Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/25/15 - 5/31/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
RDG: Red Data Girl
Alternative Title: RDG レッドデータガール
Status: Not Yet Airing
Aired: April 4, 2013 to ?
Producers: Lantis, P.A. Works
Opening: "Small WorlDrop" by Annabel
Ending: "Yokan" by Masumi Itō
A modern fantasy based on Japanese Shinto legends. Suzuhara Izumiko is a 15-year-old girl, who has been raised and protected in a shrine deep in the Kumano mountains. She is quite shy and destroys all the electric devices she touches. When she begins to think about going out of the mountains and moving to the city, her guardian Sagara Yukimasa recommends her to enter a high school in Tokyo and forces his son Miyuki to serve Izumiko for life. Miyuki and Izumiko repel each other but their relationship begins to change when a terrifying accident occurs on the school excursion. Izumiko learns her fate as the last representative (yorishiro) of a Himegami goddess and Miyuki learns of his duty as a guardian Yamabushi of Izumiko.
The first episode was interesting and it piqued my curiosity enough to make want to watch episode 2.
What first drew me to this anime was the fact that the team behind it was P.A. Works. P.A. has done some pretty great series so that was the reason why I decided to give this anime a try.
As expected, the animation/art was beautiful in this first episode. P.A. Works really know how to capture the beauty of landscapes, scenarios and even the characters themselves.
Now about the episode itself, first of all I need to talk about the OP. Both the animation/art and the song were great! I specially liked the song; I can’t wait for the full version of it to come out.
About the characters, I like Izumiko, she is very shy and doesn’t have a lot of confidence in herself but she seems like a really sweet and kind girl. Now regarding Miyuki, I know he was very mean to Izumiko and he wasn’t very nice, but I liked him and it wasn’t very hard to understand why he was behaving in such a way, which brings me to Miyuki’s dad. Sagara is the character that intrigued me the most during this episode, he was very nice to Izumiko but he was horrible to his own son, he even beat him up! Because I didn’t buy the story that Miyuki had fallen while he was in the forest. Sagara seems like a good guy at first but he is not an angel.
Now about the story, I didn’t understand what happened while Izumiko was talking to her dad. Was that a dream? Did she imagine that? Or did it really happen? Why kind of power is the one Izumiko has?
Hopefully my questions are somewhat answered in the next ep.
Last edited by destiny4ever; March 25, 2013 at 08:12 PM.
Glad to see you here destiny.
Well I haven't watched it yet because there are only pre-airs at the moment. I'll wait for the full HD versions. :3
I can't wait to share my thoughts about this show. :3
But I guess the contents of the episodes will remain the same, right?Quote:
I can’t wait to read you comments and thoughts about this show! ^_^Quote:
---------- Post added March 29, 2013 at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was March 25, 2013 at 09:08 PM ----------
It was a very interesting episode.
I liked the interactions between Izumiko and Miyuki, Miyuki is still not very kind to Izumiko but I liked how he was there for her and even allowed her to hold his hand.
Sagara…he keeps intriguing me…is he a good guy? Is he a bad guy?
I wonder what those black figures that Izumiko could see and sense are, and why was Sagara among them?
Izumiko’s mother hasn’t appeared yet but I’m already very curious about her…why didn’t she want to see her daughter?
And Izumiko’s is the reincarnation of some goddess, a beautiful and powerful goddess. I wonder if Izumiko will disappear once the goddess takes full control of her body.
Looking forward to episode 3.
Last edited by destiny4ever; March 29, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
It was an interesting episode.
Wamiya turned out to be a familiar, a very powerful one. He was a crow god that was bounded by Izumiko and her desire to have a friend.
I liked how Izumiko was a bit more courageous in this episode; she stopped being the weak girl and tried to solve the problem, she even went and faced Wamiya herself when Miyuki suggested taking the easy way out.
Izumiko has fallen for Miyuki and…well…Miyuki hasn’t fallen for Izumiko but she is not indifferent to him anymore, especially after seeing her dance.
So now both Izumiko and Miyuki are in that High School in Tokyo and it seems to be a special HS.
Izumiko’s roommate was introduced in this episode and she seems like a nice girl.
So, the three episodes we see so far are not yet the official TV debut? Or I misunderstand it?
Well, the summary was not so eye-catching, but I saw the images and I decided to give it a try. I'm looking forward for special features of this goddess; otherwise having guardians wouldn't make sense. The older Sagara is so suspicious, and I'm not sure if Miyuki is really his son since Miyuki also called him by his name. More like they're siblings or uncle-nephew or something. Miyuki is handsome -- and I didn't expect to hear Yoshino's voice again so soon! <3 -- but I did feel like the change in his attitude towards Izumiko was a bit too sudden. Oh, well. Let's see what will happen in this new school.
Phio-chan!! Welcome to this thread! It is so good seeing you posting in here.
I’m actually looking forward to know if Izumiko will remain or she will totally disappear once the goddess takes completely control of Izumiko’s body.Quote:
I think Miyuki is his son, it’s just their father-son relationship is pretty bad.Quote:
Miyuki’s seiyuu is great! And I agree, Miyuki is .Quote:
I don’t think she is a bad girl…but I do think she has some kind of power, since that HS is for kids with "special powers".Quote:
For a moment I thought they want to pre-air the whole show...
But I agree. I will watch at least episode 2.
The art is really quite good. Furthermroe I like they voices I hear up to know. Izumikos sounds familiar.Quote:
After hearing it for the first time I don't like it very much. But that could change.Quote:
I always like such shy characters... :3Quote:
What keeps me interested in her is that it seemed like a big deal for everyone that Izumiko cut her hair. Because of that she is able to use some weird kind of power? Or rather... If she changes something about herself her spiritual powers go haywire?
His first impression wasn't the best though. I don't like bullies. What could Izumiko have done to him in person that he dislikes her that much? i know he has to obey everything his father says for some reason but still...Quote:
He has a nice face but on the inside he seems very "conservative". I mean he beat his own son to a pulp because he wouldn't obey...Quote:
On the other hand he is very nice to Izumiko because she plays an important role... Disgusting... =/
I guess it did happen. Izumiko might have some sort of power which she can't control.Quote:
Last edited by Skyguardian; April 05, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
So yeah, just finished watching the first episode. Personally speaking, so far there is nothing much revealed plot-wise, and I think it's what I'd consider as a "weak" start. Nonetheless, it's premature if I drop this by watching the first episode alone, so I guess I'll watch the next one when it's released. Great animation quality, though.
Glad to see you posting your comments about the episode, Sky!
She is not Kotomi’s seiyuu. She voiced Fuuka-chan in Sakurasou but I think her voice sounds familiar to you because of Oreno no Imouto, she voices Ayase in that series.Quote:
Yes, her hair is the source of the power and cutting her hair caused all that trouble because it was asQuote:
Well…it is not that Izumiko did something to him, it is more what his dad has put him through and how he has treated him because of Izumiko. But yes, I agree that doesn’t justify his behavior towards Izumiko.Quote:
And later on you are going to find out the real reason why he is nice to Izumiko…Quote:
She hasn’t fully awoken, so I’m very curious about her power and about how strong she really is.Quote:
Last edited by destiny4ever; April 06, 2013 at 08:53 PM.
But thank you. Now I know why it did sound familiar.
I understand why he doesn't like the way he has to live but still... I hope he will change a bit over the series.Quote:
Well he acts like he lives in the past... Because hitting your children is not acceptable anymore. So i can't stand him and wouldn't recognize him as my father either.Quote:
Yeah me too.Quote:
In a way, he still lives in the past because he takes his monk role very seriously, very, very seriously, being a monk andQuote:
---------- Post added April 14, 2013 at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was April 06, 2013 at 09:30 PM ----------
It was a good episode. New characters were introduced in this episode.
- I like Izumiko’s roommate, she is nice. Too bad she got badly injured in this episode.
- Mayura has special powers as well. It seems my theory about the HS being a special one was correct. I also liked Mayura’s brother, Manatsu. He is cool. I liked how protective he is of his sister. I was sad when it was revealed that their brother/sister had died when they were younger. Maybe I’m wrong but I think the girl that appeared at the end of the episode is their sister, the one that died when they were younger.
- Takayanagi…I don’t like him. I think he will be one of the bad guys in this series. Takayanagi’s looks and behavior, both are arrogant and creepy. However, he seems to be very powerful and intelligent. He is another mysterious character and he is not nice at all!! What he did to poor Mayu was horrible, he is a coward; he used a website to try to hurt Mayu, Izumiko and Miyuki.
- Izumiko looked very cute without eyeglasses; however, I think she will need to use them again since it seems they are some sort of protection talisman her mother gave her when she was little.
I enjoyed watching this episode just as I enjoyed the other 3 eps, but for some reason I’m not totally captivated by this series…it has failed to capture my interest completely, something is missing but I don’t know what it is. Hopefully the next episode will be able to provide that something that is missing.
---------- Post added April 17, 2013 at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was April 14, 2013 at 09:30 PM ----------
I really enjoyed this episode! It was great!
- So the “girl” that appeared at the end of episode 4 wasn’t a girl, it was a boy!!! He is Masumi; he is Mayura and Manatsu’s brother, the one who died. I think he likes to dress as a girl and that is why he was wearing a girl’s uniform at the end of episode 4. He is very powerful, maybe the most powerful out of the three siblings. The Souda triplets are amazing! I like them. I liked how Masumi and Manatsu gave Takayanagi a well-deserved punishment for what he did to poor Mayu. Those brothers are very protective of their sister.
- Yukimasa reappeared in this episode! He is now one of the teachers. Miyuki wasn’t very pleased with the news of his father being a teacher and he took out his frustration and anger out on Izumiko. It was very sad to see poor Izumiko crying because of how Miyuki treated her . Izumiko has fallen hard for Miyuki. It was sad and cute at the same time seeing her getting all jealous when she saw Mayu and Miyuki talking.
- A new character was introduced in this episode, Hodaka. He is the shadow president and he found out about Izumiko’s secret, about the fact that she is a goddess.
- I liked how Miyuki got all worried about Izumiko and came to rescue her. Miyuki is slowly falling for Izumiko. Btw, it was a bit weird although very interesting what the goddess said to Miyuki…just as interesting as what Yukimasa said to Izumiko about using the students in the HS to save the Earth…
- Izumiko’s transformation was pretty cool in this episode, although I didn’t quite understand the reason behind the transformation, the reason why the goddess decided to appear.
Looking forward to the next episode!
Last edited by destiny4ever; April 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
To be honest I'm rather confused. Where are episodes 4 and 5? I normally get my weekly anime from cyber12 and so far I only see the official version of episode 1-3.