Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Gintama 552 (2) , One Piece 794 by cnet128 , Bleach 635 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unknown Yonkou: Kaidou and the mysterious fourth one

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yonkou Study (of the unknowns)

A study of the two faces of the unknown members of the Yonkou

http://www.eastblue.net/picture/mang.../emperor03.jpg

Under his left eye, this emperor seems to have a " mouche " (french word meaning fly). Indeed, Oda has let a white little circle which means there is something special here.
    A mouche is a false beauty spot which was above all used in the XVIIIth century and was the symbol of finery and was stuck on the face.
    The mouche was used by the women ; so, the emperor - if it is as I think a mouche - must be a woman.

Another interesting thing is that the mouche was stuck on the face and some localizations have a special meaning about the personnality and the temperament of the person.
    Here, the emperor have a mouche near the eye which means the emperor is a murderous person OR a passionate person.

This second possibility reminds me of Lola's temperament. Plus, Lola said that her mother was a famous pirate in NW. If this mouche really means the woman is a passionate person, it could really be Lola's mom because she should be passionate and she is obviously a woman.

If it means murderous person, it reminds me more of Kaidou (who killed Moria's nakamas) but it would mean Kaidou is a woman (Kaidou could also be Lola's mom and have the both temperaments) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh
    Did you guy notice that in chapter 0, during the Edd war, Oda showed 3 captain pirates that were in Golden Shiki's fleet ? And did you notice one of this captain pirate was a female pirate ? Not a mere female pirate, a female pirate who had a tatoo on this foreheard : the word LOVE !

Could she be the last Yonkou, Big Mom ? The love theme, the gender and the age fit. Here she is.
    edit : she appears in the movie Strong World and is still a Captain under Shiki.

http://www.eastblue.net/picture/mang.../emperor04.jpg

Here, the emperor seems to have as pirate badge a moon. Can he be inspired of the pirate of Romance Dawn who had a " moon moustache " ? On the picture, it is possible to have a moustache under the nose because this emperor is a man and his face is dark under his nose and above his mouth. Plus, the emperor got a moon as pirate badge ... And in Romance Dawn, the " moon moustache " pirate said he will kill Luffy. I know this should have nothing to do with the story of the manga but it could be a way to introduce this yonkou as a sort of similar guy to this one who was supposed to fight again against Luffy and try to kill him (his boat was sunk by Luffy).

His moon symbol, on his hat, is obviously at his last quarter. Does someone know the mythological meaning, the beliefs etc ... of the last quarter of the moon ?

The moon can be linked to calendars (DF of time) and farming/growing (DF of nature/wood/plants).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Sabo may have survived and lost his memory :
    " The thing I'm most scared of is getting swallowed up in this country and becoming a completely different human being. "
    The best thing would be that he is Kaidou, the one that tried to stop Whitebeard from saving Ace. That's possible since we don't know when Moria was beaten by Kaidou.

X. Drake's will to meet Kaidou makes me think there is some past story involved there. The supernova was a Rear Admiral who decided to quit the Marine, and who currently wants to meet the Yonkou Kaidou as soon as possible. There come some new theories.

To me, X. Drake is a clever character and he knows very well that he and his crew doesn't stand any chance against the Yonkou. So I guess that X. Drake has some business to do with him, possibly about the Pacifista program - remember that he revealed in Shabondy that he has some information about it.

About Kaidou's past, I bet he was a former Marine Vice-Admiral and the Commander of the former G-5 Marine Base. That's why X. Drake wants to meet him and that is also how he met Moria in the New World. He only spared Moria's life and not his crewmates' because Moria was a famous Pirate Captain and thus could be turned into a Shichibukai by the government.

Kaidou's recent decision to attack the Whitebeard Pirates was only to prevent them from going to Marineford. He thought that Whitebeard would destroy the MHQ and sink the island. If he wanted to take Whitebeard's head, he would have done it before IMO. He wanted to protect MHQ as a former Marine for some reasons, probably because it brings peace to the citizen of the World Government.

