Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 636 by cnet128 , Gintama 552 (2) , One Piece 794 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it that nobody can cut the bird cage strings?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member henhead's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is it that nobody can cut the bird cage strings?

I'd expect Either Zoro or the admiral to cut open the cage since they can imbue Haki into their swords. Why is it that both of these guys do not even attempt to cut the cage and sack Doffy altogether? I know that Oda probably does this so that Luffy would ultimately save everyone in Dressrosa from Doom, but still...it feels like an obvious flaw that these two charactersdo not take a swing at the cage. Maybe it was done off panel? Or do they not attempt because the cage is stronger than their own potentials? Am i missing something here? Do they need Kenpachi to cut the cage open?
    Last edited by henhead; April 05, 2015 at 11:36 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why is it that nobody can cut the bird cage strings?

It's either indestructible (like Bartolomeo barriers) or it would soon reform itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

The strings are imbued with a special fourth type of Haki, Color of Plot. There'd be no danger or tension if someone just made a breach in the cage and let everyone escape. Heck, Law could just use Room and teleport people outside instead of going after Dofla and getting his ass kicked... Yeah. Birdcage is probably the first big threat in One Piece that could be evaded with enough thought.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 10 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, Law would only be able to make a few people escape with Room since it put a strain on his body. And even if he could let all citizens pass, it would take a while, long enough for Doflamingo to reform the birdcage. Plus he has a prize on his head, so he and the Strawhats can't simply ask the citizens one by one to go where they ask.
    Last edited by Fox666; April 05, 2015 at 02:05 PM.
    TOBI IS OBITO

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no point in cutting down the birdcage while DD is still not defeated, because he would just put it back on. That said for some reason it seems even impossible to cut, or else Zoro would have already tried to cut it down. So unless DD is defeated I can't see how they can bring down the birdcage at the moment, plus it would make it less effective as a threat if someone could just cut it...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    The strings are imbued with a special fourth type of Haki, Color of Plot. There'd be no danger or tension if someone just made a breach in the cage and let everyone escape. Heck, Law could just use Room and teleport people outside instead of going after Dofla and getting his ass kicked... Yeah. Birdcage is probably the first big threat in One Piece that could be evaded with enough thought.
    Color of Plot thats a good one~

Oda better explain...or else...

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    There's no point in cutting down the birdcage while DD is still not defeated, because he would just put it back on. That said for some reason it seems even impossible to cut, or else Zoro would have already tried to cut it down. So unless DD is defeated I can't see how they can bring down the birdcage at the moment, plus it would make it less effective as a threat if someone could just cut it...
    I think your answer and fox's seems the most logical. No point in cutting a string since Doffy can either fart out a replacement string, or it might reform again somehow. Thanks guys
    Last edited by henhead; April 05, 2015 at 03:07 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I realized that it may be possible that Zoro or another swordsman could cut the birdcage, but the pieces would fall over Dressrosa killing all citizens.
    TOBI IS OBITO

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I realized that it may be possible that Zoro or another swordsman could cut the birdcage, but the pieces would fall over Dressrosa killing all citizens.
    Yeah those strings are sharp ,all the citizens will end up like Machvise if the cage was destroyed...not the smartest thing to do.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

God i feel so stupid. Why didn't i think of that before??! It's like a super paper cut, except it's done by something that could be stronger than a piano wire. Plus if the strings where cut, the recoil from it could snap and decapitate a few heads.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol yeah but you're not the only one, I think many of us just focused on the issue of cuttinh the birdcage but didn't really thought about what happens afterwards, the debris falling on the citizens could deal quite some damage.
    Although there might be a way around that. There is Law who could use his room but he's prolly out for a while. But more importantly there's Fujitora who already used his DF to save the people from the fallen boulders from Pica's statue. But yeah it's prolly not the best option around, it would be better to just beat DD under an hour.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Law probably wouldn't be able extend his Room to the size of the entire Dressrosa, and even then it would be for a very short amount of time.

In Fujitora's case, it seems Pica's statue was like a tenth of Dressrosa size, so it may not be far-fetched that he could extend his ability that far. But does Fujitora can use his ability with precision, given that he used it to move large boulders and smash things? Fujitora trying to stop the birdcage from falling over Dressrosa may look like a person trying to escape from a net:

And assuming this is not the case how long would Fujitora be able to keep the birdcage from falling? It sure would take a while for the citizens to escape. Plus it would only be possible to cut a small area at floor level.
    TOBI IS OBITO

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it seems almost impossible to achieve so it's best to just have Luffy beat DD and knock him unconscious, if that's what it takes to make his technique stop working.

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I see it more as no one attempting to because of various assumptions or fear.

Same

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet, any of the Yonkou could destroy Bird cage, especially, Shanks.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would try to dig my way. Even if the strings are 1 mile deep, the further down the string goes, the greater the gap between the strings. I'd keep digging till the gap is large enough for me to squeeze through. Unfortunately, the cage is now shrinking so it's too damn late

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast