Anime - Game of Future: Hyoutei vs Rikkai | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Game of Future: Hyoutei vs Rikkai

Seakay

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
New Updates with Key Visual

An update on Crunchyroll with some new information. Also a new visual that makes me suspect Hiyoshi and Kirihara will have a match, judging from their prominence. If Hiyoshi wins, then maybe Hyotei can snatch a Doubles win too to force S1 between Atobe and Yukimura.

Also an announcement of a new character for Rikkai in Yoshio Tamagawa: the next captain.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
New Updates with Key Visual

An update on Crunchyroll with some new information. Also a new visual that makes me suspect Hiyoshi and Kirihara will have a match, judging from their prominence. If Hiyoshi wins, then maybe Hyotei can snatch a Doubles win too to force S1 between Atobe and Yukimura.

Also an announcement of a new character for Rikkai in Yoshio Tamagawa: the next captain.
S3: Marui Vs Jiro ( Jiro wins)

No way Marui's Tightrope will work on Jiro

S2: Akaya Vs Hiyoshi ( Hiyoshi wins)

S1: Yukimura Vs Atobe

D2: Yagyuu/Niou Vs Doesnt Matter(Rikkai wins)
D1: Sanada/Yanagi Vs Doesnt Matter(Rikkai wins)

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
It's very similar to the twitter visual when it comes to character prominence. It makes sense to make them play each other but I wouldn't look too deeply into the other characters.

All my homies hate Tamagawa 😤

TFJ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
S3: Marui Vs Jiro ( Jiro wins)

No way Marui's Tightrope will work on Jiro

S2: Akaya Vs Hiyoshi ( Hiyoshi wins)

S1: Yukimura Vs Atobe

D2: Yagyuu/Niou Vs Doesnt Matter(Rikkai wins)
D1: Sanada/Yanagi Vs Doesnt Matter(Rikkai wins)
With introduction of a new captain, I cant imagine it plays out this way. Jiro wins in double, strange for Akaya to play singles and so him losing is cool but sucks because all he does now is lose. Hiyoshi should barely lose to Tamawhoever. Ahh that doesn't work.

Should be 1s 1double win for both teams. Leading to singles 1. Or maybe after singles1 Atobe just challenges Yukimura anyways, and Yuki agrees because he is lighthearted now

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
As for dream match ups:

S3: Marui vs Jirou with Jirou finally one upping him in singles
D2: Kirihara/Yanagi vs Hiyoshi/Yuushi with Rikkai barely winning.
S2: Sanada vs Kabaji, the former wins agaisnt himself like Tezuka did.
D1: Yagyuu/Niou vs Shishido/Ootori, the latter win because of endless possibilities of doubles 👀
S1: Atobe vs Yukimura
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jackal and Gakuto cry in the forgotten corner.

TFJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
As for dream match ups:

S3: Marui vs Jirou with Jirou finally one upping him in singles
D2: Kirihara/Yanagi vs Hiyoshi/Yuushi with Rikkai barely winning.
S2: Sanada vs Kabaji, the former wins agaisnt himself like Tezuka did.
D1: Yagyuu/Niou vs Shishido/Ootori, the latter win because of endless possibilities of doubles 👀
S1: Atobe vs Yukimura

Jackal and Gakuto cry in the forgotten corner.
Take out Niou or Yagyuu for Rikkai's new player. Why would they introduce him to not use him.

Niou vs Kabaji match lol.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Take out Niou or Yagyuu for Rikkai's new player. Why would they introduce him to not use him.

Niou vs Kabaji match lol.
I think it will be just a cameo saying he will be the next captain. Maybe we get the captain side stories animated, at least thse two, they are short anyway.

Niou making Kabaji a super monster would be quite something

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Just want for all the games to be played. Regardless of the scores.

Just like in earlier POT where Seigaku 5-0 their weak opponents

Atobe Keigo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
The first half of the movie has been announced for the 13th February 2021

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The first half of the movie has been announced for the 13th February 2021
Please provide sources when referencing announcements or similar.

