Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: One Piece 794 by cnet128 , Gintama 551 (2) , Bleach 635 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99
Results 1,471 to 1,476 of 1476

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.13

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sharikaaria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.13

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm not sure, he probably does in wanting to make his own name, like Konohamaru did. He probably lacks the extra push (if he does) because he's growing up in an era of peace, with both his parents alive and taking care of him. Sasuke grew up losing his parents and family to his beloved brother, Neji grew up thinking his dad was sacrificed for the main branch and wanted to get stronger, Naruto grew up being alone and wantin to earn the village's respect and then wanting the power to protect the village and the people he loved, and most others like Jiraiya, Kakashi, and Minato grew up during wars and got stronger because they wanted to protect the village.

It was a period of strife, one way or another, that give these guys incentive to get stronger. Bolt is growing up in a period of peace where he hasn't experienced loss the way others have.

a random thought: I'm not sure if Naruto worked hard to be the best he could be given his hatred of studying.
    I agree with the above, but what you just described is exactly what I meant when I said Naruto, Sasuke, and Neji grew through their pain, misfortune, whatever you want to call it. They had deep incentives to push themselves. Bolt, like you said, can be best compared to Konohamaru. I don't really remember the particulars of Konohamaru's situation, but to me, it seemed like he transitioned from being annoying to dedicated after the Sandaime died.

As for Naruto, I think it was a question of learning style. If we're talking about Naruto before he met Iruka, then he was basically like Konohamaru, more focused on pranks than jutsu. But when he was tricked into stealing the forbidden scroll, he saw an opportunity to do something new and spectacular and trained extremely hard. That was his transition from a talentless prankster to shinobi material. Iruka was shocked at how much he'd trained on his own.

Maybe this movie is about Bolt's transition from a brat to shinobi material, which is fine. The only difference is that he knows how to do kage bunshin no jutsu, rasengan, and maybe other super-difficult jutsus before his transition, as opposed to after.

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharikaaria View Post
    I agree with the above, but what you just described is exactly what I meant when I said Naruto, Sasuke, and Neji grew through their pain, misfortune, whatever you want to call it. They had deep incentives to push themselves. Bolt, like you said, can be best compared to Konohamaru. I don't really remember the particulars of Konohamaru's situation, but to me, it seemed like he transitioned from being annoying to dedicated after the Sandaime died.
    Konohomaru was an annoying asshat when he was introduced because he kept attacking his grandfather in an attempt to be a hokage and not have to live under his shadow. Once Naruto told him about hard work, Konohamaru realized that he had to work hard if he ever wanted to surpass his granddad and compete with Naruto.

I actually wish we had more info on Bolt, like how he trains and how often. If nothing else, his motivation should be to surpass his dad. IMagine Neji being alive and training Byakugan Bolt though, if Bolt is a genius. THAT would be overpowered for a kid!

Quote Quote:
    As for Naruto, I think it was a question of learning style. If we're talking about Naruto before he met Iruka, then he was basically like Konohamaru, more focused on pranks than jutsu. But when he was tricked into stealing the forbidden scroll, he saw an opportunity to do something new and spectacular and trained extremely hard. That was his transition from a talentless prankster to shinobi material. Iruka was shocked at how much he'd trained on his own.
    I think that alone proves just what Naruto is capable of when he studies. I'm fairly confident the problem with focus and dislike of studying was a habit he formed as an attention seeking prankster, based on his flashback when training to use rasengan. Naruto's potential without the Kyuubi is huge because when he's serious, he's pretty smart, and he has unbelievable endurance and super will.

Quote Quote:
    Maybe this movie is about Bolt's transition from a brat to shinobi material, which is fine. The only difference is that he knows how to do kage bunshin no jutsu, rasengan, and maybe other super-difficult jutsus before his transition, as opposed to after.
    But, is he mentally ready to be a shinobi? Power is good and all, but you also have to prepare your mind to be a shinobi. Naruto is lucky in that he never had to deal with killing enemies (bar Zetsu), although I can't imagine that being a requirement anymore.

Same

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sharikaaria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Konohomaru was an annoying asshat when he was introduced because he kept attacking his grandfather in an attempt to be a hokage and not have to live under his shadow. Once Naruto told him about hard work, Konohamaru realized that he had to work hard if he ever wanted to surpass his granddad and compete with Naruto.

I actually wish we had more info on Bolt, like how he trains and how often. If nothing else, his motivation should be to surpass his dad. IMagine Neji being alive and training Byakugan Bolt though, if Bolt is a genius. THAT would be overpowered for a kid!
    Oh, right, that's what happened with Konohamaru. Haha, "annoying asshat" sums that part up pretty well. Based on some movie spoilers, I believe Bolt either does not understand that hard work is the key ingredient to success, or that he doesn't feel hard work is enough for him to be successful. There's lots of room for improvement on his maturity. Does Bolt have the byakugan though?

