking forward to see her fight with all her might!
I want a top tier woman fighter in the crew...helping Luffy become the PK she would increase her chance to open Wano borders!

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Remember y'all, we've got a 24 Hour rule when it comes to recently released scans.

It's pretty early, but them casually keeping up with Luffy implies that they're at least YC tier. Given that they're also Kaido's child (which may be significant depending on Kaido's own origins), they might even be YC1, maybe higher.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Supernova Killer is not an opponent to discard lightly. Pica with DR amount of stone is easily YC tier above the likes of Cracker, Jack and Queen.
Besides, Luffy has never shown dominance over either Cracker and Katakuri. Him pulling G4 against straightforward combatant like Ulti shows that he isnt really strong as the fandom initially thought, everyone expected Luffy to low diff commander tiers while he is struggling with those below it.

Besides, Zoro's portrayal against an actual top tier is better than Luffy's. He clashed 2 times with an Admiral and had no need to resort to his EL power-up while Luffy had to use EL PU against Fujitora. Zoro was ready for round 3 vs Fujitora when he saw that Luffy was sent flying, implying he would do better.

Orochi having someone above King is basically an impossibility at this point, imo. That chance ended with Kyoshiro being Denjiro.
Nah nik cracker destroys pica. Pica's stone was destroyed by gear 3rd while Crackers could keep up and cut trough gear 4th luffy.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Nah nik cracker destroys pica. Pica's stone was destroyed by gear 3rd while Crackers could keep up and cut trough gear 4th luffy.
eh, depends on how the fight goes. You need attacks with large range to split pica. Otherwise, he will just keep regenerating. And since pica becomes the stone, it seems he doesn't waste any energy while we know cracker gets exhausted eventually to produce the crackers continuously.
Pica's DF is very tricky.

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
He can destroy stone but his DC feats are non-existent to deal with a mountain of stone.
Pica and Cracker have the same combat style, hiding behind a medium which they control and Pica plays that game better.
His size is an issue for Cracker since he has no DC feats.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
eh, depends on how the fight goes. You need attacks with large range to split pica. Otherwise, he will just keep regenerating. And since pica becomes the stone, it seems he doesn't waste any energy while we know cracker gets exhausted eventually to produce the crackers continuously.
Pica's DF is very tricky.
Yeap Pica's DF was definitely way too over powered that's why Oda had to troll him for Zoro to win

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
That's what I mean. Several characters have pointed that out. It's a trait that many have said differentiates New World noobs and veterans. Those who rely on their fruits aren't going to be able to last.

He did, that's why he praised Ace because he didnt rely on his fruit and his basic combat skills were impressive.

Blackbeard is cocky because of his fruit, but the series has made it clear that his physical abilities are monsterous. Even before he was revealed to have a fruit, we had Oda hype up his skill with him giving Shanks his scar.

I think he can, depending on the poison. I don't recall which technique he used on them though.
Yeah, and how do we know Magellan is one of those that doesn't rely only on his fruit when his prisoners generally are cuffed?

But his cockiness has gotten him injured more than once, and Magellan could have killed him had Shiryuu not arrived.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, and how do we know Magellan is one of those that doesn't rely only on his fruit when his prisoners generally are cuffed?

But his cockiness has gotten him injured more than once, and Magellan could have killed him had Shiryuu not arrived.
I mean, that's what we're debating about. For Magellan to be someone on a YC level, he'd have to meet the standards that regular New World Veterans are held up to, which is to be someone who extremely capable even without his fruit. We don't know Magellan's capabilities without his fruit at this moment.

It's gotten him injured, but it's not because he relies on his fruit. It because he's a cocky guy. If Blackbeard ever got his fruit nullified, he would not be helpless. Given how his fruit works, he would take less damage from attacks since the Darkness fruit increase damage dealt to him.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are we bringing back Pica talk again? Just because Zoro beat him, doesn't mean no one wouldn't defeat him the same and better. Pica was an fodder-enemy. He ran the moment he was outmatch and did hide and seek all of the fighting. Thinking he be problem to Yonko and their higher-ups is llogical. Even High Veterans like Daifuku, Oven, Page One, Ulti, and others there level be too much for him. Plus by saying that, are we saying he stronger than Doflamingo, his own boss? Few are overhyping his abilities when in reality is slow, made of stone, target. Breaking rocks been feat since pre-timeskip, so don't see Doflamingo and Veterans, YCs, Admirals, Yonkos, etc. struggling against a guy like that.

Last edited:

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think most people can beat Pica the same way. Because he can hide, he's not an easy oneshot. But once you beat down the rocks and draw him out, he's shottable.
I can see that. If he just runs away in stone, but feel COO users will detect him faster to beat him swifter than just playing long game for him to move.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I mean, that's what we're debating about. For Magellan to be someone on a YC level, he'd have to meet the standards that regular New World Veterans are held up to, which is to be someone who extremely capable even without his fruit. We don't know Magellan's capabilities without his fruit at this moment.

It's gotten him injured, but it's not because he relies on his fruit. It because he's a cocky guy. If Blackbeard ever got his fruit nullified, he would not be helpless. Given how his fruit works, he would take less damage from attacks since the Darkness fruit increase damage dealt to him.
Exactly. Plus, another odd part is that despite his devil fruit being extremely potent, he still got beaten to near death, so it makes one wonder.

I did mention him being cocky, but he's been lucky in those instances like with Magellan and Whitebeard being close to death and unable to slice Blackbeard's body.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Only 3 individuals were capable of beating Pica in DR - Zoro, Law and Fujitora. Not only a high DC capability is required, which very few have, but also the effectiveness of cutting Pica off from the ground in single attack otherwise he escapes.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Only 3 individuals were capable of beating Pica in DR - Zoro, Law and Fujitora. Not only a high DC capability is required, which very few have, but also the effectiveness of cutting Pica off from the ground in single attack otherwise he escapes.
Pica has no chance against Sabo or Luffy.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Pica has no chance against Sabo or Luffy.
He cant beat the two, sure but the two cant trap him either.
King's Punch is far superior what those two have to offer and still, it cannot corner Pica.
The match-ups are a big deal in OP, punchers simply arent effective in trapping Pica.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
He cant beat the two, sure but the two cant trap him either.
King's Punch is far superior what those two have to offer and still, it cannot corner Pica.
The match-ups are a big deal in OP, punchers simply arent effective in trapping Pica.
Both those guys could keep punching away at rock until he surfaces, then gets oneshotted.

If there's infinite rock, and Pica runs away, it's his loss. The match-up is not poor for Luffy or Sabo, it's just that Pica can use the ground to run away. Pica is still a scrub compared to them.