Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (8/10/15 - 8/23/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 639 by cnet128 , Gintama 555 (2) , One Piece 796 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84
Results 1,246 to 1,252 of 1252

Thread: The Great Books! ( And What Are You Currently Reading? )

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Great Books! ( And What Are You Currently Reading? )

Awesome, I suppose. But I'm more preoccupied with when he and Denna are gonna do the do.

I'll read Slow Regard after I get a couple of other TBRs out of the way and I get my copy back from my friend.

Looking forward to the next novel, but I'm a little confused as to how Rothfuss will tie this up with just a single novel?

I mean, he has wonderful pacing and it seems out-of-style for him to wrap up the series in only 1000 more pages?

Anyone else concerned?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Palestine
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone read "White Noise" by Don DeLillo? I've heard nothing but rave reviews from my friends about it so I'm getting it as soon as I can afford new books.

I'M A COMMUNIST

I got by Kaiten.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. It's an apocalyptic story with interesting characters. It has got only praise from both critics and writers. A really good read.

Noblesse Forever!

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Anyone read "White Noise" by Don DeLillo? I've heard nothing but rave reviews from my friends about it so I'm getting it as soon as I can afford new books.
    Haven't read of it and I don't think I've heard of it either. Will keep it in mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. It's an apocalyptic story with interesting characters. It has got only praise from both critics and writers. A really good read.
    Is it Young Adult novel? I have to say I'm pretty sick of post apocalyptic YA stuff.

Anyway, I finished reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.

This was a great read. There is this really strange/eerie feeling to the book the entire time. Like something is very wrong and disturbing, but you aren't sure of what it is. Another interesting thing is that you never once learn the name of the protagonist. And she's the narrator, so it's just quite strange. A quirky, wonderful classic. I would suggest it, especially if you like things like Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, or those sorts of stories.

I also just finished the first novel in the Artemis Fowl series. I never got around to reading this as a kid/teen, but grew up hearing about it all the time. I made a deal with a girl at work that if she read the first The Name of the Wind novel, then I would read the Artemis Fowl series. And I'm pleased I made the deal!

Artemis Fowl is a cleverly written fantasy. The main character is a little shit and closer to a villain than hero, not to mention the humor in the book is funny and witty. It's almost like reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for a slightly younger audience.

Repenting Smut Peddler MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Lesotho
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Is it Young Adult novel? I have to say I'm pretty sick of post apocalyptic YA stuff.
    I wouldn't classify it as such. It has an interesting premise for a post-apocalyptic novel and when I read it months ago, I deeply enjoyed it. I suggest you to give it a try.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I have - years ago - I think it's a good book, but personally speaking I believe other Don DeLillo's books are better. Maybe White Noise is a good entry point for those who never read Don DeLillo before.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Prince by Machiavelli

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    It's not YA stuff. While it's post apocalyptic story it doesn't have the usual story telling (except the virus killing everyone part). Please give it a try.

Noblesse Forever!

New Reply
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84