Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Come make your nominations in Fairy Tail Awards.

View Poll Results: Who should Ino-Shika-Cho troll next?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kakuzu

8 50.00%
  • Dan

0 0%
  • White Zetsus

1 6.25%
  • I don't want to see Ino-Shika-Cho anymore

7 43.75%
  • Other (specify in post)

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: 3D Reviews: Naruto Chapter 534

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DaDarkDude's Avatar
    Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

3D Reviews: Naruto Chapter 534

Chapter 534: Farewell, Ino-Shika-Chou!

Hello again guys. Welcome to 3D Review's Second review on mangahelpers. I've noted all the criticism I got in the last review, and have made changes accordingly. I hope you guys enjoy this enhanced version, and as always if you feel there's something I'm missing, just point it out and I'll see what I can do about it!

Now for the fun part. We've just seen Choji finally shed away his emotions and embrace determination to take out his revived Sensei, Asuma. Without the use of pills, he's managed to grow the wings, and it's pretty obvious he'll be exponentially stronger. But just how strong will he be compared to Asuma? Time to find out!

Detailed Plot Summary
    In the midst of the raging battlefield, Choji has suddenly sprouted two giant chakra wings. His teammates and father note them with shock, and they begin to notice the rapid changes occurring within Choji, alongside his external differences. Ino and Shikamaru note how quickly he's loosing weight, and Shikamaru questions Chozou if Choji will be alright. Chozou calmly responds that there's nothing to worry about, the technique Choji is using is a secret calorie-control technique of the Akimichi clan, and that the pills they use just make the technique easier. In this case, however, Choji has sprouted the wings without the pills.
    Asuma watches happily, wondering just how much stronger Choji will be in this form, and he begins to compare Choji to a newly metamorphosed butterfly, and asks whether he will be able to take flight. Fully determined, Choji responds that he will definitely be able to, and focuses all the chakra, including the chakra that created the wings, into his right fist, making it an incredibly deadly weapon. Chozou notes Choji's determination and decides that they no longer have anything to worry about, and that he will return back to his fight. Before leaving, he apologizes for Choji's previous annoying behavior, but explains to them that that side of Choji is gone, and that he is now worthy to be the 16th head of the Akimichi family, then he takes off.
    And thus, the second part of the battle begins. Ino and Shikamaru return to Choji's side and prepare to fight with renewed strength. Two Sand village shinobi watch from the top of a cliff and yell to the three to weaken Asuma, then lead him to the corner where they'll seal him off. Ino replies that weakening Asuma is easier said than done, then notes two Zetsus preparing to attack Shikamaru from behind. She warns her friend then jumps to his back, mind body switching (somehow) into both Zetsus. In control of both Zetsus, Ino launches forward and begins to fight Asuma while Shikamaru provides her powerful backup with the Shadow Sewing Technique. Jumping out of the way, Asuma notes Choji closing in on him, and that he will be unable to dodge. With a smile, Asuma notes this and prepares to be struck by an enlarged Choji (at this point, Choji has turned into a giant using the Akimichi technique). Choji punches Asuma and sends him flying back, and as Asuma is ripped into shreds, he begins to compliment Choji, thinking that all Choji ever needed to be stronger than anyone, was the confidence in himself and his abilities.
    Asuma crashes onto the cliff the two Sand Shinobi were standing on and turns it into fragments of rubble. To limit Asuma's movements, Shikamaru quickly picks up Asuma's old weapon given to him, embeds it with his chakra, and throws it at Asuma's shadow, effectively freezing him in place. Asuma notices this and puns about how moved and unmoved he is. The two Sand Shinobi then take the opportunity to quickly seal off Asuma, but Asuma implores them to wait for a second. Shikamaru explains to Asuma that they've already heard his last words, and to say them again would weaken the impact it had on them. In retaliation, Asuma explains that he'd like to add on those words, and the three watch in a mixture of emotions as he explains he has nothing more to say to them, and that their combination was perfect. The Sand Shinobi then take the opportunity to seal him away, and the three watch him and thank him.
    To finish off, everyone on the battlefield pauses and stares at the sky in shock. Kakuzu, Darui, Dan, Chozou, and even the Zetsus alongside the rest of the army watch in captivation as Choji flies high above them with his two chakra wings. He then tells Shikamaru and Ino that he intends to end the battle 'now' and that he'll need their help. The two watch impressed and happy at Choji's sudden change in disposition, and follow him.

Elsewhere, Naruto tiredly lays on the ground and Bee watches him, saying that he has to work harder and that he's becoming lazy. Naruto then gets up and explains that he's actually not working harder because something has been on his mind. Bee asks him in his own way what the problem is, and Naruto responds by saying that he earlier felt the Nine-Tails' Chakra, but that he found it odd because he's the only person with the Nine Tails' Chakra. Bee explains that he's the only person with the Nine-tails' chakra, and that they're in a chakra isolation chamber, so there's no way he could sense anything anyways.
    Inside Bee, however, a different conversation is taking place. The Hachibi explains to Bee that Naruto is beginning to sense what is going on, and that he most likely sensed the Silver and Gold Brothers (Kinkaku and Ginkaku) that may have been revived using 'Orochimaru's technique'. The Hachibi then explains that Naruto can't be lied to any longer, seeing as how already seeds of curiosity are beginning to sprout. He asks what Bee's plan is, and Bee wonders what kind of plan he could have. The Hachibi reminds Bee that he can't let Naruto out of the room, and Bee responds by saying he's counting on the Hachibi for help.
    Naruto then asks to head for the bathroom, and Bee tells him it's out the door and on the first left. The Hachibi angrily screams at Bee, telling him that he already said Bee couldn't let him out of the chamber, and to follow him. But before Bee has the chance to reclaim Naruto, Naruto is already out of the room. As Naruto quickly tries to leave the area, two Shinobi contact HQ and Tsunada and A listen in shock. A then responds by questioning what Bee's doing, and A's assistant replies saying Bee wasn't paying attention, then asks Tsunade to give the order, and Tsunade agrees.
    Naruto continues to leave the vicinity and is stopped by over seven shinobi of the alliance. He watches them cautiously and questions why there would be so many guards if something wasn't going on. Shino's father than asks Naruto to return to his training room, and that he wont be allowed to pass. Naruto asks why all of them are guarding him, and Shino's dad calmly responds by telling Naruto that once they're back inside, he'll explain everything. Naruto asks why they can't just talk outside, and then someone from among the crowd of guards speaks out, saying he'll talk to Naruto. Naruto watches in shock and confusion as Iruka steps out.

Analysis
    Pretty calm chapter, though you can feel the attempted hype over Choji. I'll admit it worked a little, seeing everyone on the battlefield regard him in fear, but anyone else could easily see it as bombastic, I just tend to see the lighter side of things. I'm happy Naruto finally realized something is going on. It took him way too long, he actually went through checking if giant animals were male or female, then finally reaches this point. I'm kind of curious to Bee's true intentions though. Surely he isn't stupid enough to not have seen Naruto's attempted escape in the signature 'Where's the bathroom' line? Then again, it is Bee...
    Another thing I found interesting in this chapter is the Hachibi. It's been confirmed that Edo Tensei was created by Tobirama, or at least that Tobirama used it. Since the Hachibi is as old as the Kyuubi and he's been around a fairly long time, why does he see Edo Tensei as 'Orochimaru's technique'? Perhaps the Hachibi doesn't know, but surely he's been around long enough to know that Tobirama used to use it. There is also the chance that he only said that so Bee could make the connection to Edo Tensei. I'm pretty sure Bee wouldn't know that Tobirama could use that jutsu, so if he used Orochimaru, Bee would understand.
    It was interesting to see Shino's dad in on something. The Abarame clan isn't really given much hype, or any hype, actually... so seeing Shino's dad acting in one of the most important positions is a but relaxing. It's kind of odd to see Iruka there. He obviously wasn't intended to be part of the guards, but he was probably placed there in case Naruto attempts to escape, after all- there's no way Iruka could fight off anything big Madara would send in.
    Two Sand Shinobi were shown in this chapter, which is pretty interesting since when looking from an overall perspective, the Sand Village doesn't have many noticeable abilities, but from what I've seen, they do have a pretty interesting ability to seal things away. Zabuza, Haku, and now Asuma, they have demonstrated a proficiency to sealing the edo tensei bodies away. I'm looking forward to seeing if more Sand Shinobi will be the sealers for future enemies, or if this just happened because the Sand tend to go unnoticed.

