11/10. I rarely gives an HxH episode a rating this high. There's a lot of
yaoibromance in it. Go Killua!
-While the date was what I was most looking forward to, I really really enjoy the other scenes. There was always this nagging feeling that something bad is going to happen. This is the chimera ant arc after all. So I should have gotten used to it.
-The scene where Cheetu ate the polices' fingers was so brutal.
-I gotta gives prop to Mereum and Palm voice actors. They did a splendid performance.
-Palm was so creepy and disturbing that I'm not surprised Gon agreed to go on a date with her. When a woman points a knife at you asking you on a date, you better do it!!
-If I didn't know better, Killua look like a jealous ex-boyfriend stalking Gon.
Just saw the newest episode and i am very glad, that the preview for the next episode didnt spoil too much this time. Unlike a few episodes earlier where it spoiled nearly everything.
As an editor for an Anime, you have to have a feeling for what keeps it thrilling and exiting and what ruins it, sort of, because it tells too much.
This time it was more thrilling again! Good job!
So now its only shown in the Manga/Anime, when they talk about it.
1. Again I'm amazed with what Hunter x Hunter can show in a morning time slot. Cutting off fingers and eating them... not that I mind, that's how Hunter x Hunter should be :3
2. Cheetu posing like a boss then going for a meal.... I know why I like this guy
2. The King's faces and speech are epic. That's how Cell from Dragonball should have been. Togashi in all his glory = Rip off a famous design and take the personality to a new, epic level
I'm pretty tired of the Cell = King comparison but I couldn't help it
3. "Have you ever spared a pig or a cow as it begged for it's life?" - Dat face.
4. And here it is, Gon's famous adventures with the old ladies of Whale Island. Oh Gon, Killua's not amused x'D
5. I wish transforming into a beautiful girl would be so easy in real life. Let's start the hundred faces of Palm, it's only the beginning.
6. Gon's hairstyle after the shower... for a change I wouldn't mind him going around like that for a while Madhouse must like it as well
7. It's okay to stalk Gon Killua... you only want to protect him... that's all there is to it.... right?
8. Gon being extremely happy when he heard Kaito's alive... OH GOD THE FEELS!
9. When did Palm make all the Gon puppets? O__o Her obsession level is over 9000
10. Killua vs. Rammot next week? OMG my mind is ready
11. Did I mention this was an awesome episode? :3 Hunter x Hunter, I love you
Also, I feel like the magazine run most likely also used the same dark screentone, but because the magazine paper is so low quality, scanlators assumed it was just a big black square. You are correct about the scanlators "uncensoring" the other images though. It would be interesting to see raws from the magazine run, but since that was so long ago, I'm sure they would be quite hard to get/find. It's quite annoying when people take scanlations for fact, when so many changes can be/are introduced in them, whether on purpose are not.
Pretty good episode. MH is once again handling the execution of Killua's feelings and Mureum's rise very well. I also laughed at a lot of Palm's epic faces she made this episode. It wouldn't be my favorite seeing as it was more of a buildup, of course.
- OKAY. It's time for Dating Sims 101 - I mean Hunter x Hunter.
- Ooh, I like how cultural this is. Dancing Neko girls, very cultural. I don't know about you but I'm liking this episode so far.
- That guy has man boobs. So when Mureum says "good food", he's into that?
- "What are you doing here?!" They're here for the cultural festival. Don't you see Pitou?
- MEAT PLANTATION. That's...the best name ever.
- I want one of those Gon dolls. Instead of sitting on her butt being depressed about her love life like 50% of the population, Palm should dedicate it to exporting Gon dolls to the HxH fans of the world and make a living for herself.
- Bisuke ran away, didn't she?
- I bet a lot of guys here wish they were as much of a ladies' man as Gon. Well don't. Gon only knows how to woo fangirls, not girls. Totally different process.
- "Be on the look out for ants." That news reporter looks like an ant.
- Gon with wet hair. There needs to be about 59x more fanart of that.
- FINALLY. Some jelly tsun tsun Killua.
- I don't know. Killua as a stalker is kind of awesome. Actually, I wish this episode comprised of more stalker!Killua. In fact, there should be a whole one shot series about Killua, stalking, and his journey working up his way as a stalker. And by the time we're all sick of stalking and Killua, he'll have his own spin-off series, ten volume saga, and shampoo line. Then Killua would stop for a moment and think "Damn. And I thought I looked like a stalker before."
- I just wanted to quote Guardian Enzo for a second here. "Killua stalks the happy couple...and is inturn stalked by an arrow."
- See this romantic lighting by the lake is probably the doing of Palm's underlings working behind the scenes for fear of their lives. Normally this kind of sh*t only happens when the date isn't pedophilic.
- No wonder someone wrote a doujin about Gon discovering Killua's hat. I mean, he just LEFT it there. Killua should've worn it through and through like a true anime protagonist's best friend!
- Oh crap. It's that SUPER Franky spandex guy again.
- Preview: So this is the part where everyone starts hating Gon, right?
- Now being the Gon/Killua fan I am, I'm sad there was no canon scene of our favorite boys going on a date together. *is decked by a brick*
- Mariya Ise probably filed for a filler about that too. *is decked by a a bucket of bricks*
Last edited by Riruru; August 18, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
It was hilarious that Gon was totally aware of what he was doing with Palm. It's definitely another example of Gon being different from a standard shonen lead. Even better was Killua's reactions to what Gon was saying. Always good when you 12-13 olds acting their ages in a realistic way.
Killua is now put into a situation where he either fights or leaves Gon to die. His last fight was hard to watch and no doubt this next fight will be too now that consequences are turned up.
I do believe that next episode is the last chance for MadHouse to explain
Also for those talking about Gyro..
Last edited by futurefrog; August 19, 2013 at 02:58 AM.
Another superb episode. You all have said pretty much what I would have said.
Regarding censorship, I noticed it began at this point in the manga (and this isn't the last of it). I'm assuming when the volumes came out, the censorship was gone (although some have no difference between the two? We'll see how Madhouse handles these scenes).
That said, I'm satisfied with what Madhouse has given us. Yeah, the images are fuzzy and we don't see a full shot of the supreme leader, but they could have done more to censor these scenes, and they didn't. And I've always been a fan of that shot of Meryem from the manga, and Madhouse did it justice.
The other scenes were hilarious, and despite what others may think is implied here, I still see a strong bromance between Gon and Kil. They're both pretty young still and Killua's reactions to Gon going on a date with Palm is jealousy that Palm is taking Gon away (he does want Gon all to himself), but that he's afraid he's going to lose his friend--not a lover. At least that's the way I've always seen it.
On that note, the next episode is going to be amazing~~ and hopefully I'll get to see one of my favorite scenes ever animated. <3
I hear Hunter is taking a break next week? I'm a sad panda now.
It's confirmed that next sunday there will be no Hunter x Hunter episode? So saaaaad...
On a random note, Madhouse sure knows their business. They know the girls love Killua so after giving Gon more muscles they're using the opportunity to make him look like a hottie more and more
I guess Madhouse knows about all the shippers out there, or maybe they even have some among the staff :3