TFJ

Reaction score
Country
United States

This is what I saw on the official website

The first trailer has been released.

It's unfortunate to not see crowd during this game...
Perfect, so the crowd can mysteriously show up during Atobes turn.

Hmm, it seems like the Hyotei doubles aren't new. So Kabaji might be vs Sanada??

Bo sign of the new Rikkai captain, weird that he is even introduced then.

Atobe Keigo

Reaction score
Country
France
Someone knows if a fan team will do the job for subtitles?

New movie trailer

TFJ

Reaction score
Country
United States

Atobe Keigo

Reaction score
Country
France
First part of the movie came out. Still no information on subtitling?

The 2nd one should come the 17th April.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I mean, they are passion projects and take plenty of time and effort. It will probably be done by fans for fans rather than an established group.

You can always do it yourself and be the change you want to see in the world and all that 👀

Waterlinkedgirl

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
First part of the movie came out on streaming service U-NEXT, which means the DVD release won't be there yet for at least several months (think of this as the theatrical release). I am planning to work on subtitles, though. Since tenipuri is not a tenth as big here as it is in Japan, please expect any and all subs for teni in this day and age to be passion projects, as Hardy already said! This will for sure be one, after all xD

TFJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
First part of the movie came out on streaming service U-NEXT, which means the DVD release won't be there yet for at least several months (think of this as the theatrical release). I am planning to work on subtitles, though. Since tenipuri is not a tenth as big here as it is in Japan, please expect any and all subs for teni in this day and age to be passion projects, as Hardy already said! This will for sure be one, after all xD
Have you already seen it?

Ice Falcon

Reaction score
Country
United States
A little late to the party. Count me in with everyone else: there's no way Hyotei's winning this. Even with a bunch of new techniques, Atobe isn't beating Yukimura. Nothing against Atobe, he's a top level player and it ought to be good match, but Yukimura is just going to be too much for him. I don't see either guy getting Pinnacle of Perfection or any other special auras, so that should make it interesting. Kabaji can copy all of Sanada's shots and give him a run for his money, but I don't see him winning. I might can see Hiyoshi, Oshitori, or Jirou (can't remember how good Jirou is, but I imagine he's around Hyoshi's level by now and sorry if I spell some of these names wrong) beating Yagyu. I can see Shishido and Ootori defeating Marui and Jackal. So, yeah that's at least two wins for Hyotei. That would leave Kirihara, Niou, Renji, and the new captain if he plays and outside of Atobe, no one on Hyotei is beating any of them. So, yeah....Rikkai Dai wins.

Waterlinkedgirl

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Have you already seen it?
Yes, I've seen it.

It's hilarious how the lineup is constructed to at least give Hyoutei a chance.
The lineup is;

Marui - Tamagawa vs Oshitari - Mukahi
Sanada - Yanagi vs Ootori - Kabaji
Yagyuu vs Shishido
(with Kirihara vs Hiyoshi and Yukimura vs Atobe likely played in part 2, coming out in April.)

Atobe gets a message from his father to hold some exhibition matches at the newly erected Shounan Arena. Noting that this is in Kanagawa, Atobe immediately gets an idea.
Meanwhile, Hiyoshi, Ootori, and Kabaji have mostly taken up the leading roles in Hyoutei, since the third years are almost retiring. Kabaji suggests playing against the 3rd years because of this, but before Hiyoshi can make plans for that Atobe barges in, saying he has set the perfect stage for just that.
Hyoutei's order is made by Hiyoshi and Atobe, and Rikkai also submits their order. Yagyuu reveals that since the Germany matches, Niou has went on a trip to break from his Illusion, and apparently he hasn't returned since. He is not present during Hyoutei vs Rikkai.

When the first match begins, immediately the question is asked why Jackal doesn't play instead of Tamagawa, since it's the retirement match of the 3rd years.
Jackal responds that it was his own suggestion, since this match is also about passing the baton to the 2nd years.

Marui and Tamagawa start off strong due to Tamagawa's mastery of lobs, but due to Oshitari and Mukahi's doubles play as well as Mukahi's jump height, his lobs are soon rendered ineffective. In the second game, he doesn't hit lobs when Marui would expect him to. In reaction, Marui activates Wonder Castle and doesn't let a single ball get to Tamagawa.
However, after a few games of this, Marui asks if Tamagawa isn't getting frustrated. Tennis is about hitting balls, after all. Tamagawa is worried, because his lob technique is still imperfect, that he'll drag Marui down, and Marui tells him to drag him down all he wants.
Tamagawa challenges Mukahi's jumping with his lobs, lobbing higher and higher. But, some of Tamagawa's high lobs go out. Marui tells him to not mind it.
Mukahi and Oshitari have a flashback to when they were first years, atop of Hyoutei's water tower on the school roof. Mukahi's asks him what he's doing there, Oshitari replies with that he likes high places. Mukahi finds him unsociable, but responds that it isn't bad at all, taking the top.
Due to Oshitari becoming a spring plank for Mukahi, Mukahi manages to hit the highest lob back. They win the match.

Sanada - Yanagi vs Ootori - Kabaji goes about as well as you'd expect. It takes about 3 games before Kabaji starts hitting Yanagi's kamaitaqchi and Sanada's fuurinkazan back. Shishido reveals that Ootori's strength lies in controlling the flow of the doubles match.
However, Yanagi tells Sanada about the data he's gathered. Sanada activates the Black Aura and uses it to shroud Yanagi's movements. Kabaji and Ootori are no match for the Black Dragon Strikes.
In response to Ootori's loss, Shishido says he'll show him 'what reckless is like.'

Shishido is shocked when he hears he is to play singles, but takes the opportunity fiercely. However, even though he is good at counters, he doesn't manage to return Yagyuu's Laser Beam. He takes points with his Rising Counter and Dash off Yagyuu's next Lasers, though. He's the one who can return Ootori's Scud Serve, after all. Inspired by Niou's performance in the Germany match, Yagyuu reveals that he, too has been improving himself. When he next hits the Laser, it bounces irregularly. However, this is not because of the court.
Yagyuu reveals his new technique, 'Reflection Laser.'
For the normal Laser, you can predict the trajectory, and with Shishido's Rising Counter return it. But when you control the angle of the bounce, even Shishido can't lay a hand on it. That one second where you don't know where it's going causes hesitation, which slows Shishido's reaction speed.
This continues for a few games.
Atobe asks Shishido if he's gonna let it end here. He asks if he's gonna let it end here, as a singles player. Are you really satisfied with just conquering doubles? After all, the one who'd pick up your balls is no longer here.
However, at 4-1, Ootori tells Shishido he shouldn't be misled. After all, by controlling the bounce angle of a shot as fast as the Laser Beam, there's no way Yagyuu can maintain that speed. Yes, it's a trick (peten, see also Niou's 'petenshi' nickname)
Now that Shishido knows that, he starts being able to hit the reflected Laser back. Since Shishido had assumed the Reflection Laser would keep being as fast as the original Laser, he had hesitated, but that's no longer the case.
Shishido comments how he's been picked up by Ootori, and asks Yagyuu if his doubles partner had gone on a trip. Shishido tells him (while looking at Ootori) that even if his doubles partner is no longer there, he'll still be there in his heart.
Yagyuu scores a point off Shishido with his Laser, and challenges him to a Laser vs Rising Counter battle. However, Shishido returns the next, and Hyoutei keeps winning games. Yagyuu responds to this by alternating his Laser with Reflection Lasers. Although Shishido is played around by the two Lasers like a toy, he's still hanging on. Shishido wins by returning the Laser I *think* before it's bounced.

Last edited: