I'd say Love and Rose are above Komamura by far, hollowfication isn't a joke. Remember how much more power did it give to Ichigo. We can argue that "Ichigo's hollow is stronger" (is or isn't, we don't know), but Vizards have been training it for 100 years. Love and Rose were new and young captains in TBTP (or well, Rose was, and I don't think Love would be much stronger), maybe at that time they were ~Komamura level, but it's been 100 years + hollowfication. Komamura is still young and new.
You can't really compare them to Kyoraku. He's much, much older. And he was said to be one of the biggest talents, along with Uki.
Unohana is pure hype, but according to the hype, she's at least Kyoraku level. I'd put her under him though, she doesn't like fighting, doesn't deserve to be above
Last edited by Darjaille; February 26, 2012 at 05:05 AM.
but hollowification depends on the user, for example aizen,who is younger than shinji,is much stronger even without using bankai,while shinji with bankai and hollowification is trash compared to him. I know that hollowification isn't a joke,but I think komamura with his bankai is stronger than rose and love with their bankai. I thought so because Ikkaku's bankai was said to be nothing in front of komamura's. but you are right,age counts. and hollowification puts them on a higher levelalthough not near to other greater shinigami.
I will rank them in terms of classes in honor of Yu Yu Hakusho: S is strongest, then A, B, C, etc. Each class also has groups: -, neutral, and +. This is based on overall abilities
I think soifon is more proficient with her shikai. her bankai is indeed powerful,, but setting it up and lugging that thing around is pretty hard
I actually find that Soifong was in the same boat as hitsugaya when it comes to mastering there bankai... Hitsugaya hadn't fully mastered his bankai and therfore it was incomplete. Soifong is the same. she said herself that she hates using it, which means she probably rarely uses it enough to get good at contoling it and such. If she took the time to train with her bankai, then perhaps she would be able to resist the recoil on it and also control it better. It's her own fault for slacking just because it's big and powerful.
My list, not including the vizard captains:
1. Urahara: He can even beat Yamamoto and Aizen with his awesome Kido skills like sealing his opponent reiatsu, he's smarter than Aizen, he was hinted at being transcendental and he's as fast Yoruichi is.
2. Yamamoto/Aizen: Obvious, but they is overrated.
3. Kenpachi: Kubo left him out of the war because he was so strong, his kendo one shotted a powerful Espada.
4. Unohana: She so boss, one look scares the **** out of the powerful people.
5. Shunsui: His shikai killed the freakin #1 Espada (Stark).
6. Hitsugaya: It was said that he could be as powerful as Shunsui, he is super strong for a young captain.
7. Ukitake: Shunsui's equal, unfortunately suffers from a sickness.
8. Byakuya: Strong bankai, super fast, almost equal to Kenpachi, but a little arrogant.
9. Mayuri: He needs time to prepare his techniques but he's still powerful.
10. Soi Fong: She isn't that good, very overrated. Her bankai is so fail.
11. Gin: Hype, didn't do much even Ichigo was able to match him.
13. Tosen: Lol, lost with a bankai to Kenpachi who was still wearing his eyepatch. Fail.
14. Komamura: Most useless fodder captain in Bleach, this weakling gets owned every time he fights.
I'll divide them up by tier:
Crazy powerful but unstable tier:
*They are potentially the strongest characters but their max power cannot yet be achieved at will, due to their lack of control over their monstrous reiatsu, wich is higher than anybody else.
Lower tier, below average:
I have Urahara somewhere equal, or above Kyoraku, below or maybe equal to Isshin. With what he showed against Aizen, his offense/defense shikai, incredible speed, definitely not lacking reiatsu, unrivaled intelligence, being probably the most skillful person with kidou, his inventions and tricks, versatility [and then unrevealed bankai, but who doesn't have that these days? >_<]... I think he'd be good enough even against serious Kyoraku (Ukitake too, won't talk about Unohana cuz we know nothing nothing about her) and I don't think Isshin would be impossible too. Isshin has shown incredible raw power and reiatsu, if he can manage that, he has a good shot - but then can only judge what Isshin has shown, and there's not much.
@smerten good list. Exactly how i order their strengths for the most part
@darjaille urahara is indeed strong but i would not put him on shunsuis level let alone higher than him. Based on feats alone shunsuis is far above him. His shikai was utterly blocked by ulquiorra, his shield shattered by Ichigo, not to mention his horrible portrayal in the past chapters. I place urahara a little above byakuya
Aizen is usually too high in these lists IMO (more about it in my ch. 500 discussion post #454). I'd put him somewhere below the senior captains (top high tier, maybe).
Urahara... now this is a tough nut. We have seen the power (even if not bankai, we can approximately judge from shikais and Kubo's info - like about Unohana) of most captains, but what we've seen of Urahara, he's been playing around with Kidou most of the time (when we see him really fighting, it's against hougyokuifying Aizen), or providing other support. He reminds me of Kashitarou from Gamaran, who's good at fighting but physically weak, so he doesn't engage in fights often.
Now that I think about it, we've never seen Urahara actually clash swords with anyone...