And about the Zaraki's fight, no one can say that Zaraki was owning komamura, because we couldn't see even a glimpse of this fight, and Komamura vs Noitora would be great, his bankai could be able to tear apart Noitora easily, I think, even if it's a little slow..
ok so ive never been to this sub-forum so stop me if this thread has already been made, ok?
1. Sousuke Aizen- twice the reaitsu of a normal captain
2.Yammamoto- captain commander and has been around for over 2000 years so he is most experienced
3.Ichimaru Gin- child prodigy who graduated from the academy after 1 year
4/5 Shunsui and Ukitake- Yammamoto hints that these two are the
strongest of teh captains
6. Unohana- everyone is afraid of her bad side, and she is Shunsui and Jushiro's senpai, so shes been around longer than they have
7. Zaraki Kenpachi- pretend like he didnt screw around in battle...no eye patch, no bells on the hair, and he used kendo....in other words, in all out Zaraki Kenpachi would probably give him a spot ahead of Byakuya. He took on the 5th espada and beat him when he finalyl went "all out"
8. Kuchiki Byakuya- sure he beat the 7th espada with ease, but that espada was way too cocky and probaly could have put up a way better fight if he didn't underestimate Byakuya, so Byakuya only gets number 8
9.Kaname Tousen- Got his ass kicked by Zaraki, but if he's Aizen's subordinate then he probably has to be somewhat strong , and not to mention he did take out all the vizard captains with his bakai (though they didnt know what was going on like Kenpachi did)
10. Kurotsuchi Mayuri- He beat the 8th espada, so why not? Without his science tools he would be nothing though
11. Komemura- havent really seen much from him, so its kinda hard to say, but that massive bankai tells me he has some kind of good power
12. Soi Fon- havent seen much from her either but that shikai is pretty sick...her ranking could change once we see more
13. Hitsguya- if it wasnt for being near a lot of water, Hitsaguya would have been crushed by luppi, also he had to have his limit released when he took on grimmjow's fraccion...not very impressive to me
Whether Aizen or Yammamoto come first I think we can agree that they both are either 1 or 2 right?
for rankings 3-6: No matter the order I think that most would agree that gin, shunsui,unohana, and jushiro fill in these 4 rankings. I know some of you think i only put gin in number 3 beacuse hes my favorite character but i really think that being a child prodigy who graduated in one year makes his power that great, and I think we have not seen Gin's true potential.
Also I think we have to see more of Komemura and Soi Fon before we can make their rankings official
Lastly, if Aizen, Gin, and Tousen do happen to be vizards then I would say.....
Aizen is number 1 for sure, Gin would probably be 2 tied with Yama
and Tousen would probaly be like the 4 or 5
and as for Hitsugaya, yea, he's definitely not so strong. i would say out of the current captains, he's gotta be in the bottom 3.
everyone foaming at the mouth over Unohana being some kind of powerhouse is really driving me crazy. i can't wait for them to give her a fight and show what she can really do. even if i'm wrong and she does turn out to be amazing. but everyone creaming their pants over her being some godlike sleeper is annoying the hell out of me until i see some proof.