I actually wish we had more info on Bolt, like how he trains and how often. If nothing else, his motivation should be to surpass his dad. IMagine Neji being alive and I think that alone proves just what Naruto is capable of when he studies. I'm fairly confident the problem with focus and dislike of studying was a habit he formed as an attention seeking prankster, based on his flashback when training to use rasengan. Naruto's potential without the Kyuubi is huge because when he's serious, he's pretty smart, and he has unbelievable endurance and super will.
    Naruto's capabilities are agreeably enormous. He's clever in battle, which was noted as a byproduct of his prankster days. So he's smart, just not book-smart, which doesn't really matter as long as he's not trying to be a medical nin. Everyone has their own strengths. Bolt probably has his own unique abilities - he has lightning affinity, for example. It would be nice to know more. They didn't really do him justice in the trailers and promotions because he's so... bratty.

But, is he mentally ready to be a shinobi? Power is good and all, but you also have to prepare your mind to be a shinobi. Naruto is lucky in that he never had to deal with killing enemies (bar Zetsu), although I can't imagine that being a requirement anymore.
    No, Bolt's not ready at all. That much is certain, and that's why I can't wrap my head around his absurdly high skill level for his age. Under the assumption that his goal is simply to surpass his dad, he's not making decisions with the goal to protect people. The kid won't be able to reconcile killing the enemy over something superficial like being stronger than his dad. It's already questionable that he fully grasps the concept of hard work, so he's basically at the same stage Konohamaru was at at the very beginning. So... maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but his maturity level doesn't befit his skill level.

Even though Naruto didn't have to deal with killing enemies, he creatively went about ways to avoid killing enemies. I guess it's a different debate if he was mentally prepared or not, but at least he thought deeply and came up with alternatives.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Itamachi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way. Bolt is like a 6 year old with a loaded gun. Not threatening but at the same time dangerous. He has the benefits of both blood lines and is considered a prodigy. I'd like to know if he's great through training or if hes just amazing without effort. I'd like to think he trains his tail off. I mean rasengan by itself has a stiff learning curve. Not even mentioning the physical drilling that gentle fist requires.

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, right, that's what happened with Konohamaru. Haha, "annoying asshat" sums that part up pretty well. Based on some movie spoilers, I believe Bolt either does not understand that hard work is the key ingredient to success, or that he doesn't feel hard work is enough for him to be successful. There's lots of room for improvement on his maturity. Does Bolt have the byakugan though?
    What is this based on? I don't remember reading about Bolt's idea of getting better in the manga. Honestly though, Bolt is young, he doesn't have to be super mature. Even Sarada and Sasuke weren't mature at his age, and neither was Jiraiya, and look at what Jiraiya became. Naruto was faaaar from mature as well, but he is pretty mature now and can be pretty wise.

Dunno, I don't care for the anime so I haven't checked anything on that.

Quote Quote:
    Naruto's capabilities are agreeably enormous. He's clever in battle, which was noted as a byproduct of his prankster days. So he's smart, just not book-smart, which doesn't really matter as long as he's not trying to be a medical nin. Everyone has their own strengths. Bolt probably has his own unique abilities - he has lightning affinity, for example. It would be nice to know more. They didn't really do him justice in the trailers and promotions because he's so... bratty.
    I think he could be book-smart as well, even if not anywhere close to Sakura or Sasuke. I think the movie will probably show Bolt maturing, maybe?

Quote Quote:
    No, Bolt's not ready at all. That much is certain, and that's why I can't wrap my head around his absurdly high skill level for his age. Under the assumption that his goal is simply to surpass his dad, he's not making decisions with the goal to protect people. The kid won't be able to reconcile killing the enemy over something superficial like being stronger than his dad. It's already questionable that he fully grasps the concept of hard work, so he's basically at the same stage Konohamaru was at at the very beginning. So... maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but his maturity level doesn't befit his skill level.

Even though Naruto didn't have to deal with killing enemies, he creatively went about ways to avoid killing enemies. I guess it's a different debate if he was mentally prepared or not, but at least he thought deeply and came up with alternatives.
    I don't know a thing about the movie, but I'm assuming that if he truly is this unprepared, he'll slowly be more ready throughout the movie and learn who the king. It's not like Naruto started out wanting to protect people, that came after he developed bonds and understood friendship and relationship.

Naruto had such benefit. Even if he aimed to kill, he never succeeded, it was usually Kakashi who finished off the enemy (Haku and Kakuzu), if not an enemy (Madara and Kaguya).

Same

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member nichendrix's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that given the amount of techniques the kid have at his disposal, hard work is a given, maybe not Naruto or Rock Lee's level, but certainly Sasuke and Neji's level of hardwork is expected.

About byakugan, nothing is confirmed, but there is a trailer where he aparently uses Juuken, so it isn't the most probable scenario, but there is something there, since Juuken was always tied to Byakugan, if he could use it without the eyes, they'll have to explain how.
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making another plans. (John Lennon)

New Reply
Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99