Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/23/15 - 3/1/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
The fourth Naruto databook, titled "Hiden: Jin no Sho" ("Secret Tradition: Scroll of Formation") has finally been announced! It will be released on November 4, alongside Volume 71.
According to this tiny blurb, it'll contain data on 270 shinobi and 232 jutsu. It will be nearly 400 pages long.
Wonder how long till it gets translated...
Took quite a long period of time. At long last, some of the 'unclear' statements/techniques will be thoroughly explained.
Surprisingly, I'm pretty excited for this one. If for nothing else than to get clarification on a lot of the vague happenings within the manga.
I knew the fourth databook was gonna be release at the end of the series. I honestly can't wait for it. Given that the third was brought over, and the English manga is closing in on the end too, that gives me hope that the fourth will be brought over by next year.
Copying the link I posted in the discussion thread.
I fully translated what's available of the Shinobi Compendium over on the Naruto wiki:
Notable bullet points:
- The Otsutsuki clan migrated to Earth from another world in search of the Divine Tree's fruit.
- After sealing the Gedo Statue, Hamura took leadership of the clan and decreed that they would guard the statue, while Hagoromo stayed behind to preach ninshu to the people.
- When he realized he was near death, Hagoromo partitioned the Ten Tails' chakra to create the bodies of the nine Tailed Beasts.
- After being tempted by Black Zetsu, Indra rejected "ninshu" and in defiance used his inherent talent to invent "ninjutsu," with which he challenged Asura. Thus Indra was the originator and first user of ninjutsu.
- Creation of All Things is fully named "Creation of All Things Technique" (万物創造の術, Banbutsu Sōzō no Jutsu)
- Although the "fragments of Yin-Yang Release" form the basis of many techniques, shinobi have historically been unable ''truly'' use Yin-Yang Release.
- It states that Naruto was able to perfectly demonstrate the power of Yin-Yang Release after obtaining Hagoromo's power. The panel this caption goes with is the one in which Naruto is trying to explain to Sakura how he created Kakashi's new left eye, meaning he used Yin-Yang Release to create it, not just Yang Release to "regenerate" it.
- The Uchiha tended to inherit Yin Release power, while the Senju tended to inherit Yang Release power.
- Genjutsu, including those cast with the Sharingan, are primarily Yin Release.
- Many hiden (secret tradition) jutsu are based on Yin Release and Yang Release.
- The Akimichi Clan's body expansion techniques are Yang Release.
- The Nara Clan's shadow manipulation techniques are Yin Release.
Man I'm hyped for this databook! Everything can be explained in detail and further explored. In so glad Kishi does these
---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------
I want a deeper understanding of what "ninshuu" is. I never really understood it, because if I FRS is the first ninjutsu user, how do you classify Hogoromos techniques?
Hm... Aoda lives in Ryuuichi-do huh... Kinda makes you wonder why it was so hard for Orochimaru and Kabuto to find the place. Why didn't they just use reverse summoning? It's also neat that Aoda is almost as strong as his dad.Originally Posted by new databook entry on Aoda
I would assume that's where all the snakes are from. Just like all the toads are from Mount Myōboku
What the hell? Neji has three elements damn as a fan am very disappointed we didn't even get to see him use one or combined it with his gentle fist style. I've always wondered if hyuga's use elements differently than other shinobi do to their fighting style. The only way I see Kakashi having five elements would be because of numerous battles against different opponents cause him to pick up a thing or two but the yin-yang that's bull.
A honestly can't say how I feel... A can't say which one is bigger... The ansiety or the disapointment... It's great that we finally get explained many of the techniques, characters backgrounds and history (although, i noticed that there isn't any entry for Sandaime Mizukage) but the biggest disapointment i have is related with the character charts... And this just show us that the war arc was like a totaly diferent story than the story told so far... So far we had focus on teir strength, speed, knowledge of ninjutsu taijutsu and genjutsu... but now? The power charts just show us where the manga went... Kekkei Genkais, Special powers, etc...etc... Plus, it gives us indication of the nature afinities one has, but that we never got to see... What diference does it make to learn that neji has 3 natures? He never even used one... For me, this even goes to show how Kishi failled in develloping other characters besides Naruto and Sasuke... I've just thought of Neji using his Hakeshou Kaiten with Wind natures chakra... or throwing his Kuushou with fire... (just checked his chart, he has afinity to fire, water and earth, so he can't do a kaiten with a wind technique, but even using his kaiten with water or fire should be awsome... Better than that... Neji using his 64shou with fire...) (side note - Hinata also has afinity with fire... could her Juuho Soushiken - the attack she used on Pain - be her using fire?)
I've spent so many hours trying to give values for all those ninjas who weren't rated that only appeared after the last Databook, around 6 years waiting for this Databook to come out... only to find out that that chart isn't anymore...
Another thing i'm disapointed is that i noticed that some ninjas didn't got their Registration number revealed... why? it isn't a big deal, it's just a minor information, but if he had the trouble to stablish a registration number for the vilages ninjas, why couldn't he just keep up with it?
Another thing i'm surprised was how young Minato really is... he was just 24 when he died... Even younger than Kakashi when the manga started, and yet he was already Hokage...