heres what my thoughts are
1. Sousuke Aizen- twice the reaitsu of a normal captain, his shikai complete hypnosis would own anyone, and we have yet to see his bankai
2.Ichimaru Gin- child prodigy, not afraid of anyone, have yet to see his bankai, tied up Zaraki with ease
3.Yammamoto- captain commander of all the shinigami, has over 2000 years experience
4. Unohana- Seems to strike fear in the 11th squad members with relative ease, caused the Exequias to flee because the leader didn't want to fight her
5. Shunsui- Yammamoto states that he (with Ukitake) are the strongest of the current captains
6. Zaraki Kenpachi- fought off two captains with ease, beat the 5th espada with relative ease
7. Ukitake-Yammamoto states that he (with Shunsui) are the strongest of the current captains, (would be higher if he didn't get winded easily)
8. Kuchiki Byakuya- beat the 7th espada with ease, considered strongest in his clan in many generations
9.Kaname Tousen- his bankai can completely defeat anyone that isn't a psycho, won't be fooled by Aizens shikai
10. Komemura- Aizen stepped in to defeat him instead of relying on Gin or Tousen (possibly fearing that they could be injured)
11. Kurotsuchi Mayuri- beat the 8th espada with ease, very high intelligence
12. Soi Fon- was able to fight Yoruichi on equal ground (but that was after a 100 year hiatus that is why shes low on the totem poll)
13. Hitsguya- wasn't able to beat Gin even though he was using his shikai and Gin had yet to release his zanpaktou
the top 5 fo aptains from are:
Toshiro Hitsugaya.- his bankai cause do several damage with his sennen hyorou
yamamoto genryusai.-not for nothing he's the head captain of seireitei
kuchiki byakuya.- his senbonzakura kageyoshi can cutt enemies to pieces
aizen.-his abilities with de kidoh's are very high
zaraki kenpachi.- he is very powerful with his reiatsu sealed, imagine if he could achieve bankai and without his eyepacth XD
are yo kidding me? you think Histaguya is number one!? Even him being in the top 5 is outrageous !
This is my ranking based on my interpretation of what has been seen in the manga. Since we dont know the exact power level of each fighter, I set them in power groups so. Members in each group I believe have similar power level or at least are stronger than the members of the next group:
3.- Shunshui, Ukitake, Unohana
4.- byakuga, gin, kempachi
5.- tousen, komamura, hitsugaya
6.- Soifon, mayuri
Last edited by kkck; July 09, 2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Its kinda hard to judge Hitsugaya's skills based on his fight with Shawlong....YES he couldn't touch him before releasing...BUT once released he 1 hit KO'd him...and Shawlong was so afraid of his reaitsu that he ran away.......
@c420smokey- what did you mean by "Ichimaru Gin- child prodigy, not afraid of anyone, have yet to see his bankai, tied up Zaraki with ease"???
Lol, tying up zaraki with ease... well, gin held zaraki back when he "challenged" byakuya to avoid a conflict. But that was not real combat at all.
Anyways, to my opinion:
1st tier, Yama and Aizen
2nd tier, Unohana, Shunsui and Ukitake
3rd tier, Zaraki (when he actually tries), byakuya, gin
4th tier, Tousen, Kurotsuchi, Soifon
5th tier, Komamura, hitsugaya (simply too young and unexperienced, he isn't that powerful now, will be in the future).
I didn't include any ex captains except for the ones inHM since we havn't seen much of their power.
I made a list for this a while ago, but since this thread is back up again, I feel like I should give my updated opinion as it has changed somewhat. First, I'll give the lists and then the explanations. I have two lists: one for Aizen/Gin/Tousen as non-vizards and one for those guys as vizards.
5. Soi Fon/Ichimaru/Byakuya
8. Soi Fon/Byakuya
Last edited by Tsukisama; July 09, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
@Raizen what I meant was he was a prodigy when he went to the academy, what I meant by him not being afraid of anyone, is when he fought Toshiro and Toshiro sent all this rage at him, he showed no fear or when the whole soul society caught him and the group he showed indifference to them, and recently he showed no fear of captain Yamamoto using his new ability to trap them, he acted like it was nothing, and capturing Zaraki is no easy feat because he had to stop him from attacking Byakuya who he was content on fighting, so that has to add up to something, those are my reasonings
I'm not going to rank the Vizards and Unohana because their battle skills are unknown.
- Commander-General Yamamoto-Genryūsai - there is a big difference between Commander-General and Captain
- Shunsui and Jushiro
- Byakuya, Ken-chan
- Mayuri and Soifon
- Komamura and Tousen
For future reference, this is a discussion thread. So, when you post a list or rankings, you need to include reasons (i.e., discussion) with your list. Henceforth, lists without any sort of reasons accompanying them (in the same post) will be deleted. ~ Tsukisama
Once we see more of her and her bankai I might rate her higher though.