Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 32 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Elizabeth: Super healing magic.
Gelda: Unknown.

Ah, while I'm at it, Dahlia's magic is obviously Disaster, Dubs's is Forge and SD's is God (with different underlying kanji). And their ages remain unknown.

Redworld96

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
lol super healing magic
Nakaba is so lazy that not only he gave the opposite of DK's magic to SD but also didn't care to give it a nice/proper name and the same name God
Q14: (Pink Ball-san) Of the sins, which one are you committing?
A: Let's see... "Sloth" probably.
I mean... he even warned about it

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That's what I always suspected but it's nice to see such a confirmation. Elizabeth's Magic is extreme healing... :neutral
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah, while I'm at it, Dahlia's magic is obviously Disaster, Dubs's is Forge and SD's is God (with different underlying kanji). And their ages remain unknown.
Wait so Dubs can't use Creation?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nakaba definitely went all in for the magic names in this movie.
  • Dreyfus - Break
  • Talisker - Calamity
  • Derieri - Combo Star
  • Giant Clan - Creation
  • Goddess Clan - Ark
  • OG Demon - Crisis
  • Galand - Critical Over
  • King/Dahlia/Gloxinia - Disaster
  • Meliodas - Full Counter
  • Demon King - God/The Ruler
  • Zeldris - Ominous Nebula
  • Merlin - Infinity
  • Gowther - Invasion
  • Denzel - Judgement
  • Elizabeth - Super Healing Magic
  • Gelda - Unknown
  • Supreme Deity - Also God, but kanji being slightly different.

Definitely his most original magic names by far, without a shadow of a doubt.

I imagine Nakaba and his editor being like:

Gon obviously being sloth Nakaba and Killua the editor in his thoughts.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
So Elizabeth's original magical power is just super healing..?

Nakaba really just doesn't care anymore does he, lol. This is the Supreme Deity's daughter, a former warrior who used to murder countless demons before she fell in love with Meliodas (and even fought him) and the main female character of the show and she just gets.. a bit stronger healing?

Talk about the most underused and underdeveloped character lol

Last edited:

MrSchmitty7

Reaction score
Country
United States
So Elizabeth's original magical power is just super healing..?

Nakaba really just doesn't care anymore does he, lol. This is the Supreme Deity's daughter, a former warrior who used to murder countless demons before she fell in love with Meliodas (and even fought him) and the main female character of the show and she just gets.. a bit stronger healing?

Talk about the most underused and underdeveloped character lol
I mean on the bright side at least she kept a magic, Meliodas lost his 🤷‍♂️

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland

Elizabeth's super healing magic is a total joke. It's kind of weird that she even has a personal magic power in the first place since it seemed like the goddesses only had Ark + sometimes a Grace which had been granted to them by the SD.
Gelda's magic being unknown(which means that Nakaba didn't want to reveal it just yet) is interesting since it could mean that she's going to be relevant in the sequel at some point. Either that or her kid is going to have a similar power and Nakaba wants it to be a surprise.
Dubs is the only giant seen so far who has a personal magic power rather than just Creation, although you could make a case for Drole's Ground being its own thing even though it's basically the same power. I wonder if this could have something to do with how Dubs is apparently very small for a giant, something like his development stopping before he became a full blown giant so he instead awekened a different power.

Nakaba is so lazy that not only he gave the opposite of DK's magic to SD but also didn't care to give it a nice/proper name and the same name God
I don't think that's the result of laziness. The SD and the DK are the gods of light and dark respectively, so it's fitting that their powers are basically equal but opposite, kind of like 1 and -1. This also extends to their clans as a whole to some extent:

The demons are mostly physical fighters while the goddesses are mostly magical fighters.
The demons die if their hearts are destroyed while the goddesses can survive as spirits even if their bodies no longer exist.
Mel and Chandler's version of Full Counter affects magical attacks while Estarossa/Mael's version of Full Counter affects melee attacks.

I kinda wish Nakaba would have extended this theme to Mel and Elizabeth as well. If Mel's power is to destroy anything, then Elizabeth's power could have been to heal anything. I guess it could still be something like that but so far it just looks like normal healing that just happens to be very powerful.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Goddesses do have Magic. Jenna and her sister are confirmed to have one and there is the SD herself.

As disappointing as it might be it's consistent with what has been shown. But Goddess Healing is OP by itself so it's kinda lame. What makes Elizabeth's Magic more potent has never been explained in the story. As I said years ago, she is pretty much a White Mage.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
This super healing magic is pretty lame, but the saving grace could be what was left unexplained by Nakaba.

Remember how Elizabeth broke Zeldris curse on Merlin that was placed with the Demon King's power? Or how she broke a curse of silence on Diane that was placed with Monspiet's commandment by 4C-Mael? These curses are said to be absolute and only breakable by the Supreme Deity, so I've always wondered how Elizabeth broke two of the Demon King's curses with her own strength. Because it's quite impressive for her to do this when they're said to be absolute and Elizabeth is in a nerfed form.

Perhaps this ''super healing magic'' is kind of hax? Maybe she's able to heal any ailment, curse, weakening effect or anything disadvantageous to someone? She did use a spell to reject demon miasma, which seems to be corrosive and kills anyone that isn't a demon..

I'm probably overthinking it and it's nothing this hax or interesting.

I mean on the bright side at least she kept a magic, Meliodas lost his 🤷‍♂️
What did Elizabeth even do with this ''super healing magic'' anyway? Heal some fodder soldiers during the war? Unless it's what I'm thinking above, its honest shit lol.

Elizabeth's super healing magic is a total joke. It's kind of weird that she even has a personal magic power in the first place since it seemed like the goddesses only had Ark + sometimes a Grace which had been granted to them by the SD.
Gelda's magic being unknown(which means that Nakaba didn't want to reveal it just yet) is interesting since it could mean that she's going to be relevant in the sequel at some point. Either that or her kid is going to have a similar power and Nakaba wants it to be a surprise.
Dubs is the only giant seen so far who has a personal magic power rather than just Creation, although you could make a case for Drole's Ground being its own thing even though it's basically the same power. I wonder if this could have something to do with how Dubs is apparently very small for a giant, something like his development stopping before he became a full blown giant so he instead awekened a different power.
Well Elizabeth should be the exception since she is the SD's daughter and should inherent some unique/special power. In fact, she's already shown to have unique powers with her light wings and animal ark that the archangels do not have, but it hasn't been explored or defined.

I don't think that's the result of laziness. The SD and the DK are the gods of light and dark respectively, so it's fitting that their powers are basically equal but opposite, kind of like 1 and -1. This also extends to their clans as a whole to some extent:

The demons are mostly physical fighters while the goddesses are mostly magical fighters.
The demons die if their hearts are destroyed while the goddesses can survive as spirits even if their bodies no longer exist.
Mel and Chandler's version of Full Counter affects magical attacks while Estarossa/Mael's version of Full Counter affects melee attacks.

I kinda wish Nakaba would have extended this theme to Mel and Elizabeth as well. If Mel's power is to destroy anything, then Elizabeth's power could have been to heal anything. I guess it could still be something like that but so far it just looks like normal healing that just happens to be very powerful.
It would be interesting. Perhaps, with my ideas above, Elizabeth's magic could be capable of restoring anything to its original state, even through powerful curses and ailment, whereas Meliodas magic is capable of destroying anything even if its behind a form of protection or resistance.

Elizabeth's magic would basically be Orihime's healing from Bleach, which I could accept with how hax it is. But if it's just.. generic healing that's slightly stronger, bruh..

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This super healing magic is pretty lame, but the saving grace could be what was left unexplained by Nakaba.

Remember how Elizabeth broke Zeldris curse on Merlin that was placed with the Demon King's power? Or how she broke a curse of silence on Diane that was placed with Monspiet's commandment by 4C-Mael? These curses are said to be absolute and only breakable by the Supreme Deity, so I've always wondered how Elizabeth broke two of the Demon King's curses with her own strength. Because it's quite impressive for her to do this when they're said to be absolute and Elizabeth is in a nerfed form.

Perhaps this ''super healing magic'' is kind of hax? Maybe she's able to heal any ailment, curse, weakening effect or anything disadvantageous to someone? She did use a spell to reject demon miasma, which seems to be corrosive and kills anyone that isn't a demon..

What did Elizabeth even do with this ''super healing magic'' anyway? Heal some fodder soldiers during the war? Unless it's what I'm thinking above, its honest shit lol.

Well Elizabeth should be the exception since she is the SD's daughter and should inherent some unique/special power. In fact, she's already shown to have unique powers with her light wings and animal ark that the archangels do not have, but it hasn't been explored or defined.

It would be interesting. Perhaps, with my ideas above, Elizabeth's magic could be capable of restoring anything to its original state, even through powerful curses and ailment, whereas Meliodas magic is capable of destroying anything even if its behind a form of protection or resistance.

Elizabeth's magic would basically be Orihime's healing from Bleach, which I could accept with how hax it is. But if it's just.. generic healing that's slightly stronger, bruh..
It's fine bro. Just let it go. I'm sure everything will be fine as long as you have the courage to do it. I'm aware this is really hard to do, but life continues.

Bebo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
They lucky their promo is better for this movie and the fact that it's cannon. Other than that it would have failed like the first one (that one also sucked).

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

:feelsbadman

Otaku please, let it go... It's just healing..

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Man, Elizabeth fans have it rough.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
So overall how much money did the movie earn in Japan by now?

The Prince of Darkness

Reaction score
Country
France
What's wrong with "Super healing" ? I mean... it's just her [innate] magic it has nothing to do with her skills or title as "Warrior". And honestly, her magic is just a cheat code against Demons. She can to purge induras with her [Super Healing :"Let there be light"] and the process showed us that she can erase "Darkness" itself so unless your name is Meliodas, Zeldoris or Demon King, with almost infinite Darkness, well... you're pretty f**ked!
And her [Ark] powers top tier if not the strongest, praised even by the 4AA

Also that magic could also be like Meliodas' [Full Counter], a made up magic to seal her real one

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
What's wrong with "Super healing" ? I mean... it's just her [innate] magic it has nothing to do with her skills or title as "Warrior". And honestly, her magic is just a cheat code against Demons. She can to purge induras with her [Super Healing :"Let there be light"] and the process showed us that she can erase "Darkness" itself so unless your name is Meliodas, Zeldoris or Demon King, with almost infinite Darkness, well... you're pretty f**ked!

Also that magic could also be like Meliodas' [Full Counter], a made up magic to seal her real one
1) It's generic, lame, and doesn't give her anything that makes her stand out when her entire race can heal.

2) Full Counter actually fit with Meliodas status as the Dragon's Sin of Wrath. So, that idea that Nakaba did with his "true ability" served as nothing more than a reckon and negative character development for Meliodas.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

It's lame because she is a Goddess. Goddess Healing is already hax and the specificities of Elizabeth's Super Healing have never been mentioned. It's almost like a Demon who can us Hellblaze with Blaze as Magic(Blaze isn't superior but you get the idea). Elizabeth's Super Healing is great, but what makes it greater? We don't know.

There is no reason to have a mystery behind Elizabeth's Magic at this point. NNT is over, even if she appears in MnY she won't be as relevant as she was in the manga where she was the main heroine. And we all know the Sins are going to be more relevant than her too.