The New World is also under the complete ruling of pirates because of Kaidou's defection. With this, the Marine lost a lot of their power they had got there after the Pirate King's death. Some islands which were under the G-5 Marine Base's control also became Kaidou's. The Marine has recently developed a new G-5 Marine Base in the New World but it is always full of problems.

Kaidou may have decided to turn into a Yonkou because there was no way for Marines to deal with New World. As a pirate, he got the right to do anything and he doesn't need to follow the MHQ's policy regarding New World's population, prisoners etc...

So I think he still wants as a ex-Marine to protect MHQ who is great to bring peace to Paradise and the Four seas but that does not mean he is not a bad guy in New World. Remember that it is the place where pirates gather, so a Marine or an ex-Marine could turn into an evil person there.

Kaidou could be a true nightmare because unlike other Yonkou - Whitebeard, Shanks and maybe Big Mom - he doesn't make pirates his allies but kills them without any mercy.
    In this case, Kaidou would be the ultimate bad guy in New World and the Straw Hat Pirates would have to fight him if they met him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; August 09, 2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: ADD NEW INFORMATION

2. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yonkou Study (of the unknowns)

There are no pictures.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../df/Yonkou.JPG

The fatter Yonkou is drawn like a man, and that line on the left side of his nose could be a moustache. He looks like a french nobleman anyway.

And the thing on the other Yonkou's forehead looks like a skull. To me.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is also possible that this is a man because some guys might have used mouche even it is was a woman finery. I have to agree that the hair of this emperor looks similar to the french wigs and I think he is inspired of a french pirate too. The emperor reminds me the French Pirate Lord in Pirates of the Carribean 3.

I don't think this is a skull : on the hat, you see two part, a white part and a dark one that is shadow. On the white part, you see a moon (at his last quarter) design. If you really look on the quality picture I have put, you can see, on the white part, a sort of thin moustache that remounts at his extremity ; and a sort of pinocchio nose that touches the beginning of the shadow part.
    This moon at his last quarter seems to the face of a pirate in profile for me (so, you only see the right part of the moustache).

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

can't see your pics either , so there's not much basis for talking

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    can't see your pics either , so there's not much basis for talking
    Hmm, this is because it is eastblue.net images, they prevent their images to be linked/used as avatars etc : I had forgotten.

But they have a great quality and you can see very well the form of the shadow etc ...

Use this link :
    http://www.eastblue.net/pages/manga/...ages/index.php
    and then, you have to click on that to see their picture :
    Troisième Empereur Inconnu (the mouche emperor)
    Quatrième Empereur Inconnu (the moon emperor)

You'll see their two faces (sorry if it is a french website).
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; February 26, 2009 at 08:11 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we should not forget that Oda drew all shishibukai in the east blue saga but they don't not resemble the shishibukai we all know (except for Mihawk).

But still I could imagine that Lola's mom is a yonkou so she should be the fat one and really ugly xD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I think we should not forget that Oda drew all shishibukai in the east blue saga but they don't not resemble the shishibukai we all know (except for Mihawk).

But still I could imagine that Lola's mom is a yonkou so she should be the fat one and really ugly xD
    jeah but the shichibukai looked similar, the yonkous not

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The shadows of the Schichibukai were mere normal shadows whereas the Yonkous'image is not only mere shadow. He has showed us their form and some part of their face has been revealed, what he didn't do with the Schichibukai.
    So, the Yonkou will respect the " shadows " (it's not shadows in reality) Oda drew.
    Plus, don't you see Shanks and WB are really looking similar to their " shadows. So, the two last ones will not be exception.

