Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/9/15 - 3/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CopyNinjaKakashi's Review of Naruto 358

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CopyNinjaKakashi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

CopyNinjaKakashi's Review of Naruto 358

This review was anything but a pain, Sasuke!

Here goes review #3 for me. The usual thanks to Kylara for finding the RAW, Nihongaeri for the translation, and Kokotas and Cez for the scanlation that these images are pulled from. So here we go.

1. How to Make Bombs

I was glad my prediction of how the dragon made clay bombs was fairly accurate. It absorbs pieces of its tail to make the landmines and other explosives. That ultimately would put a limit on the amount of bombs Deidara could possibly make. Just after this Deidara uses an explosion to distract and attack Sasuke, which Gives Tobi aq chance to go below ground and set up the landmines.

2. The Great Debate!

You have to give Deidara credit. He is passionate about his art. I found it amusing that pop and superflat could be terms to describe the possible effects of a bomb, and also different art movements in reality as well.

3. Memories are a Funny Thing

Okay, this part bothered me a little bit. Deidara says he remembers that Kakashi used a similar jutsu. The only problem is that Kakashi never used Raikiri in his encounter with Deidara during the Rescue Gaara arc (if my memory serves me correctly). Maybe this just means that he knows it because it was in his home country's bingo book or whatever, or he just discussed the matter with other Akatsuki members. The thing about it though, is the way Deidara says it:"I remember Kakashi using that!" seems to imply that Deidara was there in person to see Raikiri. Regardless, he gives credit to Sasuke for being original. Sasuke is an artist of sorts, and Deidara gives him his due credit. It's probably nothing major, but I was annoyed by way Deidara said that. I'm sure there is a better way to state that if he learned it from a bingo book or Akatsuki member.

4. Sword-hopping

So Sasuke used CS2 and blocked a bomb with his wing, which resulted in its destruction. It will be interesting to see the ramifications of this on his normal body, if any. Has he permanently lost the wing? I highly doubt it. It will probably just be there the next time he goes CS2. Losing an appendage like that should hurt though, and we get little reaction from Sasuke, so I don't know if he is hurting, or didn't even feel it. Anyways, Sasuke is creative again in getting enough height to cut down Deidara. I was surprised Deidara was so low, but obviously he didn't have time to react to that sudden attack by Sasuke. Sasuke is showing he does indeed have "mad skills", even though most of us aren't too thrilled with his amazing power, while Naruto struggles, but I have a feeling we haven't seen the best out of Naruto, not by a longshot.

5. The Big Bang!

So Sasuke pins Deidara to the off-balanced dragon with Shuriken and let's him sleep in the bed he made, so-to-speak. The dragon crashes down and ignites the landmines below. What is Deidara's fate? I don't think he is totally dead yet. Like others, I think Tobi had a hand in saving him from total destruction, but I fear Deidara's days among the living may be numbered. An explosion that large should draw attention from Konoha and Hebi.

Chapter Grade: A-

Another solid chapter. Only a couple things really irritated me (see 3.) I also would have liked to see more from Konoha or Hebi, but I have a feeling we will next chapter. I know taglines aren't always right, but "The End of An Artist" may tell us that Deidara is doomed, or Sai dies out of nowhere =p(kidding, we probably won't even see Sai for a few chapters). I am definitely looking forward to the next few chapters though.

Well I hope you enjoyed the review. I appreciate any comments.
    "I help those who help themselves."

-"Jesus" aka Zoidberg

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mendes's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CopyNinjaKakashi's Review of Naruto 358

It was a nice review, as always CopyNinjaKakashi. I hadnt noticed yet that detail about deidara telling sasuke he remembered kakashi doing it. I also dont remember kakashi even using lightning moves against deidara, but I may be wrong, tough. The way he said it almost implies he had actually seen it with his own eyes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saifi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that might be a difference in translation the one i have (blood shock i think) says "that was kakashis attack! ill give you credit..." which makes sense cause thats copy ninja kakashi's only origional move ! he must have heard of it , or read it (kaka is famous after all).

btw nice review , ill komment more later !
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic19882_4.gif

Ghosted 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member godofthesunn's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

hm.. not bad.. However I would have liked to get an explanation on sauske and the shuriken thing.. it just didn't add up in my book.. one instance deidra is talking and the next hes pinned to a bird...

NVM after revewing the chapter in more detail I figured it out...
    Last edited by godofthesunn; June 18, 2007 at 07:26 PM.
    How much heat can you take?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

liked your review, pretty much agree with you on everything.
    I actually did not pick up on the fact that deidara never actually saw kakashi use raikiri but then again, I too read the bloodshock scan...

while it would make sense for everybody to have noticed all those explosions I kind of hope (and feel) that there will be no reinforcements. I also don't believe that deidara is done for yet (though he might meet his end in the next chapter). anyway, after whatever conclusion this fight will see, Kishi has no options but to return to the squads from konoha, that is what i am waiting for.
    Go Hinata, Go Sakura, Go Shino,
    ...and there are also the others but they are of lesser importance to me
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mendes- Thanks! That's exactly what I thought too. The way Deidara says it implies that he has seen it, which we know he hasn't. He probably has heard of that attack since Kakashi is a well-known badass motherfucker (pardon my language =D). As others have commented here, it just might be a difference in translation.

