Welcome to The MangaHelpers Manga Awards, an awards competition where you, the fans, nominate and decide what is the best of the best in the Manga world.General Rules
- Please respect the opinions and nominations of others. It’s okay if you don’t like a series or a character or an event that another person nominates and it’s okay if you don’t agree with said nomination; but please do not bash the character, or the series, or event, or the person who posts the nomination, remembering that the General Forum Rules still apply. The purpose of The MangaHelpers Manga Awards is to do something as a whole community while having fun, not to initiate any kind of drama or fights.
- This year the event is made up by two separate groups.
- Best Manga of All Time and Best Manga of 2012.
- Each group and its categories will have separate nomination periods, each period the amount of 10 days. After those 20 days, the voting process will begin for all the categories.
- Nominations for Best Manga of All Time will not have any restrictions, while Best of 2012 nominees will qualify only if they began serialization since or after 2009. Also the nominations for 2012 will have to be based on their content published in 2012.
- The nomination process is where all the members of this site come together an appoint nominees for the different categories.
- Submit a nomination for the different award categories by posting in their respective thread and by explaining why said series/character/event deserves to be a nominee for that award category.
- You don’t have to nominate for all the award categories, but you can make maximum 3 nominations for each award category.
- While the nomination period lasts you can change your nomination if you have changed your mind, but please tell us in the post that you have changed you nomination. You can only change your nomination twice so choose carefully.
- Example of nomination format:
Code:I nominate <insert title> for <insert category>
- Please also include a link to the series page in the MangaHelpers Database or at Manga Updates (MU) for easier overview of the series.
- In some categories like Best Plot Twist or Most Epic Moment, spoiler tags are necessary for nomination. Please write the name of the manga on the spoiler tag as well.
- The voting will be held after 20 days of nomination. This process is poll-based and will include all the nominees submitted by the participants.
- You don’t have to vote for all the award categories, but you can only vote once per category. So please make sure you are voting for the series/character/event you really want to vote for before clicking on the poll.
- Once you have cast your vote, feel free to continue the discussion about the nominees and who you think will be the winners of this contest.
- The winners of each award category will be the ones that earn the most votes.
If you need further explanation or assistance, feel free to contact one of the following staff via Private Message:
Last edited by Pat; March 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
After 2009? So, that's 2010-Present?
Don't forget that you can submit 3 nominations at most...
Guys, please don't forget to add hyperlink of your nominations to Mangahelpers' Mangadatabase or MangaUpdates for easier overview. Thank you.
---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------
So on a more general note...
How do you guys fight the new setup for the Awards...are there any pros or contras...we always take every criticism and observation into account to make this event suitable
For now, I nominate One Piece for Best Manga of All Time, of course.
There seems to have been some confusion guys, this is not a nomination thread, only discussion.
Hoho why didnt you said it sooner
In little over 12 hours, the threads will be closed, and we will launch the next phase of the awards!
Please keep in mind, that the next phase is only for content released in 2012. So if someone would like to nominate a plot twist, that plot twist should've happened in 2012.
There's also another requirement...the titles that can be nominated are limited to the ones that started publishing at least in 2009. So only 2009 - present day manga are allowed.
Just to be sure about a few things. I imagine that 2009 is the publish date in japan not the date the scanlation started. But does it correspond to the first prepublication chapter or the first volume ? For example Kuroko no basket first chapter was jump 2009 issue 2 which was probably out in december 2008, its first volume was in april 2009 so does it apply or not ?
---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------
Also wouldn't it be better that the best manga is renamed into best comic so as to include manhwa too ?