Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/23/15 - 3/29/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 447

Thread: ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ ┌(˘⌣˘)ʃ

  1. #166
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    5,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    I dont rememeber if I asked, have you read the locke lamora series by Scott Lynch? The third book came out this month and I was just about to read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

  2. #167
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post
    How many girlfriends have you had? Are they all Romanians?
    Relationships, or do 1 night stands, or weekend fun count?

    They were all romanian citizens yes, but we're hungarians

    ---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    I dont rememeber if I asked, have you read the locke lamora series by Scott Lynch? The third book came out this month and I was just about to read it.
    Not yet, but it has been on my reading list forever...I still dunno what should I start with...Diskworld, Chronicles of Amber, or Lies of Locke Lamora ...I wish I had some more time to read

    Any suggestions?

  3. #168
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    5,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Not yet, but it has been on my reading list forever...I still dunno what should I start with...Diskworld, Chronicles of Amber, or Lies of Locke Lamora ...I wish I had some more time to read

    Any suggestions?
    I tried to read Chronicles of Amber, I couldnt really get into it. I dont know, I'm not a big fan of *some* old fantasy. Stuff like the Belgriad, Chronicles of amber, Dragonriders of Perth. Those are like my unholy trinity. I just couldnt enjoy them but a lot of people absolutely adore them.

    Discworld is great. It's very funny and cleverly written, I always see them as outright satire books. Its like reading Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy, you enjoy for so many different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #169
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Anywhere I want to be :)
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    I tried to read Chronicles of Amber, I couldnt really get into it. I dont know, I'm not a big fan of *some* old fantasy. Stuff like the Belgriad, Chronicles of amber, Dragonriders of Perth. Those are like my unholy trinity. I just couldnt enjoy them but a lot of people absolutely adore them.

    Discworld is great. It's very funny and cleverly written, I always see them as outright satire books. Its like reading Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy, you enjoy for so many different reasons.
    I have been reading The Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy. Reading SF in english gives me headaches but it is an amazing book and I hope I will finish it. Do you have any suggestions regarding sf books?
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

  6. #170
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    5,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    A great SF book that I really enjoy is Enders Game. There is a film coming out about, but it has really bad spoilers in the trailer etc so if you're going to read it, try to avoid information about the film. I would really recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #171
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Anywhere I want to be :)
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    A great SF book that I really enjoy is Enders Game. There is a film coming out about, but it has really bad spoilers in the trailer etc so if you're going to read it, try to avoid information about the film. I would really recommend it.
    I heard about that book a couple of weeks ago. It sounds really interesting and I really want to read it but I don‘t have time right now. Altough highschool is amazing it keeps me busy
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

  9. #172
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post
    Kiss means Little in Hungarian.
    Nice.
    So I'm kiss in hungarian.
    Well...it's with one 's' ...but it's also kicsi, pici, apro, etc...

    ---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    I tried to read Chronicles of Amber, I couldnt really get into it. I dont know, I'm not a big fan of *some* old fantasy. Stuff like the Belgriad, Chronicles of amber, Dragonriders of Perth. Those are like my unholy trinity. I just couldnt enjoy them but a lot of people absolutely adore them.

    Discworld is great. It's very funny and cleverly written, I always see them as outright satire books. Its like reading Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy, you enjoy for so many different reasons.
    Oh cool, I love clever humor, it's one of the reasons I liked Malazan, it had some moments of great fun, despite the serious setting...I will try out both titles you mentioned here, cuz I have never heard of Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy...my international literature repertoire is quite low

    So Discworld it is then

    ---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    I have been reading The Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy. Reading SF in english gives me headaches but it is an amazing book and I hope I will finish it. Do you have any suggestions regarding sf books?
    You could try, China Mieville books, they are a blend of sci-fi and fantasy too at some point I guess...but more towards sci-fi, definitely, and it's actually in the cyberpunk genre...other cyberpunk stuff that probably should be read, or the grandparents of cyberpunk...Neuromancer, and Do Androids Dream of electric sheep?...these two are really good

  10. #173
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ♥ Robin Land ♥
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    Benny, do you read Fairy Tail!? If so, who is your favourite character!? I read your thread title and for some funny reason it reminded me of Gajeel~

  11. #174
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Benny, do you read Fairy Tail!? If so, who is your favourite character!? I read your thread title and for some funny reason it reminded me of Gajeel~
    I do ...and it's fun, and the author is crazy and doesn't give a shit about anything, and I like that about him ...favourite character, hmm...hard to say, because I'm not that invested in it to have one, but I guess Gildartz would be in the top, Laxus too, I think...

  12. #175
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ♥ Robin Land ♥
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    Good choices.

    Yea, I'm quite fond of Fairy Tail now. I like the light-hearted fun-factor about it. It's a slightly different kind of adventure compared to other titles and there's nothing really exactly the same as it. I get a good laugh from reading it too. :3

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #176
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow


  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #177
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Good choices.

    Yea, I'm quite fond of Fairy Tail now. I like the light-hearted fun-factor about it. It's a slightly different kind of adventure compared to other titles and there's nothing really exactly the same as it. I get a good laugh from reading it too. :3
    Yup, same here...and there were a few arcs, that started out dark, and people always got hopeful...just like now with Tartaros...so it seems fans never learn

    ---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post

  17. #178
    K-On is love K-On is live MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Lesotho
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,055
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Back to dancing!! \o/

    Bene, any recommendation for good dark fantasy novels?

  18. #179
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Back to dancing!! \o/

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Bene, any recommendation for good dark fantasy novels?
    The Black Company is pretty dark...and while it's not as dark, but has huge amounts of dark and tragic moments in it...the Malazan series by Steven Erickson...it's a huuge series, and his co-author has Ian C. Esslemont has a separate series based in the same world...

    Check it out, it's worth reading...the first book and the 3rd one belong to the same arc, I suggest starting with those 2 to get a taste of what's to come

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #180
    4 H E A D B O Y Z 最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    with my woes
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Back to dancing!! \o/

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    The Black Company is pretty dark...and while it's not as dark, but has huge amounts of dark and tragic moments in it...the Malazan series by Steven Erickson...it's a huuge series, and his co-author has Ian C. Esslemont has a separate series based in the same world...

    Check it out, it's worth reading...the first book and the 3rd one belong to the same arc, I suggest starting with those 2 to get a taste of what's to come
    You serious right now?

New Reply
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts