Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
i know this has nothing to do with the manga, but i've been asking everywhere and no one's getting back to me. does anyone, ANYONE, know where i can watch the second OVA? i know it's out because i'm also seeing gifs on tumblr and people keep talking about the episode. so can someone please just give me closure???
This OVA seems to be a mix of joke previews from the manga. I seriously don't get it, is the episode a joke? April fool? (it's april after all..)
well thank you anyway! at least now i have some closure and it can stop bugging the crap out of me
Here is a link to the whole episode. It must be a joke XD
I thought those screenshot I saw long before was a joke, but no, its for real.
Talk about a bait and switch.
Edit: Historia is awesome! Damn! But it will sadly never happen in the manga.
Last edited by ArtIristic; April 11, 2014 at 03:18 PM.
---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------
GOD NO STOP IT MY SIDES
I thoroughly enjoyed this series, the titans especially are mysterious and awesome. However a few things regarding the end of first season...
1. Armin tells Eren he must be in control to have a chance at victory, yet he keeps raging harder and harder and somehow that makes him stronger? and with Mikasa's and others' help able to defeat Annie? In a real fight, rage will get you destroyed immediately against an experienced opponent. I hate this concept used in storytelling cause of how unrealistic it is.
2. Furthermore, why the heck was Annie so scared? She destroyed Eren's leg, and instead of finishing off the titan body (obviously she doesn't want to kill Eren but capture him), she just turns and runs. Annie should have and could have easily completely taken Eren out of the picture and after that be free to do whatever the heck she wants. This really bothered me.
3. The whole shifter thing kind of indicates what I thought since the beginning. Titans are man made. This final city, probably isn't the last vestige of humanity. There is a civilization elsewhere that has used the titans to wipe out everyone else.
4. I enjoyed the first OVA a lot, it told us more about Titans. However the 2nd OVA seemed like pure fluff.
5. My favorite characters thusfar
1. (By far my absolute favorite) Annie
3. Potato Girl (distant 3rd)
Regarding #1, we think alike! If they had added layers of insight or explored his *full* character in the anime adaptation it would have been great but instead they reduced him to his rage, pretty much. In the manga actually (I'm assuming you haven't read it...?), Eren's development by this point is already showing signs of his dawning awareness and increasing self-control. He still has his flare-ups even now but the anime rendered his development to that point meaningless in favour of having him turn into Flaming Berserker of Rage in the final episode (all filler). Apparently some people even think the "rage" is what his entire character is based around. It isn't!
On #2, I assume you're referring to the final episode again? I'll have to look again to see what point in the fight you're referring to...
#4 The first OVA's flashback with Ilse is 100% canon, so yeah you're getting real info there. In that case the extra filler bits added in before and afterwards are quite appropriate though and I wouldn't be surprised if they're meant to be taken as canon as well. The second OVA seems to be a silly story drawn purely to tie together all the still images you see peppered throughout, which were originally omake in the manga volumes. It was cute, but yeah I agree, pure fluff. One more OVA to go!
Any chance you'll be joining us in reading the manga?
Last edited by nesean; April 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM.
One thing I like about that OVA is that it's highly consistent with how their characters were at the time. Before Trost, Jean really is that self-absorbed, and Eren...
1. Sounds like the manga handled Eren much better. He seems so one dimensional in the anime despite his storied history, all he has been through, his relationships. Hope they do a better job next season.
2. So the 2nd OVA was based on Omake...that's nice, so it still is based on the manga.
3. I kind of spoiled myself by looking at the wiki (titan shifter, different characters, etc). However I'll probably wait for the next season of the anime. I would appreciate (in spoiler tags of course for others) details on any other manga/anime differences though.