Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/6/15 - 4/12/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
Any prediction on how many episodes will be in this arc?
Long enough to buy Trollgashi some time, I hope!
Good episode. The fillers... work for the anime, I guess. Kinda cool to see how Ponzu and Pokkuru went into this job (hope the other Hunter investigation teams also get more than just a mention), as well as what the secret NGL forces were doing during the first stages of the Chimera Ant's expansion campaigns. Too bad, I prefer the manga better, as the non-mentioned and non-fundamental parts were left to my imagination, which I regard as a way better way of presenting things in a media. Maybe it's not the case for animes then?
Also, I like build up chapters/episodes like this, they put perspective into things and that is always a bonus.
Taking from Guardian Enzo's episode 78 review. This paragraph is exactly why the madhouse filler are good for the storyOriginally Posted by Guardian Enzo
Some other reactions after seeing the episode a second time:
- The Queen sounds like a lazy jerk who only eats and gives birth all day to me...
- If I were a Chimera Ant I'd use her ability to try to imitate some Pokemon. That would be awesome.
- Okay now the Queen just sounds like a female Hisoka.
- "I'm a spontaneous guy, so I'd think about it when the time comes."
- "Say for instance...you and Gon were sleeping together and Gon jumped you." MENTAL SIMULATION
- Oh fudge. I'm going to be making Gon MENTAL SIMULATION jokes all the time now thanks to MH.
I quite like this guy review of this week and last week episode.
I have an issue with the Colt filler. The queen gives birth by the process of phagogenenis, which mean that eat, digest and feeds herself with other creature, which is merely a "nutritive sostance". When the queen has been feeded enough, she could generate a new creature. So Colt could not have the memory of his mother. He is not like a "possessed" Kurt, it's entirely a different creature with no relation with his past.
Am i missing something?
---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------
I'm a anime-only viewer, and there are 2 events that i didn't manage to know if they are filler or canon material.
1) Biscuit told Gon&Killua that at first she approached them to ruin their friendship. That makes little sense to me according to Biscuit characterization. Do you have any other info?
2) When Gon&Killua went to Kite, he attacked them. It was also in manga? If not, they started to talk around the fire once they arrived?
Thanks in advance
Last edited by HxHFan1; May 06, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
1) That is canon. Basically, that was the initial plan, but she "fell in love" with their friendship.
2) Nope, that wasn't in the manga, since Gon was already Kaito's friend and vice-versa, so they recognized each other immediatelly and started talking. On the anime, I think you got the wrong impression, though: he didn't attack them, he attacked the Chimera Ant nest that was behind them.
Speaking of the change to the Kite back story, do you guys think Gon and Kite's relationship is being constructed well now that we're a couple episodes past the controversial flashback?
Last edited by The Invertroid; May 06, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
ep 76 - chapter 1/ so 0 chapters of main material
ep 77 - chap 186,187 - 2 chapters
ep 78 - chap 188 - one chap
1 chap per 1 episode, but it's easy to predict that when more important battles begin, the pace (even with fillers) will be probably 3~ chapters for one ep
Then as she monitored them, she is more interested by their potential and talents and wanted to see their full potential by training them. As she starts to train them she recognises and appreciates their friendship.
The same goes for when they bumped into Hisoka, and told the others to keep him close because he's hiding something.
How is Kite's flashback controversial? it gives him a back story and tells us he loves animals, and...