Final Comments
    I'd say the highlights were Choji's punch, and Naruto's escape. Other than that, there wasn't really much that happened in this chapter. Choji seems to have some sort of plan to stop the war, then again he could just mean going around and owning enemies just like the Ino-Shika-Cho formation trolled Kinkaku and Asuma. It was a pretty decent chapter, one that I actually enjoyed reading, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Naruto will take the news that there's a World War going on behind his back, and he's being locked up because he's the reason for the war alongside Bee.

That concludes my second review. I've taken mattiaildivino's advice and added a poll. I've decided to remove the rating because I feel it takes away from the chapter. There has to be awesome chapters, and normal chapters. To add a rating sort of belittles that cycle. We can't always have hyperness, and we can't always have calm moments. So that's why I didn't append a rating like in my first review... besides I tend to be too kind and give extra points anyways.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this. I added more analysis, and left the plot details the same. Please tell me if I should add/remove anything. Cheers

Fan of Kingdom Hearts? Check out the all new fansite below!

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Reviews: Naruto Chapter 534

I think hachibi picked up most of his info from the kumo war meeting. Its not a must to assume that he faced tobirama or orochimaru.

Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Very good,you have improved yourself very quickly,DaDarkDude!
    Personally,I would have added that this chapter is the last of volume 56 :P this is why Kishi made naruto appear again,in this manga it's the second time,and this manga is the first time that team 7 almost doesn't appear. However,you have been great !
    Thanks. I don't really follow which chapters fall into different volumes, so I didn't know it was the last part of Volume 6 :P .
    But that is a pretty good explanation of Naruto's appearance again.

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    I think hachibi picked up most of his info from the kumo war meeting. Its not a must to assume that he faced tobirama or orochimaru.
    I think so too. But Hachibi has been with the Kumo for a long time, so I would have thought he'd known Tobirama made/used the jutsu. But, I'm just overanalyzing.
    It makes perfect sense that he'd use Orochimaru's name for labeling the jutsu, I just thought that the Hachibi would be old enough and would have known it was really Tobirama's jutsu.

Thanks for the feedback guys :3

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

As a fellow reviewer (bakuman in my case) i want to thank you for this review, regardless of what you even wrote .

Back to the review itself. Personally, it took me a helluva amount of willpower to read it to the end. Nonstop-text is just impossible to read, unless its super-duper-mega-ultra interesting. So, if you'd add some pictures with some funny (or not) comments, it be WAY easier to read, IMO. I liked the "analysis" and "final comment" parts the most. Your "detailed plot summary" is basically the every single panel rewritten in plain text... (like shuujins new names).

Yeah, that makes up pretty much everything of my "review" of your "review". Think 'bout my advices to add some pictures, but keep in mind, that i have only one review myself, so far (second one's coming the next few days). Yeah, also, feel free to visit my review in the bakuman section, and tell my your opinion about it

Incase you haven't read bakuman, i highly recommend it. (not only so that you can comment my reviews then )
    Last edited by alphabeta; April 08, 2011 at 08:31 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Average review in my opinion - basically I agree up there: you should consider putting some panels/pages or some sort of graphic in between paragraphs. Even paragraphs I would put into, I don't know, 'finer' look or sth, because there's only text <just look at the detailed sumary - someone just see it and say: 'helluva, no way I will read it'> I would put them into smaller version or sth <I don't imply to shorten them, just to maybe arrange them in such a way to make MORE of them xd> My 5 cents

Quote Originally Posted by DaDarkDude
    I'd say the highlights were Choji's punch, and Naruto's escape. Other than that, there wasn't really much that happened in this chapter.
    Of course its based on opinions, however - I don't agree; ONLY that? Other than that:
    - Asuma's ET zombie finished = sealed
    - connected with this: finished development of characters here, especially Chouji's case, but also some battle development in department of Ino <I don't mind Shikamaru being by who he is and not showing sth "new" - he had his share in Hidan&Kakuzu arc>
    - explanation of 'butterfly mode' in general
    - rather insignificant, but I like such details: Suna shinobi are good <or maybe the best out of the villages if it means for randoms> in sealing abilities
    - connected to the punch of Chouji which you mentioned: probably it would be possible, BUT it was only to the "perfect formation" <attack> of the whole trio that this attack was so succesful
    - awesome cliffhanger with Chouji and co. going to "end" the battle
    - Naruto escaping? Rather, for now, Naruto meeting Iruka
    Actually there was a lot going on if you ask me
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    As a fellow reviewer (bakuman in my case) i want to thank you for this review, regardless of what you even wrote .

Back to the review itself. Personally, it took me a helluva amount of willpower to read it to the end. Nonstop-text is just impossible to read, unless its super-duper-mega-ultra interesting. So, if you'd add some pictures with some funny (or not) comments, it be WAY easier to read, IMO. I liked the "analysis" and "final comment" parts the most. Your "detailed plot summary" is basically the every single panel rewritten in plain text... (like shuujins new names).

Yeah, that makes up pretty much everything of my "review" of your "review". Think 'bout my advices to add some pictures, but keep in mind, that i have only one review myself, so far (second one's coming the next few days). Yeah, also, feel free to visit my review in the bakuman section, and tell my your opinion about it

Incase you haven't read bakuman, i highly recommend it. (not only so that you can comment my reviews then )
    I've actually not read Bakuman yet, but when I do I'll make sure to comment on your reviews
    I mainly write a detailed plot summary because I know sometimes when you're reading through a chapter, you tend to overlook some panels, or misinterpret them, so I kind of give my own interpretation just for clarification if anyone needs it.

And I'll try to put in images for next time. Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    Average review in my opinion - basically I agree up there: you should consider putting some panels/pages or some sort of graphic in between paragraphs. Even paragraphs I would put into, I don't know, 'finer' look or sth, because there's only text <just look at the detailed sumary - someone just see it and say: 'helluva, no way I will read it'> I would put them into smaller version or sth <I don't imply to shorten them, just to maybe arrange them in such a way to make MORE of them xd> My 5 cents

Of course its based on opinions, however - I don't agree; ONLY that? Other than that:
    - Asuma's ET zombie finished = sealed
    - connected with this: finished development of characters here, especially Chouji's case, but also some battle development in department of Ino <I don't mind Shikamaru being by who he is and not showing sth "new" - he had his share in Hidan&Kakuzu arc>
    - explanation of 'butterfly mode' in general
    - rather insignificant, but I like such details: Suna shinobi are good <or maybe the best out of the villages if it means for randoms> in sealing abilities
    - connected to the punch of Chouji which you mentioned: probably it would be possible, BUT it was only to the "perfect formation" <attack> of the whole trio that this attack was so succesful
    - awesome cliffhanger with Chouji and co. going to "end" the battle
    - Naruto escaping? Rather, for now, Naruto meeting Iruka
    Actually there was a lot going on if you ask me
    Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to implement some of your advice.

As for the extra stuff going on, I do agree, but I was just saying those two parts where basically the highlights: like what I felt were the big parts. But I agree the parts you listed also being interesting.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A suggestion I have would be to change your paragraph formatting or spacing. A clearer distinction between paragraphs would improve the readability of your review.

New Reply