A few things :
1. How is it possible for gonde to tank so much damage ?!
2.I still hope that there will be a mindblowing end and not a shounen one , but seems like my hopes are also headed for despair .
3. It is impossible for Oku to answer all the remaining questions .
4. I am really missing the good old gantz . I mean , just look at Kurono . There was a time when he was a badass . Now he is just a wimp .
He's not taking much damage really. Just a couple of scratches.
You don't like Kurono at the moment? Perfectly understand if this was Kei 2 we were talking about, but Kei1? No way! Just a few tears, is all.
He's just upset that this guy died to save him..
Even though those panels were creepy as fuck lol. Not because it looked they were 'sexing' - because it didn't really look that way to me - but because Maeshima's face was fucking WEIRD.
Last edited by Damura; May 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
2. Bitter sweet ending is what this manga is all about. It gets better when you realise that apart from Kato, Kei-1 doesn't even know who the other members of the team are.
3. Don't think Oku cares, he just wants the manga to be over lol.
4. He did give Gonde more of a fight than the entire USA team (the one that captured the mother-ship, you know...). Gonde just got a villainous resolve at the end, which opened up for the remaining Japanese team to show of their skills before getting picked off one by one (my next bet is on George Clooney).
The most moving part IMHO, is that when the blonde guy jumped in and died defending Kei, this is actually a person Kei-1 has never met. Even including nerdo. To him, these are just guys to jumped in to defend him, so I understand why he had a heroic breakdown at the final panel.
I don't know. Maybe I'm not used to it, because they were ALWAYS surrounded by death. Even with you guys saying that (I think I understand) it feels strange.
English version is out:
On one side I'm happy when it is over(never thought that I will say that!), since the most part of the last arc was so weird and boring. And on the other side I miss the excitement for every new chapter. It does feel like that the artist lost interest in the manga. In the Kathastrophe, I was hoping to see more about Katou, Kaze, Nishi and those new characters. It was mainly about Kurono and Tae, and some answers about remaining things would have been nice too(Vampires, giant Gantz-ball in Germany, Aliens).
Something else: (Unless I miss something) why is it not possible on Mangatopia to read it online? I don't feel like dl it every time. :/
About Maeshima...yeah no...
Kei has been surrounded by death many times and he should be used to see people die around him at this point. But let's throw that away and follow what you guys say, so Kei feels so much sadness when Maeshima dies, breaking down and crying in that situation when the giant is still a huge danger to everything on earth and inside the ship it's not something i expect from someone who has been through so many terrible situations.
"Oh man this giant is going to destroy life as we know it on earth and kill all my friends but oh my god white hair dude i'm so sad about you...let them handle the giant while i cry for you some seconds"
C'mon, he's Kei-1. He has time to cry for a few minutes and still be badass enough to kick butts and take names.
Still amazed that the Japanese team is somehow stronger than the US team.
What if everybody dies and we get to see that there's life after Gantz
Then there is a special word that should be written in the last page:
As for Maeshima, he definitely had an interesting expression and very charismatic dying there. I personally would be more interested in seeing his personality and character but Oku doesn't give a shit anymore to expand on anything.
The only thing that Oku do to save the series is to have a confusing ending that leaves it at a cliffhanger, opening it up to a sequel series. Didn't Oku mention anything awhile ago about having another project in mind that was Gantz related?