Anime - Game of Future: Hyoutei vs Rikkai | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Game of Future: Hyoutei vs Rikkai

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If Atobe Beats Yukimura.

I will really really feel bad for yukimura. 3 straight Official On Screen Singles Lost

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
If Atobe Beats Yukimura.

I will really really feel bad for yukimura. 3 straight Official On Screen Singles Lost
Why aren't Fuwa and Sanada official, but this friendly shit with no consequences is?

I reckon Rikkai wins both of these anyway.

TFJ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hahahaha Yukimura taking the piss and doing an Atobe, not sure how in character that is but it's pretty funny.

What Aura did they even give Kirihara, TnK? Not sure how the NPoT anime depicts it.
"Kijin" background aura spirit. Like how Ryoma always showed a Samurai when he played, but now it is an actual power.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Now, I realized I am expecting a draw here.

There are no protagonist in this movie. Both teams are protagonist.

Konomi would probably make it look like Hyotei is in the level of Rikkai.

I guess Yukimura will beat Atobe

While Akaya Vs Hiroshi will be a drawn game

Atobe Keigo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
The opposite would make more sense to me.

Kirihara win vs Hiyoshi (based on his new power up and wold cup experience)
Yukimura vs Atobe (a draw could be an "easy & safety" choice)

SleepyStar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was hoping Jirou would participate in the match, but, nope. So disappointed.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Maybe while Niou travelled the world to find himself and break his illusion, Jirou tagged along to find his screen time.

Animariano

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Jirou lost his purpose in the series when Marui appeared.

TFJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe while Niou travelled the world to find himself and break his illusion, Jirou tagged along to find his screen time.
Jirou: Wait, you guys are getting PoP?

Jirou: WAIT! You guys are getting screen time‽

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The moment when you realize Hyoutei is currently leading 2-1 and could have easily won if Atobe were to play against Kirihara to end it all there.

Since there's no way Yukimura and Atobe wouldn't play, I highly doubt Hiyoshi will win.

Kinda sucks that they need to remove the national former #1 pair prior to Golden Pair to make Oshitari/Mukahi stand a chance but that's Rikkai for you.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The moment when you realize Hyoutei is currently leading 2-1 and could have easily won if Atobe were to play against Kirihara to end it all there.

Since there's no way Yukimura and Atobe wouldn't play, I highly doubt Hiyoshi will win.

Kinda sucks that they need to remove the national former #1 pair prior to Golden Pair to make Oshitari/Mukahi stand a chance but that's Rikkai for you.
It is designed to be a draw.

Movies like this often resulted to draw.

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just watched part 1 on funimation and it was pretty good. Certainly having Hyoutei as the underdogs needing to really dig deep every match.

The new Rikkai player is pretty laughable from a story perspective. They could have easily introduced him in the pre match training montage instead of during the match to make more sense.

They also do recognize that this is after the tournament as Yanagi mentions being inspired by Niou playing Germany and them being at the u-17 camp.

See how fast part 2 comes out, it did just release in Japan today as well.

Also as far as the subs I'm not sure if this is just a lack of my understanding of Japanese (because I only know some words after hearing them 1000x) but there were a few lines where it didn't seem to match up with the dialog, such as someone saying a name and it not appearing in the subs. And of course the unfortunate side effect of translating Sanada's black dragon more literally than a fansub might.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Friss, is the OVA still available to watch online?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Stupid Brazil has like 20 series only, rip. Maybe in the future.

Ice Falcon

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm ready to find out who wins! I think part of the reason why the author is doing this OVA is because he's trying to answer a lot of FAQs before he ends the series. That's why we're getting this exhibition match between Yukimura and Atobe. Let's go, Yukimura!!

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
...I think it's mostly a cashgrab hahaha. Fair play to him and his bank account for giving us fanservice, but yeah.

Ice Falcon

Reaction score
Country
United States
...I think it's mostly a cashgrab hahaha. Fair play to him and his bank account for giving us fanservice, but yeah.
lol! Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm still kind of surprised Jirou got left out. I can understand not wanting to use Niou, but I thought they were going to have Jirou play for sure. He seems like someone people want to see more of. I guess Fuji defeated him into retirement.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
lol! Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm still kind of surprised Jirou got left out. I can understand not wanting to use Niou, but I thought they were going to have Jirou play for sure. He seems like someone people want to see more of. I guess Fuji defeated him into retirement.
Well, the game is about the second years and atobe, so there you have 3 matches. Then you have Yuushi and Shishido that are much more popular than Jirou so they got their matches too.

On Rikkai the one guy to give away his spot is the least popular one, what a coincidence '-'

Would had loved a Jirou-Marui rematch for example but it wasn't meant to be.

Friss

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay so part 2 dropped today I'll put my comments in a spoiler tag but I will say that it was different than we expected. This is mostly based on memory so I'll come back with some updates watching through it again.

Singles 2 is actually Atobe vs Yukimura

Yukimura pulls a Ryoma and preempts Atobe's snap to end the Hyoutei chant and calls himself the winner. The catches Atobe off guard and ultimately yips him.

Yukimura goes up 30-0 with service aces as Atobe is yipped. Atobe starts to fight back but Yukimura comments that Atobe can't win playing like this and goes up 40-0. Atobe then comes to a realization he can't lose to a technique others have beaten and comes out of it with a Rondo towards destruction scoring a point.

Yukimura ultimately wins and we continue back and forth between the two with both winning their service games.

Over the course of this we see Rondo towards destruction, Fugue towards destruction and world of ice from Atobe. World of Ice reveals a small blind spot in Yukimura's backhand causing him to hit the ball out. Yukimura ultimately overcomes this with mirror mirage. Atobe's insight is heightened since he had all of his senses taken earlier.

Yukimura goes up 6-5 and Atobe hits Tannhauser service ace, on the second shot Yukimura returns it saying its the same principle as Tezuka's zero shiki. Now with no blind spots to hit to, Atobe uses Ice Emperor to create blind spots and push the issue. This ultimately results in a Rondo + Tannhauser which creates the image of a 2 balls and causes Yukimura to hesitate. Atobe's game.

Enter tie break

At 155-155 Atobe attempts Atobe Kingdom for the first time. Yukimura is prepared and was waiting for it and cuts own senses. While playing by only his muscle memory he creates a multitude of blind spots and basically overwhelms Atobe with the burden of choice and slows him down. Atobe acknowledges he doesn't know the pain of not being able to play tennis and that gives Yukimura a strength he can't have. This results in Atobe evolving and saying a kingdom is too puny and goes for Atobe Dimension (enter galaxy brain visuals).

Yukimura recognizes Atobe's grit and determination he noticed while playing alongside him at the Camp and sees him as a true opponent. Atobe attempts Atobe dimension one more time on a drop shot but it doesn't make it across the net and he loses 345 - 343.

Singles 1 Hiyoshi vs Kirihara

Hiyoshi surprises Kirihara out of the gate with his Enbu tennis but Kirihara adapts and starts catching Hiyoshi's shots to level up the score. Hiyoshi steps it up another level and takes the first game. On Kirihara's serve Hiyoshi hits a Rondo towards destruction surprising everyone. Annoyed Kirihara uses his knuckle serve but Hiyoshi's martial arts training has him ready to hit it back. Thinking its a fluke Kirihara tries again only to have his knukle serve bounce come back at him due to Hiyoshi not changing the spin at all. Up 0-40 Hiyoshi hits attempts another Rondo but Kirihara is able to grab his racket back but Hiyoshi actually hits the Fugue instead going up 2-0.

Mad about his own strengths being used against him Kirihara goes devil eyes but is actually in sane devil mode/angel mode (white aura). And easily has the edge on Hiyoshi and goes up 4-2.

Hiyoshi starts to think he will lose and Atobe snaps him out of it and reminds him what he is trying to do and reinvigorates him. So he unveils his Four Gods Enbu, Byakko (White tiger). This shot allows him to put a lot of force behind a shot and its like "being hit by a tiger" (nice tiger visual as well). The score goes 5-4 Kirihara and Sanada comments that Kirihara needs to defeat that move to win and Kirihara finally figures out a solution - hitting the ball before it gets to its strongest. Hiyoshi is very tired and doesn't hit his Four Gods Enbu. Kirihara asks for him to hit it again but only for Hiyoshi to attempt Four Gods Enbu, Suzaku (Phoenix) but falls to his knees too tired to continue. Kirihara wins 6-4.

It ends with super fan service of them at some resort and hot springs spa. Niou makes an appearance in the after credit scene.