Moreover, as the time he drew the Yonkous'shadow, Oda already knew globally how the manga will advance, what he didn't know at the beginning of the manga when he introduced the Shichis'shadows. Now, he know what he will do with the emperors in the manga (Don't we see the names of Yonkous appearing since a long time ?).
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; February 26, 2009 at 04:58 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That's such a basic theory. Moria offended Lola for instance, he called her a japanese name for a old woman that yet didn't married. I can imagine the grudge to Lola being Kaidou daughter... yek, I don't know if Kaidou is a japanese for male or female. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Unknown Yonkou: Kaidou and the mysterious fourth one

Perhaps something I want to find out more than who Kaidou and the last Yonkou are, is what abilities they have. Maybe they have a insanely-powerful DF? Or immense haki power? A gigantic crew? etc.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Oda work on that Graccio family filler arc?

It was shown there that Puzzle's ship was attacked by a pretty huge ship which fired some flaming rocks at them. Looked like comets.

Anyway, I saw that pic on the french site and it could still be a skull. Even a skull turned upside down. We don't exactly know how much detail Oda wanted to put into it. It doesn't look much like a moon to me. But maybe it's not so important after all. Just a rubberband which he changes from time to time.
    In any case, there's not much we can conclude from that sign. We can theorize about his possible flag but that's it. For all we know, maybe it isn't his flag at all.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I am curious as to why Oda has not even mentioned the name of the fourth Yonku yet.
    The Yonku with the bigger smile could be a man or an ugly woman. If a woman it could be Lola's mother, does not mean it has to be. The Yonku at the bottom of the page is likely Kaidou, if not then the top is Kaidou and the bottom is definitely a man.

In the manga the character have boasted that Hancock is the most beautiful and strongest pirate, if she is then the fourth may not be a woman. I don't think Hancok is the strongest pirate, because there is a possibility that Lola's mother is a Yonku.

I definitely would like to have a woman as one of the Yonku.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... being a Yonko mean you have one of the most powerfull crew in the world, not necessary that you are all strong just by yourself...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Yonkou can be assumed to be ridiculously strong.

Also, I thought that symbol was on the lower Yonkou's hat at first as well, but the anime shows it quite clearly on the upper guy's chin. Looking back at the manga it looks like that fits just as well.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Study of the faces of the two last yonkous Oda shown us when Garp first introduced them.

Under his left eye, this emperor seems to have a " mouche " (french word meaning fly). Indeed, Oda has let a white little circle which means there is something special here.
    A mouche is a false beauty spot which was above all used in the XVIIIth century and was the symbol of finery and was stuck on the face.
    The mouche was used by the women ; so, the emperor - if it is as I think a mouche - must be a woman.

Another interesting thing is that the mouche was stuck on the face and some localizations have a special meaning about the personnality and the temperament of the person.
    Here, the emperor have a mouche near the eye which means the emperor is a murderous person OR a passionate person.

This second possibility reminds me of Lola's temperament. Plus, Lola said that her mother was a famous pirate in NW. If this mouche really means the woman is a passionate person, it could really be Lola's mom because she should be passionate and she is obviously a woman.

If it means murderous person, it reminds me more of Kaidou (who killed Moria's nakamas) but it would mean Kaidou is a woman (Kaidou could also be Lola's mom and have the both temperaments) ...

Here, the emperor seems to have as pirate badge a moon. Can he be inspired of the pirate of Romance Dawn who had a " moon moustache " ? On the picture, it is possible to have a moustache under the nose because this emperor is a man and his face is dark under his nose and above his mouth. Plus, the emperor got a moon as pirate badge ... And in Romance Dawn, the " moon moustache " pirate said he will kill Luffy. I know this should have nothing to do with the story of the manga but it could be a way to introduce this yonkou as a sort of similar guy to this one who was supposed to fight again against Luffy and try to kill him (his boat was sunk by Luffy).

His moon symbol, on his hat, is obviously at his last quarter. Does someone know the mythological meaning, the beliefs etc ... of the last quarter of the moon ?

The moon can be linked to calendars (DF of time) and farming/growing (DF of nature/wood/plants).
    whoa, thats very interesting.

something id like to mention, if noone else has posted it, the smile of one of the silouheettes resembles Kokoro the Sea Train Lady, so it may be a fish person.

as for lola's ma, i doubt shes a yonkou, no reason, just seems unlikely

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast