Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/9/15 - 3/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Databook "Hiden: Jin no Sho" coming November 4, 2014

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New Databook "Hiden: Jin no Sho" coming November 4, 2014

The fourth Naruto databook, titled "Hiden: Jin no Sho" ("Secret Tradition: Scroll of Formation") has finally been announced! It will be released on November 4, alongside Volume 71.

According to this tiny blurb, it'll contain data on 270 shinobi and 232 jutsu. It will be nearly 400 pages long.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Databook "Hiden: Jin no Sho" coming November 4, 2014

Wonder how long till it gets translated...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Took quite a long period of time. At long last, some of the 'unclear' statements/techniques will be thoroughly explained.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprisingly, I'm pretty excited for this one. If for nothing else than to get clarification on a lot of the vague happenings within the manga.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew the fourth databook was gonna be release at the end of the series. I honestly can't wait for it. Given that the third was brought over, and the English manga is closing in on the end too, that gives me hope that the fourth will be brought over by next year.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=602898

Copying the link I posted in the discussion thread.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I fully translated what's available of the Shinobi Compendium over on the Naruto wiki:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/User:FF...obi_Compendium

Notable bullet points:
    • The Otsutsuki clan migrated to Earth from another world in search of the Divine Tree's fruit.
    • After sealing the Gedo Statue, Hamura took leadership of the clan and decreed that they would guard the statue, while Hagoromo stayed behind to preach ninshu to the people.
    • When he realized he was near death, Hagoromo partitioned the Ten Tails' chakra to create the bodies of the nine Tailed Beasts.
    • After being tempted by Black Zetsu, Indra rejected "ninshu" and in defiance used his inherent talent to invent "ninjutsu," with which he challenged Asura. Thus Indra was the originator and first user of ninjutsu.
    • Creation of All Things is fully named "Creation of All Things Technique" (万物創造の術, Banbutsu Sōzō no Jutsu)
    • Although the "fragments of Yin-Yang Release" form the basis of many techniques, shinobi have historically been unable ''truly'' use Yin-Yang Release.
    • It states that Naruto was able to perfectly demonstrate the power of Yin-Yang Release after obtaining Hagoromo's power. The panel this caption goes with is the one in which Naruto is trying to explain to Sakura how he created Kakashi's new left eye, meaning he used Yin-Yang Release to create it, not just Yang Release to "regenerate" it.
    • The Uchiha tended to inherit Yin Release power, while the Senju tended to inherit Yang Release power.
    • Genjutsu, including those cast with the Sharingan, are primarily Yin Release.
    • Many hiden (secret tradition) jutsu are based on Yin Release and Yang Release.
      • The Akimichi Clan's body expansion techniques are Yang Release.
      • The Nara Clan's shadow manipulation techniques are Yin Release.

9. Thanks 14 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I'm hyped for this databook! Everything can be explained in detail and further explored. In so glad Kishi does these

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I want a deeper understanding of what "ninshuu" is. I never really understood it, because if I FRS is the first ninjutsu user, how do you classify Hogoromos techniques?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by new databook entry on Aoda
    Kanji: アオダ
    Databook romanisation: AODA
    Village: —

Ninja registration number: —
    Birthday: 1st October (? years old, Libra)
    Height: ? cm Weight: ? kg Blood type: ?
    Personality: Simple

↑ By weavingly making progress through the gaps between waiting enemies, it easily broke through the center of the enemy's lines!!

How [can I serve you? or so], Sasuke-sama

Boldly pushing forward without shaking, serving its master with loyalty, a calm and level-headed great python snake!

A big snake that lives in the Dragon Earth Cave and was summoned by Sasuke. It's endowed with a body and strength that comes close to Manda and Second Manda, as well as an infrared-ray sensing organ. It once saved Sasuke's life and has been loyal to him ever since. [TN: Not sure about this last sentence]
    Hm... Aoda lives in Ryuuichi-do huh... Kinda makes you wonder why it was so hard for Orochimaru and Kabuto to find the place. Why didn't they just use reverse summoning? It's also neat that Aoda is almost as strong as his dad.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would assume that's where all the snakes are from. Just like all the toads are from Mount Myōboku

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Erinyes's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Here a link, Enjoy .

