Who do you guys think is the greatest genius in Naruto. We have a lot of powerful people, some of them are geniuse based on hard work, and some mostly cuz of their bloodline. How do you rank them ?
1. Naruto - learned Rasengan in three days, took Rasengan to the next level, where his father and Kakashi failed. Able to use Kyuubi's chakra (not tails, just chakra) at will. Never give up attitude pushes him to greater levels.
2. Minato - Said to be the greatest ninja ever produced by Konoha. Creator of hirashin, rasengan and the shiki fuujin. Said to be a rare decade genius. He is so great that Jiraiya would have bragged.
3. Oro - Said to be once in a decade genius by the professor Sandaime. Part of the genius trio the sannin. Has created many jutsu's and has extensive knowledge of jutsu's.
4. Sasuke - Sharingan wonder boy, has amazing growth, skills wise. Was able to change chidori into multiple variations. Oro complimented that even he was nothing compared to Sasuke at his age. Mastery of Sharingan and CS gives him an edge during fights.
5. Shikamaru - Said to have genius intellect. Is able to imagine over 200 possiblities during a fight. Able to change strategies to include new member in an instant. His plans has a low failure rate.
Last edited by TheChosenOne; January 29, 2008 at 08:31 PM.
There are so many characters whom I would call geniuses that it is quite difficult to choose. Although I won't include him in my list since he is not really much of a character, I would say that Rikudosennin, the creator of all of the jutsu in the ninja world, is the greatest genius of them all. One would have to be accomplish such a feat. I have made my list based on intelligence, mastery of jutsu, and analytical skills.
1. Sandaime - Said to have mastered every jutsu in Konoha, his legendary knowledge of jutsu earned him the title of "the Professor." I think a lot of the fans don't give enough credit to Sandaime. We know he had a huge reputation, but we did not get to see as many amazing and flashy things have we have seen from the other two most popular hokage, Yondaime and Shodai. What we did see of his skills, however, are quite the testament to his genius. I doubt that Kishimoto is going to focus much more on him than he already has, which I think is a shame as he was such a truly gifted and amazing shinobi.
2. Yondaime - An amazing ninja considered to be the greatest ninja to come from the Hidden Leaf, Minato Namikaze is undoubtedly a genius as evidenced through the creation of several powerful and effective jutsu, such as the Hirashin and Rasengan.
3. Orochimaru - Love him or hate him, I think it is hard to deny that this freak has an impressive intellect and knowledge of jutsu. Through his experimentation, he has discovered many amazing jutsu and has transformed himself into an immortal entity, becoming a true sennin as well as a sannin.
4. Kabuto - Another evil genius, his knowledge of human body is so great that he can even reanimate the dead temporarily. His knowledge and skill in medical jutsu is said to rival that of Tsunade's in her prime. Plus, by participating Orochimaru's experiments, he has only further increased his knowledge base. On top of that, he is an extremely competent shinobi, having been compared to Kakashi in terms of skill.
5. Shikamaru - The last spot over which I have toiled I am giving to Shikamaru. He has not yet made any spectular jutsu; in fact, I'm sure that his knowledge of jutsu is nowhere nearly as impressive as the others on my list, but he is genius tactician. I am not going to repeat the reason since TheChosenOne has stated it elegantly enough, but out of all of the other characters, his intellect and analytical ability put him in the Top 5 for me.
Last edited by Tsukisama; January 28, 2008 at 12:13 AM.
Who do you guys think is the greatest genius in Naruto?
Genius intellectually or genius with jutsu?
Intellectually (as so far seen), Shikamaru- hands down. I'm a little biased, but come on- he took down an immortal Akatsuki member with sheer wits.
Jutsu-wise... is hard to say. Kakashi is damn sure up there, and we still haven't seen but the tip of the iceberg of his jutsus. He also uses them to their maximum capability under the harshest of settings- a truly astounding genius.
And then there's Orochimaru, who had absolutely no limits on the production of the craziest forbidden jutsu. The man who used (some created), techniques that included resurrection, body-snatching, shedding skin, the various cursed seals, using three Rashoumon at once, inventive use of the Kusanagi, and let's not forget that crazy-tidal-wave-of-sword-mouthed-snakes no jutsu. He's up there too.
And then we have Sasugay. Obviously I'm not a fan, but he is damn sure up there. Having incredible growth in just a couple of years, he completely mastered his element of lightning (using his other element of fire with nearly as much ease), and masterfully using genjutsu in adverse situations. Still a step behind his brother (or so it currently seems), but still seems like he's more of a genius than Itachi (I don't count killing your best friend to obtain some insanely powerful doujutsu that gives you dominion over seemingly everything on the planet as being a genius).
There's the unconventional genius, Naruto, whose Kagebunshin training gives him years of training and experience in just a few days time. Learned the Rasengan, an S-class jutsu that any normal genin could not have learned. Talent is in the blood though it seems, as his father was hailed as the greatest ninja to come out of Konoha- although it isn't fair to put him in this list, as we know so little about him; likewise to predecessors (we never even saw Sandaime in his prime).
The genius of hard-work, Lee, is also worth mentioning. As with Naruto, he's unconventional in the sense that he became a ninja through Taijutsu alone, an absolutely mind-blowing feat in ninja world. Can open the Celestial Gates, something that even Neji couldn't do. It's important to note that we aren't sure of Lee's limits in Part II, so it's very possible that he could have mastered the first few gates and can use them freely, like Gai.
...phew, I'm tired of writing.
Lee is not just a genius of hard work, he has the intellect and strength like Sasuke and neji to learn jutsu's. Lee knows a lot of forbidden moves and knows the opening of the gates, which Kakashi states is not something that is achieved with hard work, you have to be a genius. Which puts lee up there with neji and the others.Quote:
I would list Kabuto as my number one choice, You know the saying behind every successful man is a women, I think Oro would be no where near what he is without Kabuto's help, Kabuto to me is a genius.
There are so many characters in this manga whom one could consider to be geniuses that it would probably be easier to name the characters who aren't geniuses.
Last edited by Franckie; February 02, 2008 at 06:35 PM.
i vote for Kakashi. Maybe, Sasuke, when he stops being freaky emo. Definitely, not Naruto.
*that's just IMHO,'case it's not possible to rank them all*
I think Neji should at least be given a mention. He figured out his clans techniques all on his own and is better than Hinata, who gets personally trained by the clans leader!
stated that Sasuke's growth isn't normal and Tsunade confirmed that Sasuke must be using forbidden jutsu or drugs to help with his abnormal growth.
What does being tutored by Madara have anything to do, Madara, it came down to what Itachi was able to accomplish in his training.Quote:
Oro did not say that Sasuke was a greater genius, what he said was that Sasuke at his age was greater than Oro during the same age, Sasuke 15 > Oro 15. Sasuke has Oro who has knowledge of jutsu that surpasses others, and he also had Kabuto who is a medical specialist. Sakura said Kabuto could have done experiments and Sasuke was most likely administrated drugs to increase his growth.Quote: