Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Welcome to my list that will eventually become obsolete! As many of you know, the Dressrosa arc has more subplots than previous arcs. I think so.
As you can see, the subplots and events have really whittled down. Only two major fights are left. Doffy's crew only has two members standing. When Luffy lands his winning blow on Doffy, then I humbly ask the mods to delete this thread since its purpose has been served.
Here they are, in no particular order:
1) Luffy vs. Doflamingo
2) CP-0's whereabouts
If I forgot anything, let me know! As the story progresses, I will update the list. When the Dressrosa arc is finished, then this topic will be deleted.
Last edited by Fugui; May 23, 2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Updating list.
Good call on this thread lmao. Pretty weird one.
In all honesty, I don't think this is too unique in the world of One Piece when it comes to Sub plots.
I mean, OP even out-does HxH in Subplots.
By the format set in the opening post,
Let's look at... Sabaody
1) Get the ship coated (Resolved by Rayleigh)
2) Freeing the slaves at the slave shop (Resolved by SH's/Rayleigh)
3) The Actual Slave auction
4) Luffy giving the Celestial a punch of a lifetime (Resolved I guess...)
5) The aftermath of the punch where Luffy/Law/Kid have to fight the Marines
6) The kidnapping of Caimie earlier on
7) Simply finding Rayleigh
8) Whether or not the island can cope with 11 Supernovas at once
9) Admiral Kizaru soloing Scratchmen/Drake/Hawkins/Urouge
10) Kid Pirates/Heart Pirates VS 2 Pacifistas consecutively
11) Science Capt. Sentomaru/Admiral Kizaru/Pacifista vs SH's
12) Kuma sending the SH's into different places
13) Rayleigh revealing that he and Crocus were members of the Roger Pirates
14) Sanji rearranging Duval's face making Duval feel indebted to Sanji
15) The backstory behind World Nobles and that they Humans are the ones who originally hated and persecuted Fishman
So when you see it this way... This definitely isn't the first time. It's pretty typical of Oda. My friends and I and pretty much everybody, have come to the conclusion that this guy is just that good.
Good point Airgrimes.
I guess there's just something about this arc, at least for me, that makes the abundant subplots stand out more. Perhaps it's because this arc has been exceptionally long!
I'm not complaining though. I'm enjoying the Dressrosa arc.
Old toys Vs God Usopp and the gang (resolve)
Franky Vs Señor Pink (In Process)
Kyros vs Diamanté (In Process)
Kanjuro killing himself (In Process) <- That one was a joke lol
Luffy's army vs Doflamingo's fighter (in process)
Canvdish revenge against toys (mission incomplete)
One Piece has a lot of back story about everything. I mean when the straw hat crews split up, we had a full on inside story about each of them with even more inside stories after that. But I like it, it all builds up on it self and provides good scenes. Especially in the manga, it moves a lot faster and more action paced then the anime.
CP0 what were they doing there? where did they go
To sum up the plots of the Shabondy arc:
1) They are in the island to coat the sip. Hatchan has a friend who can coat they ship. Camie got captured. They ended up in the auction, which a Tenryuubito wanted Hatchan as a slave and Luffy punched him. As a result, Kizaru was summoned and he brought a bunch of Pacifistas lead by Sentoumaru with him. Kuma appeared and sent each of the Strawhats to a different island.
2) Zoro got lost. He almost attacked a Tenryuubito, which Bonney prevented.
3) Kizaru was confronted by Hawkins. The battle also involved Urouge, Drake, Appo and a Pacifista on Kizaru's side.
4) Law and Kid were confronted by a Pacifista.
I did list subplots and in the Opening post of the thread you'll find a chain of events if you go by your logic. I was going by the OP's format.
Hatchan has a friend who can coat their ship, they go to search for him.
Caimie getting captured is without a doubt where the plot changes or the "subplot" kicks in. Its not as if that was going to be a given in the story at any point at all.
Luffy punching a Tenryuubito is obviously a subplot since nobody expects something like this.
I shouldn't have to explain that an Admiral suddenly arriving to kill off the SH's is a subplot either for instance.
The only missing parts to add flavour to this is the foreshadowing towards the upcoming arcs too don't ya think?
Shabondy was foreshadowing the upcoming war with Whitebeard vs the shichibukai + marines and fishman island...
So what's being foreshadowed here? The reverie? A pirate war involving Kaidou? Samurai island Zou? I'm not awake enough at the time of writing this to think of everything but it does add flavour to this lovely stew of subplots moving!
I know what u mean. I feel the same way. Dressrosa is soooo big and soooo many different character. new ones, old ones, strawhats, marines, shishibukai, revolution army, big mom, wano kuni samuaris.
it's hard to keep up with everybody. but i still like it, it's different than previous arcs, but I guess all the future arcs will be like that where the strawhats split up in groups with other guys like kin', barto etc.
because if the strawhats gain more nakamas, then it's hard for oda to focus all strawhats, so he has it easier when he's only highlithging some of them.
Hey everyone. I decided to update, and clean up, my list! I also added two things, one of them being a suggestion.
Ready for another year of Dressrosa?