Some chosen pics:
    Spoiler show

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. ", George Bernard Shaw.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What the hell? Neji has three elements damn as a fan am very disappointed we didn't even get to see him use one or combined it with his gentle fist style. I've always wondered if hyuga's use elements differently than other shinobi do to their fighting style. The only way I see Kakashi having five elements would be because of numerous battles against different opponents cause him to pick up a thing or two but the yin-yang that's bull.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

A honestly can't say how I feel... A can't say which one is bigger... The ansiety or the disapointment... It's great that we finally get explained many of the techniques, characters backgrounds and history (although, i noticed that there isn't any entry for Sandaime Mizukage) but the biggest disapointment i have is related with the character charts... And this just show us that the war arc was like a totaly diferent story than the story told so far... So far we had focus on teir strength, speed, knowledge of ninjutsu taijutsu and genjutsu... but now? The power charts just show us where the manga went... Kekkei Genkais, Special powers, etc...etc... Plus, it gives us indication of the nature afinities one has, but that we never got to see... What diference does it make to learn that neji has 3 natures? He never even used one... For me, this even goes to show how Kishi failled in develloping other characters besides Naruto and Sasuke... I've just thought of Neji using his Hakeshou Kaiten with Wind natures chakra... or throwing his Kuushou with fire... (just checked his chart, he has afinity to fire, water and earth, so he can't do a kaiten with a wind technique, but even using his kaiten with water or fire should be awsome... Better than that... Neji using his 64shou with fire...) (side note - Hinata also has afinity with fire... could her Juuho Soushiken - the attack she used on Pain - be her using fire?)
    I've spent so many hours trying to give values for all those ninjas who weren't rated that only appeared after the last Databook, around 6 years waiting for this Databook to come out... only to find out that that chart isn't anymore...

Another thing i'm disapointed is that i noticed that some ninjas didn't got their Registration number revealed... why? it isn't a big deal, it's just a minor information, but if he had the trouble to stablish a registration number for the vilages ninjas, why couldn't he just keep up with it?
    Another thing i'm surprised was how young Minato really is... he was just 24 when he died... Even younger than Kakashi when the manga started, and yet he was already Hokage...

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto_Rasengan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da_ni View Post
    A honestly can't say how I feel... A can't say which one is bigger... The ansiety or the disapointment... It's great that we finally get explained many of the techniques, characters backgrounds and history (although, i noticed that there isn't any entry for Sandaime Mizukage) but the biggest disapointment i have is related with the character charts... And this just show us that the war arc was like a totaly diferent story than the story told so far... So far we had focus on teir strength, speed, knowledge of ninjutsu taijutsu and genjutsu... but now? The power charts just show us where the manga went... Kekkei Genkais, Special powers, etc...etc... Plus, it gives us indication of the nature afinities one has, but that we never got to see... What diference does it make to learn that neji has 3 natures? He never even used one... For me, this even goes to show how Kishi failled in develloping other characters besides Naruto and Sasuke... I've just thought of Neji using his Hakeshou Kaiten with Wind natures chakra... or throwing his Kuushou with fire... (just checked his chart, he has afinity to fire, water and earth, so he can't do a kaiten with a wind technique, but even using his kaiten with water or fire should be awsome... Better than that... Neji using his 64shou with fire...) (side note - Hinata also has afinity with fire... could her Juuho Soushiken - the attack she used on Pain - be her using fire?)
    I've spent so many hours trying to give values for all those ninjas who weren't rated that only appeared after the last Databook, around 6 years waiting for this Databook to come out... only to find out that that chart isn't anymore...

Another thing i'm disapointed is that i noticed that some ninjas didn't got their Registration number revealed... why? it isn't a big deal, it's just a minor information, but if he had the trouble to stablish a registration number for the vilages ninjas, why couldn't he just keep up with it?
    Another thing i'm surprised was how young Minato really is... he was just 24 when he died... Even younger than Kakashi when the manga started, and yet he was already Hokage...
    The stat charts you're referring to were never made for character comparison, they were in place to show the individuals growth and potential, nothing more.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if the stat charts aren't there anymore, what's this talk about Hashirama having a perfect score?

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast