Shounen - Mr. Fullswing by Suzuki Shinya | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Mr. Fullswing by Suzuki Shinya

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
figured i make this a discussion thread in stead of a release thread

Summary (From ANN):Saruno Amakuni is 15 years old and not the brightest star in the universe, all the girls respond to his advances in the same negative way. Being fed up with seeing all the girls fall in love with high school athletes, he decides to join a sports-club himself. Despite getting all sweaty...

Ignition-one's releases
Volume 1: Megaupload
Volume 2: Rapidshare
Knockout Edited Mangas
Volume 3 - cover
Chapter 18v2: Rapidshare Megaupload
Chapter 19: Rapidshare Megaupload
Chapter 20v2: Rapidshare Megaupload
Chapter 21: Rapidshare Megaupload
Chapter 22: Rapidshare Sendspace BT link Please seed the torrent when you are done downloading !
Chapter 23:Sendspace Megaupload
Chapter 24: Megaupload Sendspace
Chapter 25: Sendspace
Chapter 26: Sendspace
Chapter 27: get it at #ko-scans on irc.irchighway.net for now (im too lazy to find the link)

Last edited by a moderator:

Saiga no Ueki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Re: [KO-SCANS]Mr. Fullswing release

Ooooh, thanks alot! And great job! :amuse

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Chapter 18: Rapidshare

Fixed your rapidshare link.

[edit] I read the chapter. Editing looks good, but there's a fair number of English mistakes. Get a proofreader who can do more besides putting the script through MSWord. A few sentences could be re-structured.

But besides that, good release.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Good release, nice to see Fullswing back. :)
Hope you guys keep it up!

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

GGpX said:
Chapter 18: Rapidshare

Fixed your rapidshare link.

[edit] I read the chapter. Editing looks good, but there's a fair number of English mistakes. Get a proofreader who can do more besides putting the script through MSWord. A few sentences could be re-structured.

But besides that, good release.
There are probably a fair number of mistakes because i had to fix the script as i went (because some of the translations were wierd and some of the english didnt make much sense.)and i wanted to get it out more than anything. I would welcome a proofreader if anyone would offer, of course.[br]Posted at: May 19, 2006, 04:09:56 PM_________________________________________________actually, ill post ads for some. There should be much easier to find than a translator or even an editor

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

well, great work you guys will scanlate mr. fullswing: it was about time...

keep on doing the great work...

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

i intend to. This had quickly become one of the funniest series that i have read. I mean when i was editing. I read about the movie that saruno wanted to make and how he became a director after the fight and i was like, "what? lol"

leecherboy

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain

So you've released Mr. Fullswing at last! God bless you! :amuse
Keep it up!

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

im going to have to release a version 2 of it for various reasons. I'll release it along with chapter 19. I cant keep up with the translations or the number of people joining the team. It is my dream come true[br]Posted at: May 20, 2006, 09:56:05 AM_________________________________________________new irc channel: irc.irchighway.net #ko-scans[br]Posted at: May 20, 2006, 06:32:22 PM_________________________________________________version 2 is out[br]Posted at: May 21, 2006, 10:16:59 AM_________________________________________________new release[br]Posted at: May 24, 2006, 02:49:32 PM_________________________________________________new chapter

Shikamaru86

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Are the earlier chapters on #lurk? I wanted to start reading it. People say it's very good^^

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

the earlier and new chapters are on lurk and so far it has been very good, if a little annoying to edit/typeset.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Still one or two hickups in spelling. But aside from that you're really doing an awesome job bringing Fullswing to the fans! Even going through the extra effort of notes to explain more about the manga, which is really necessary in this series.

Keep it up!
Oh and the 24th will be the last volume of this manga, just read it will be released in September.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

there were more hiccups before my proofreader got to them, lol. I am glad you enjoy our work (this is really a team effort). This series is full of stuff that doesn't make sense without explanations and i have to thank my fantastic translators for the notes.

It sucks that the series ended but i hope that they means that there will be an anime sometime soon

edit: im releasing a version two of this release, one big mistake and some smaller annoying ones are the reason why[br]Posted at: May 28, 2006, 06:51:24 PM_________________________________________________there we go, now to change the torrent

karasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

I started reading full swing for no reason 2 days ago..and i was like..hey, where have i seen the name NeoShweaty before... haha... i didn't notice this thread before.. i'm downloading 20v2 to see what kind of error you had... i didn't notice any.. except for the ganguro part... ganguro is not just the hair style..but mostly the skin style..

yeap it was fixed...but what was the big mistake?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

you were reading fast then because there are some big ones that were entirely on my part and other ones that were the fault of my translator. I hate having to put out version2s but this is what it takes to give out good quality.

Yay, i got noticed. Maybe one day, all shall know my name...maybe not.

I hope you enjoy the series because i plan to finish this one out

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

Went ahead and moved this over to the new Mr. Fullswing area.

=D

someone2040

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

NeoShweaty said:
the earlier and new chapters are on lurk and so far it has been very good, if a little annoying to edit/typeset.
Haha, you don't know true pain in typesetting till you have to typeset Shonan Junai Gumi. I swear, it takes just as long to typeset it as it does to edit, vertical speech bubbles are the devil @.@

Anyway, I just read Mr Fullswing today (Since I got Jump Superstars, every now and then I'll go and download the mangas I haven't read from it, just so I know more about the characters). I gotta admit, it's really good. Although, it looked as if it was going to be a Slam Dunk rip-off at the start (You know, Guy hates Sports, OMG, Girl rejects him cause of a sports guy, falls for new girl who's interested in sports, the raw-diamond rookie guy) but it's still pretty amusing. Good job on editing the chapters, and I hope to see more of it from you guys (And Steel Ball Run :D)

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

i dont know about steel ball run for now. That is basically an ignition-one thing but ill help if i can. I too saw the comparisons to Slam Dunk and i dont think it is a had thing

karasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Mr. Fullswing discussion thread

huh...really...i didn't notice any big mistake at all..only one "!', one "gonna" and one "tatsu"... was the big one about that "tatsu?"
you guys are doing a good job anyway, i don't think it's a big mistake..

what's the final volume for this series?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Mr. Fullswing discussion thread

The tatsu thing didnt make sense because it was around the end of the day or lunch and japanese people dont greet eachother like that.

Thank you for your praise.

The last volume of the series will be 24 (the jump stuff came out. I need to find out when the last volume is coming out)

edit: (the 23 volume is coming out on friday actually. http://books.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/search/syousai_put.cgi?isbn_cd=4-08-874106-4&mode=1 I'd tell you who the person was on the left with the tattoos but it is a spoiler :P )