Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
New Reply

Thread: Tape, a Detective Noir about corruption and morality.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tape, a Detective Noir about corruption and morality.

I was never good with people, maybe that's why everyone at the station gets along, we're not good at making friends. I suppose if you asked me what was different 10 years ago; well, that would be my answer... "we made friends." Long since crime was around cops were the go-to guys, I remember hearing that in japan the diamyo would pay a lot of respect just to meet someone with a bad reputation; and that sometimes they would even adopt criminals so that they may become samurai. Some real sneaky shit; give the badguy the gun and tell him to keep the peace. Apparently that's what ninja were, some toughguy's who new a thing or two; whacked out political figures and extorted crime in the name of country. Now'adays we call those kind of people criminals, mafia, terrorists; that's not the case though, it never changed. Mayors, Governers, Cops; hell im sure the president even has a few favors. Thats the kind of world we live in, a world that judges your character by the depth of your corruption. Cops, we dont make friends.... Everyones a suspect....

`Know your enemy, know his sword.~
    -Miyamoto Musashi

Im on the third chapter of my book, and I cant get the thought of doing a manga out of my head. I have been working on this for a while now and everytime I try my hand at drawing a detective in a deeply enriched city, I fail; miserably. Hopefully someday I will find an artist, for now im just spreading the introduction material to get some rep+

Hai guys, good to be apart of your forum, hopefully my project keeps me engaged enough to spam your forum with love ;3

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tape, a Detective Noir about corruption and morality.

It's always musky in the office, like someone has been smokin in there for weeks; that stale feeling gives me nostalgia every time. I try and cherish thoughts like this, keeps me sane. Mostly everyone who works desk spaces out easily, you cant help it; working this hard for 40 thousand a year really kicks your ass. I didnt go home last night, something on this file we pulled was buggin me. Instead I just fell asleep in my car, this kind of thing aint uncommon.

I wakeup to a tap on my window, I see a glare shining through the glass...

Walker:

Stares...

Main:

"grumbling.."

Walker:

"I brought baby wipes, I woulda brought diapers but my wife woulda killed me"

Main:

"yeah, yeah. I get it, thanks."

Baby wipes are a good alternative to showers...

Walker's sure in a good mood today.
    I wipe my face. and pause..

"Whats got you in such a good mood?"

Walker:

"Nothin, I just got this feeling today is gonna turn out alright, ok."

Main:

"Whatever you say."
    I should have bet money on it, cant count the amount of times hes been wrong. Ironic, hes a good detective but god damn I will never trust that man's instinct.

I take a sip of my dried coffee from the day before... I turn white, realizing what I had just done.

Walker:

"We going inside?"

Main:

"lemme cleanup, ill see you in a minute."

I take a few baby wipes clean off my tie, brush off some crumbs; sheesh im a fucking mess, I need a hobby. I step out of the car, grab my hat check my watch taking my time as I head in. It's about 6'oclock work starts in 30 minutes, the boss always likes it when we show up early; he doesn't know we show up early because we cant stand staying home, most of us anyways are just adrenaline junkies and megalomaniac careerists. Whatever makes the man happy. The only thing that drives us forward is a new case. I wish I had the nerve to call it focus.

Main:

I hand walker some coffee and shoot him a look. Make sure he knows not to tell anyone where I slept last night; can't be a problem, things are tight here I shouldn't have to tell him.

Cheif:

(conference/politics)

Walker:

"So what do you wanna do about this hotel case?"

Main:

The grin on the guys face is toxic, hard not to smile when he brings shit up like this.

"What case?" I suggest.

Walker:

"The case with the guy who got killed by the other guy?"

Main:

Nothing bugs a cop more than half a story...
    "..our guy?"

End Scene-

New Reply