In the box on the upper right hand side of the SS Organizational Tree here's what it says about them:
On the page no other military group is described as having exceptional combat abilities besides the royal special forces, so it's reasonable to assume that they are the best.Quote:
Last edited by sheetz; June 08, 2009 at 01:50 AM.
Oh, my bad then, I don't really keep up with the databooks, just the manga.
Fact remains though, what if she was "promoted" from a gotei 13 captain to like a 5th seat in the zero squad? Yes, if we were told that she was promoted from gotei 13 captain to zero squad captain, I'd be impressed, but since we don't know that much info, I don't think we should judge how powerful hikifune is.
I do think hikifune is powerful, but not strong enough to say that she would pwned most captains b/c time has changed. I already showed how the past captains (vizardS) paled in comparison to the captains currently
Kenpachi has a seal because he likes the handicap.
Yamamoto has far more reiatsu then Kenpachi.
Judging By Kenpachi's own words I would say he is second to Yama at least in Raw power, remember the old man tried to TRAIN him personally and even teached him a couple of moves... and that is something Yama doesn't do with everyone, (other wise the so called Boy genius would be the first in his list)
Did you forget that Shunsui and Ukitake were also his students? This still doesn't prove anything. This just means that he knew Kenpachi was strong and that he was officially the next "Kenpachi" he should be taught some moves in order to become more diverse.
1. the general commander, Yama-ji. most experienced, powerful and in control captain of SS. dude's a beast.
2. Unohana. she's beautiful and deadly at the sametime and i cannot wait for her debut battle against a baddy in bleach. kubo is saving her for something epic.
3. Urahara. i think he would've been one of the next strongest captains because of his intelligence to break the barriers of limitations in power and strength. plus, his genius makes him a formidable opponent.
4. Isshin. eventhough there's limited information, i think isshin was a former captain of the 11th division and purposely left SS for his son to come. but, i imagine kubo has something wicked in store for him also.
5. Shinji Hirako, reminds me of urahara alot, very intelligent and battle oriented. i think he was an optimistic captain at the time before his accident of sorts.
6. Shunsui. represents coolness with a side of poweful strength and doesn't take himself way too serious. i hope to see more to come from his upcoming battle with stark.
7. Yoruichi is a definite strong-willed captain and toughie. her abilities alone make her stand out amongst all the current and former captains and she even aided some along the way in power.
8. Byakuya is a smart fighter and very skilled as i've seen since his debut in bleach. the way he handles his battles shows how resourceful he can be. very bada$$.
9. Kenpachi represents the beserk, craze of a warrior who loves to fight. i think kubo thought of the saiyans when he created this guy, very powerful and violent.
10. Aizen Souske is very formidable and slick. i do think his abilities are the key to his real strength beyond anything else he can do and maybe two years from now, will get to see him in real action.
those are my top ten, i wanted to include some others, but these guys do it for me right now, while reading bleach. i do hope to see more from the other captains in future chapters. i will say, soi fon's ban kai was cool, even if mostly everyone else thought it was crap. i liked the whole "missle launch" thing. i only wish kubo would've done a "hornet's nest" type thing with it, where barragan would've gotten a giant stamp instead and his own reiatsu would attract smaller attacks from soi fon directly to him, leading to his ultimate demise.
that would've been awesome too.
Of the captains first introduced in SS arc:
1) Aizen - for obvious reasons.
2) Yamamoto - why else would he be Soutaichou?
3) Unohana - I have a feeling she is incredibly powerful, plus the fact that Kyouraku and Ukitake seem a little nervous of her.
4) Kyouraku - centuries of experience and expertise.
5) Ukitake - on the same level as Kyouraku, but his health means that Kyouraku just pips him to the post.
6) Ichimaru - I think that his Bankai, when revealed, is going to be very powerful. Plus when he was fighting Hitsugaya, he wasn't even trying properly and Hitsu was in Shikai.
7) Kenpachi - pure brute strength. Defeated released Nnoitra without even a Bankai.
8) Byakuya - his speed. He's strong, but I think could be beaten by the ones already named.