Saifi- Thanks! Yeah I figured there might be a different translation that may sound better. Kakashi is kind of a big deal.

godofthesunn- I wasn't sure about the shurikens either. It looked like Sasuke threw them up in the air and then caught them when he jumped up and threw them back down. My friend said it may be the shuriken jutsu of Sasuke's where they are attached to a string. I would appreciate any insights you have to what exactly happened.

kiddo7- Thanks. I just don't see how Konoha or Hebi couldn't hear that explosion. I don't think Deidara is dead at the moment, he might have one last hurrah before Sasuke finishes him. Sasuke needs information on Itachi, so he may try and immobilize Deidara to get info, but will be hard with Tobi around. I think Sasuke would be done with Deidara and Tobi would flee by the time anyone else showed up. Yeah, I am excited to see what Konoha is up to. I really want to see how team 8 has improved(come on Dynamic Marking Version 2.0) but who knows when that will be. Maybe we will get some insight into what the black book contains, but I doubt it.

-"Jesus" aka Zoidberg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CopyNinjaKakashi View Post

godofthesunn- I wasn't sure about the shurikens either. It looked like Sasuke threw them up in the air and then caught them when he jumped up and threw them back down. My friend said it may be the shuriken jutsu of Sasuke's where they are attached to a string. I would appreciate any insights you have to what exactly happened.
    I'm scratching about this too >.> where did they initially come from? I saw a string and Deidara dodging a blur of giant shurikens ... exactly when did Sasuke throw them? Evidently, he's hasty. Guess we're assumed to accept it.

Just some intrigue.... what is that Chokuto blade made of or did it conveniently miss those mines...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

a theory about the raikiri , we only saw the last part of kakashi and naruto X deidara , maybe , just maybe , he used some raikiri on deidara .
    Its possible , because he wouldnt start the fight with the mange sharingan

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ornis- My friend wondered the same thing about his sword. It was awfully convenient that it didn't land on any of the mines. Sometimes both skill and luck are necessary I guess.

Shouji- It's definitely possible, but highly unlikely. Remember, Kakashi stated that Naruto wasn't a good match-up for Deidara becasue he(Naruto) was a close-range fightert, while Deidara is a ranged attack. They needed a long-range attack, which happened to be Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan. Raikiri, which is a close-range attack, would have been useless against Deidara, since he was keeping his distance from Naruto and Kakashi.

-"Jesus" aka Zoidberg

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know I ALMOST put something about Diedara witnessing the Raikiri in my review...

I read the BS scan, and still thought the wording was funny as I couldn't recall Kakashi ever getting close enough to use his Raikiri on Deidara.....but I couldn't remember the fight blow for blow and decided to take it on faith.

As for the sword....I mean with a surface area that small it was more likely than not that it would find an safe patch of ground. Sasuke just played the odds on that one.

A bit gutsy...but they were good odds. I mean Tobi didn't have THAT many bombs. The space this fight is taking place in is pretty large....especially after Deidara began leveling the hell out of the forest.
    Last edited by ANBU4U; June 19, 2007 at 11:16 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you are definitely right there. The odds were in his favor. The mines couldn't cover the entire ground. Nothing wrong with a little luck every now and then.

The only reason I am certain about no Raikiri is that I went back and read the manga about the upcoming battles in the anime, and there was no mention of Raikiri anywhere.

-"Jesus" aka Zoidberg

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrcongojack's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review, CopyNinjaKakashi.
    Everyone who was on this board when I signed up has either been banned or left.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: CopyNinjaKakashi's Review of Naruto 358

Once again, keep it up - good review as always.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyNinjaKakashi View Post
    Okay, this part bothered me a little bit. Deidara says he remembers that Kakashi used a similar jutsu. The only problem is that Kakashi never used Raikiri in his encounter with Deidara during the Rescue Gaara arc (if my memory serves me correctly). Maybe this just means that he knows it because it was in his home country's bingo book or whatever, or he just discussed the matter with other Akatsuki members. The thing about it though, is the way Deidara says it:"I remember Kakashi using that!" seems to imply that Deidara was there in person to see Raikiri.
    I think Deidara was referring to Kakashi’s father aka Konoha’s White Fang.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Az3r's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hokage View Post
    I think Deidara was referring to Kakashi’s father aka Konoha’s White Fang.
    I thought Raikiri/Chidori was invented by Kakashi himself?
    By the way, nice review there, CNK...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: CopyNinjaKakashi's Review of Naruto 358

Quote Originally Posted by Az3r View Post
    I thought Raikiri/Chidori was invented by Kakashi himself?
    I agree, but maybe his father invented something similar.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast