Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/23/15 - 3/29/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: It's good to finally be part of the community

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vinhtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    my house
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    WSJ Pirate It's good to finally be part of the community

    I've been checking out post in this site for roughly 7, or 8 years (long time lurker), then today I finally decide to make an account to get over it.
    The first time I come into contact with manga is when I was 7 years old, my aunt bought me the first volume of Doreamon (published in my home country, Vietnam).....from that point on...I instantly got hook by this so-called "Japanese comic book".....after Doreamon, then come DB, DBZ, Dragon Quest Dai, Dragon Quest Roto,...etc. In 1998 I believe I met One Piece for the first time...then and there I know for a fact that I would follow OP til the end.....I instinctively knew that someday the world will recognize One Piece for how epic it is. I enjoy Naruto and Bleach for certain period of time in the past, nowadays it takes me 2 mins to go through a chapter. Toriko is second best series on my list (in term of Shounen).....Oh, and Worst, Crows.....
    For Seinen, Vagabond, Berserk, Baki, Garouden, Gantz, Sanctuary, Eden It's an Endless World, Tough, ....etc

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Undisclosed Quarian 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Quaria
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    Welcome

    Good to have another "lurker gone poster" among us So, what is your opinion on the latest Bleach chapters?
    "¡ʇǝb ı ɹǝɯɹɐʍ ǝɥʇ ʇıs noʎ ɹǝbuo1 ǝɥʇ
    ¿ʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ ʇnq .ʇɐǝs ʇǝ1ıoʇ ɐ sɐ p1oɔ sɐ
    .uɐɯoʍ p1oɔ ɐ ɯɐ ı
    "

  4. #3
    多林寺 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhtran View Post
    I've been checking out post in this site for roughly 7, or 8 years (long time lurker), then today I finally decide to make an account to get over it.
    The first time I come into contact with manga is when I was 7 years old, my aunt bought me the first volume of Doreamon (published in my home country, Vietnam).....from that point on...I instantly got hook by this so-called "Japanese comic book".....after Doreamon, then come DB, DBZ, Dragon Quest Dai, Dragon Quest Roto,...etc. In 1998 I believe I met One Piece for the first time...then and there I know for a fact that I would follow OP til the end.....I instinctively knew that someday the world will recognize One Piece for how epic it is. I enjoy Naruto and Bleach for certain period of time in the past, nowadays it takes me 2 mins to go through a chapter. Toriko is second best series on my list (in term of Shounen).....Oh, and Worst, Crows.....
    For Seinen, Vagabond, Berserk, Baki, Garouden, Gantz, Sanctuary, Eden It's an Endless World, Tough, ....etc
    That's a long lurking period indeed, but welcome officially to MH then

    Do you also follow the OP anime or watch many animes currently? You've been reading it for a hell of long time; I think I only got into it in 2005 while I was on holiday in belgium. At this time it was the anime. I watched it for a while, then got into the manga in 2008 when I'd caught up with the anime and was eager for more.

    Pelvic Sorcery
    | Nanatsu no Taizai

  5. #4
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vinhtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    my house
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    Welcome

    Good to have another "lurker gone poster" among us So, what is your opinion on the latest Bleach chapters?
    I called "Ichigo's mother was a quincy" 3, 4 months ago..........no surprise there........no opinion on the latest chapter whatsoever.....Personally, to me, Bleach is ended right at the end of Aizen arc.....

    ---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    That's a long lurking period indeed, but welcome officially to MH then

    Do you also follow the OP anime or watch many animes currently? You've been reading it for a hell of long time; I think I only got into it in 2005 while I was on holiday in belgium. At this time it was the anime. I watched it for a while, then got into the manga in 2008 when I'd caught up with the anime and was eager for more.
    no anime at the moment.......nowadays I wait for 10, 20 OP episodes and download them all at the same time, just for the sake of collection......

  6. #5
    多林寺 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    I don't think I've done that since....the end of Thriller Bark I think. Now I just watch them online; usually the next morning and just collect the movies. Though I should really download again, but the sheer number that I'd have to catch up on puts me off

    Pelvic Sorcery
    | Nanatsu no Taizai

  7. #6
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vinhtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    my house
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    just a few torrents a day, you'll catch up eventually....

  8. #7
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    Nice, we're following the same manga, so I hope to discuss with you about them soon.
    Anyway, other than manga, do you have other interests?

  9. #8
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vinhtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    my house
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    badminton, soccer, video game (damn, ordered Kaizoku Musou 2 yesterday).....hang-out and drink with friends......really really like to travel (no money at moment T__T)

  10. #9
    多林寺 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    What is your favourite football team?

    What places would you like to travel to?

    Kaizoku Musou 2

    Pelvic Sorcery
    | Nanatsu no Taizai

  11. #10
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vinhtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    my house
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    AS Roma, Inter-Millan, Manchester, ....etc quite few......I don't remember them all as I used to.....since all the stars I know of have retired more or less....
    European countries first, France, German, UK, Holland, Swiss, Ireland (this one is because of LOTR),.....Spain, Portugal,....etc.
    I save the best for last, Japan, man, dream of going there since I was a kid.......
    So bump, I'll get KM 2 on the coming Monday.....

  12. #11
    Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    Belated welcome to Manga Helpers! Hope you continue to enjoy your stay here! ^_^
    Forum Rules | signature made by Farfalla


  13. #12
    多林寺 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhtran View Post
    AS Roma, Inter-Millan, Manchester, ....etc quite few......I don't remember them all as I used to.....since all the stars I know of have retired more or less....
    European countries first, France, German, UK, Holland, Swiss, Ireland (this one is because of LOTR),.....Spain, Portugal,....etc.
    I save the best for last, Japan, man, dream of going there since I was a kid.......
    So bump, I'll get KM 2 on the coming Monday.....
    I know, I miss the old days of football or well just after the turn of the millennia. Italy especially had some brilliant players in their teams, hence why they performed so well on the international stage for a while.

    Ireland is brilliant, the people are friendly and Dublin is a very clean city. You'd enjoy there. Also I've been told Cork is a lovely place but I've never been, so don't take my word on that. Japan is well...most of our dream, isn't it?

    Pelvic Sorcery
    | Nanatsu no Taizai

  14. #13
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: It's good to finally be part of the community

    If you want cheap PS4 games, contact me.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts