Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Come make your nominations in Fairy Tail Awards.
New Reply

Thread: After The Timeskip

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail After The Timeskip

After the events of the Tartarus arc where we bid farewell to the dragons (after only just meeting them and seeing some for the first time), saw Mard Geer and his demon gates almost succeed in wiping out magic and Makarov's hesitation to use LH, Makarov decided it was time to let the brats "Fly free".

There was a one year timeskip after which Natsu returns and is determined to get the guild back together with the help Lucy and Happy, so we are close to seeing our FT mages once again and ofcourse timeskips come with change.

Natsu is significantly more powerful, Lucy seems a bit more adept at gauging power levels and Happy is well...Happy.

What changes can we expect from the other members? What have they been up to?
    Power-ups? New abilities? Different looks?

Any other changes in the FT world (like the other guilds, Wizard saints, Jellal's redemption gang etc) as well as plot applies. Do we get a little catch-up with the gang and a filler arc or 2 before END/Zeref/Acnologia or perhaps there are interesting things to come before that?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Holt; February 14, 2015 at 12:36 PM.

Come participate in the Fairy Tail Awards!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: After The Timeskip

The biggest question is : Who are the new villains ? We've seen Natsu and the others taking on Tartaros, judging that they got stronger as much as Natsu during the timeskip, is there anyone left to oppose them except END/Zeref/Acnologia ? Those 3 Gods of Ishval perhaps ? Or will Zeref create some uber demons again ?

Right now, and logically speaking, Tartaros will get their asses kicked badly if they fight with the current FT members... So I'd like to see how the author will pull this

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

There's bound to be some sort of confrontation with the 3 gods of ishval at some point IMO.

I doubt Zeref would create more demons (or any that could match FT now). He's emotions and mindset are all over the place. I'd reckon creating demons strong enough to challenge FT would require zeref to be at his best which doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Its possible there's been some dark guild lurking all this while and perhaps they've gotten strong enough to get on the big stage. We did see sabertooth come up as pretty strong opponents in the last timeskip even though we knew nothing of them prior.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe top 3 wizards and their guild if they have their guild. I just dont who else can they beat. They won again Tartarus.

We will probably see few more arc until all fairy tail is returned as they used to be before timeskip.

I just dont know who can stand against them now. They were powerful before time skip and we saw Natsy after time skip and they are all monsters. Their power is at least doubled.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

True but I doubt the other guilds just sat on their ass during the timeskip.
    Others probably got a lot stronger too.
    I don't think the guild would reassemble so soon though.

I think, they might temporarily get together to fight some powerful enemy, then closer to the end (zeref/acnologia), they'll finally officially reassemble as Fairy Tail.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the story arcs:

Until know everything was pretty much about the country of Fiore. If I remember correctly Warrod said that the 4 Gods of Ishval are the most powerful mages on this continent so I expect an invasion from another continent with their strongest mages.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wooticus View Post
    As for the story arcs:

Until know everything was pretty much about the country of Fiore. If I remember correctly Warrod said that the 4 Gods of Ishval are the most powerful mages on this continent so I expect an invasion from another continent with their strongest mages.
    Well, we weren't told anything about other continents. Fiore is a country in the FT world but its not the only one. There are a number of others, so perhaps we could get antagonists from these countries.

Its possible the other countries exist in another continent but there's no need to make a distinction for that. The magic council rules the world of magic on earthland as far as we know, so I'd say the Ten wizard saints are supposed to be the strongest in the FT world of magic since the council basically oversees the magic world and gave them the title. Although we know the Wizard saints are not necessarily 'the' strongest.

Additionally, some of the wizard saints could possibly hail from one or two of the other countries.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the other members of Grimoire Heart who were not yet shown to have died? I honestly don't want to see any new characters get introduced and hyped up and then easily stomped. I think the story needs more Zeref and Acnologia-like characters which can actually stomp or even rival a serious and nakama power-upped FT. I thought Raven Tail would be that guild but it was disappointing that they had to be included in the Daimatou Enbu arc where the story-line would've been too messed up if they also shone like Sabertooth. With this time skip though, I want to see more of RT especially since it has been previously revealed that there's some connection between Obra and Zeref.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well grimoire hearts main members were taken out.
    As for raven tail, that's certainly an interesting angle. It would be a bit difficult to redeem them and reinforce their strength considering only Laxus sufficed to take down the entire guild.

If Mashima can pull it off without it looking like bullshit, they could make be next big guys FT has to face. They also have a connection to FT so it is really plausible.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened during the timeskip

So, it seems that we are now entering a long arc about rebuilding Fairy Tail.

If Wendy's arc is a good exemple of what is coming next, we can expect something like 3 chapters per Fairy Tail members that Natsu is getting back.

I wanted to use that thread to discuss our predictions for the whole arc.

We already know what Wendy was doing and we now have a good idea about Juvia.
    But, what do you think the old members have been up to during this year?

-------------

Wendy
    Join Lamia Scale

Juvia
    Sulking in a town over Gray abandonning her again

Gray
    Killing demons as a lone wolf (a la Sasuke)

Gajeel
    Training? Arena figthing?
    Singing?

I don't expect him to be with Levy, but wouldn't it be nice if they spent the whole year together?!

Erza
    Kicking ass, for sure.

I would be surprised if she would have joined Crime Sorciere to be with Jellal, but that would be nice if they could have finally spend some time togehter

A real big surprise would be to have her be one of the 10 Wizards Saints!

Laxus and his gang
    Probably created his own guild, but might disband it to rejoin with Fairy Tail

The Strauss (Mirajane, Elfman and Lisanna)
    I'm sure they are all together, but I don't really know where they might have ended up

Levy and her followers
    I don't think we will have even a chapter on them, but I'm sure she's been studying a lot and might have learn a few things that will be useful at some point.

Alzack and Bisca
    Probably had another baby in the timeskip and are dealing with doing guild mission while having to care for a kid and a new baby. Funny stuff!

Cana
    Probably drunk somewhere!

I think that, like the rest of the guild, she will simply automatically rejoin when she learns about the guild being rebuilt.

Makarov
    He will be the last to rejoin the guild.

I think that finding him will lead to the next big arc, since he seems to have disappeared.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happened during the timeskip

I think Erza or Laxus may have joined 10 Wizards Saints, but Laxus having the best chance as he beat one of the Saints and took out an entire guild. But I see nearly everyone else training, and maybe Gajeel singing. Though if he was, why didn't Lucy mention it?

Same

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SirSamuel016's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If we assume other mages joined guilds, I'd say...
    - Cana maybe being with Quatro Cerberus, seeing she was close with Bacchus.
    - Erza joining Mermaid Heel due to Kagura and Millianna being there
    - Mira & Lisanna Strauss in Blue Pegasus, with elfman going down a darker path (like you know who if you read the 424 spoilers :O)
    - Makarov may well be about to die
    - Laxus travelling around (I doubt he'd join the wizard saints as we need him to take over FT as Guild Master at some point.)
    - Gray goes evil on us
    - Gajeel & Levy living together with Jet & Droy somewhere, probably not affiliated with a guild.

Thats all I've got.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure it will be that long. Natsu set the kingdom's castle on fire, that is bound to have been found out by other members. I think it is a matter of natsu sort of running into the plot here. He will probably gather a few members and then he will run into something which will become a new arc. And then members will join them... I wouldn't be surprised if the master contacts them once they have a couple more members and sends them on a mission or something. Odds are at least laxus is with the master too and that probably also means the raijinjishu will be there too.

New Reply