9) Soi Fon - speedy, skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Explosive Bankai and her Shikai means she only has to get two hits in.
10) Hitsugaya - potential for growth and improvement, however at 20% power could be easily beaten by a Fraccion.
11) Tousen. Bankai can incapacitate most people, yet I don't think he's actually that brilliant.
12) Mayuri. Nasty tricks, but I don't think he would be very powerful on his own with no inventions to resort to. Plus he lost to Ishida.
13) Komamura. Maybe it's just he hasn't had as much focus on him as the others have had, but I dunno. I think he's least powerful captain.
Last edited by Izkity; July 08, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
^You have two number 6. Also gin did use shikai against hitsugaya.
Tousen, Byakuya, Soi Fon, Kenpachi, Hitsugaya, Mayuri,
Tiers 1 and 2 are self explanatory. In tier 3, I actually think Tousen is the strongest and Soi Fon is the second strongest. Tousen bankai is as hax as Aizen's shikai, and his reiastu must be very large if he can cut off Grimmjaw's arm with an unreleased zanpaktou.
Byakuya is strong all-round. Soi Fong is probably the fastest captain and has an extremely haxx shikai, that can kill in 2 hits. If she were to fight another captain on the same level, I can easily see her putting them on the defensive for most of the battle like she did Yoruichi, unless their clever. Hitsugaya has some good abilities and a genius intellect. He has the ice mirror, which can easily give him the advantage, and his strongest technique which automatically freezes on contact. Also he was able to keep up Halibel even though he's probably way weaker than her and she was holding back.
Kenpachi could one-shot anyone who is on the same level as him when he's using kendo and can take a lot of hits before he goes down. Mayuri has low combat skills and probably has the weakest reiastu, but he has a lot other abilities that make up for it. He could reduce most of the damage he takes by replacing all his real organs with fake ones. If he's really in trouble he could turn himself in to liquid. His shikai can quickly can incapacitate his opponent and his bankai kills in minutes, with just one breath of it's poison.
Last edited by En Yang Ji; July 08, 2009 at 03:03 PM.
One question for you all:
Where is the evidence that Komamura is weak?
No seriously, your all putting him down just because he hasn't had a fair fight yet, let's take a look at how Komamura has faired over the plot so far:
He and Tousen double teamed Kenpachi in shikai, both their attacks failed to critically injure Kenpachi.
Later after Tousen is defeated, Komamura goes bankai on Kenpachi. Yet the scene cuts away before we see the action, all we know is that afterwards, when Komamura confronts Aizen, there's not a scratch on him.
He confronts Aizen, Aizen stops his shikai easily (either with overwhelming reiatsu or an illusion, we don't know), Aizen then defeats him with a 1/3rd power hadou 90. However, Komamura isn't that badly injured as he still gets up moments later and scolds Tousen for joining with Aizen, he also states he doesn't need much medical attention afterwards as well.
Komamura shows up to relieve Ikkaku against Pou. He does the following in the battle: He punches Pou, Pou punches him, he throws Pou, he goes bankai and obliterates Pou in one attack.
That's all we've seen of Komamura so far, and yet almost everybody rates him as the weakest. If you go for just victories and defeats, Komamura defeated Pou, but lost to Aizen. So this is the possible power range of Komamura:
Oh, and Komamura supposedly held his own against Kenpachi too, if that says anything to you at all.
That's a pretty frigging big range, from a fraccion to possibly the strongest character (currently at least, before Ichigo goes and gets another 5 power-ups to be the most powerful) in Bleach.
You got a point, I shouldn't assume he was the weakest just from that. Still though, from what we've seen and the databooks he doesn't seem to have much going for him.
I took him off the list. I hope your right about Komumura and he really is strong.
Last edited by En Yang Ji; July 08, 2009 at 03:16 PM.
I agree, he is like Hitsu pre-Halibel fight. It's just that Komamura faced a supposedly super powerful enemy (Aizen) and expectedly lost, and he faced a pretty weak enemy (not captain level, Pou), so we don't know how he ranges.
That said, we also have nothing on somebody like Unohana except praise and long term of service.