Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

LYEL

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So... The movie didn't show that Merlin used Power amp in Mel and Zel but the Novel did... She was really desperate to see the gods dead and make Arthur the only king in Britannia. The fact that Arthur devoured Cath but still has no arm means that Chaos is the only power that nullifies chaos or maybe Cath was not really devoured or absorbed and is using his powers to avoid that in other words: Chaos cannot entirely absorb chaos. Cath could devour Arthur's arm but not absorb it that's why he can't make a new arm grow and Arthur devoured Cath but can't absorb him that's why Cath is probably alive inside Arthur and with time might have some influence over Arthurs will... This could explain at some extent why Arthur became more evil.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So... The movie didn't show that Merlin used Power amp in Mel and Zel but the Novel did... She was really desperate to see the gods dead and make Arthur the only king in Britannia. The fact that Arthur devoured Cath but still has no arm means that Chaos is the only power that nullifies chaos or maybe Cath was not really devoured or absorbed and is using his powers to avoid that in other words: Chaos cannot entirely absorb chaos. Cath could devour Arthur's arm but not absorb it that's why he can't make a new arm grow and Arthur devoured Cath but can't absorb him that's why Cath is probably alive inside Arthur and with time might have some influence over Arthurs will... This could explain at some extent why Arthur became more evil.
Arthur probably doesn't want to create a new arm for some reason. Like Adult Sasuke in Naruto, or Merlin who doesn't want to heal her scars.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
So this movie is basically Nakaba giving his demon bros one last hand job. Sounds like the SD sucks even more than the DK.
The SD couldn't even win one single Holy War even with the combine might of three other clans. Tells you all you need to know.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
All I have to say is I’m glad Mel and zel are my favorite characters cause I win in that regard

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Uh, I don't remember Zel using ON against the SD in the novel. He used Ominous Bind though.
Also, the brothers used two combos (Dark Execution and Tyrant Killing) against her.
I'll add that Zel used ON specifically against Dubs while Mel fights Dahlia because Lostvayne is made by Dubs and therefore ineffective against him.
Dubs was sucked towards Zel and had to call Flying Saucer to protect him from the Demon's slashes. The shield shattered anyway from wear and tear.

Anyway, here's a new storyboard pic:

Text:
Y... you're the traitor Meliodas...!!

Oooh...
SFX: Cling
Lord Zeldris!!
im not wondering if that
flying saucer thing you mentioned
wasnt this in the movie. the image with zeldris

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
All I have to say is I’m glad Mel and zel are my favorite characters cause I win in that regard
:lmao I don't think the majority is mad because of the lack of fanservice. The Sins fighting the SD and doing this well is already more than enough to satisfy most anyway.

From all these summaries, the developments in the movie don't surprise me at all. I expected a bit more about Escanor though, some emotional flashback or something since it's supposed to be the finale of NNT. I am not the biggest Escanor fan but it kinda stings. Mael just running away is also a bit disappointing.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
:lmao I don't think the majority is mad because of the lack of fanservice. The Sins fighting the SD and doing this well is already more than enough to satisfy most anyway.

From all these summaries, the developments in the movie don't surprise me at all. I expected a bit more about Escanor though, some emotional flashback or something since it's supposed to be the finale of NNT. I am not the biggest Escanor fan but it kinda stings. Mael just running away is also a bit disappointing.
i do know that esca was shown in flashbacks at least according to the review so hes there how emotional it is idk

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
im not wondering if that
flying saucer thing you mentioned
wasnt this in the movie. the image with zeldris
I do see the bits around him but I wonder if that's Dubs's shield or not.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do see the bits around him but I wonder if that's Dubs's shield or not.
i think it is based off what you said it matches up but idk lol

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Now since the movie confirmed that Zeldris will be the DK, I'm 100% sure that Mael is gonna be the next SD. What a fantastic achievement for the "best boys"!!
Man that would be really great for my Boy, but honestly he's very lacking in power for being in that position, zel somehow became sins tier in power by the end of the movie and all
Not to mention Mael fights the Goddess clan and SD for protecting humans so I don't think the GC would want Mael in their numbers anymore.
From what it seems like Humans have more likely acknowledged and accepted Mael and from preview pics Mael is gonna be the next master of the new sun grave user so I don't see how he's gonna be the next SD 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

BurlapJack

Reaction score
Country
United States

Just as FKS said few posts ago here, King is kinda nerfed again against the Supreme Deity because we find out The Sacred Tree's pure magic and her magic are compatible according to her, so he can't do too much to her, maybe just protecting everyone all the time with Pollen Garden.
sigh :notrust [/SPOILER]
Honestly, good
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This is why I’m very glad that Mel and zel are my fav characters cause I don’t have anything to worry about. Which is a blessing. And I’m happy he’s fleshing out their brotherly relationship in the movie because that’s something I’ve wanted the whole manga. Based on what I know about the movie from what Japanese fans have said Zeldris also gets a lot of character development which again is something I’ve wanted for a while so I’m happy I’m getting that now honestly. Now as for the other characters I like and them getting nerfed and cucked? I’m not surprised but at least they do things instead of just not doing anything I can be happy about that. Still sucks they getting cucked but what can ya do. I’m still really excited for the movie so that hasn’t changed.
Me too, sucks dick to be a fan of another character, I used to be non mel fanboy but I switched ship EARLY from ban to zeldris. Oh shit am I glad I am not eating shit like other fanboys up in here

MELIOGANG FOR LIFE (early mel is the best and most interesting)

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly, good
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Me too, sucks dick to be a fan of another character, I used to be non mel fanboy but I switched ship EARLY from ban to zeldris. Oh shit am I glad I am not eating shit like other fanboys up in here

MELIOGANG FOR LIFE (early mel is the best and most interesting)
pretty much yeah LOL
--- Double Post Merged, ---

some new movie images

Uh, I don't remember Zel using ON against the SD in the novel. He used Ominous Bind though.
Also, the brothers used two combos (Dark Execution and Tyrant Killing) against her.
I'll add that Zel used ON specifically against Dubs while Mel fights Dahlia because Lostvayne is made by Dubs and therefore ineffective against him.
Dubs was sucked towards Zel and had to call Flying Saucer to protect him from the Demon's slashes. The shield shattered anyway from wear and tear.

Anyway, here's a new storyboard pic:

Text:
Y... you're the traitor Meliodas...!!

Oooh...
SFX: Cling
Lord Zeldris!!
I asked my friend about this who saw the movie and she said he used OB in the movie too so that’s cool

[Released today] Newtype August issue "Theatrical version"#七つの大罪 Featured article on "The Cursed by Light"

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Almost forgot to say this. I’ve seen a lot of people complain about Mael not fighting but this is technically who he always was. The Mael who demons feared is really just a persona made to appease his brother. Mael never liked fighting. As a child he literally could not harm a fly.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Almost forgot to say this. I’ve seen a lot of people complain about Mael not fighting but this is technically who he always was. The Mael who demons feared is really just a persona made to appease his brother. Mael never liked fighting. As a child he literally could not harm a fly.
Movie spoilers say he fights SD and GC