Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (8/10/15 - 8/23/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 639 by cnet128 , Gintama 555 (2) , One Piece 796 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 91 to 99 of 99

Thread: A theory on Titans in the Walls

  1. #91
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    She's not a martyr; she just wasn't successful at getting away like they were. At the same time, however, people have suggested before that she did intend to show the titans inside the wall to everyone, and I also see it as a reasonable possibility. The two motives aren't mutually exclusive.
    I doubt that Annie actually even cared about if whether or not the people within the walls saw the titans, because the initial objective of the enemy titan shifters was to simply exterminate all the people living within the walls. I don't see how liberating their enemy with knowledge that was kept secret from them would add value to the "hometown" shifters' cause.

  2. #92
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

    @TitanShift: I see, so you meant to say the same thing then. (By the way, I forgot to say: welcome to the boards!)

    Quote Originally Posted by LiarsParadox View Post
    I doubt that Annie actually even cared about if whether or not the people within the walls saw the titans, because the initial objective of the enemy titan shifters was to simply exterminate all the people living within the walls. I don't see how liberating their enemy with knowledge that was kept secret from them would add value to the "hometown" shifters' cause.
    We know that the titan trio ceased with their initial mission as soon as they learned Eren was a shifter. Then they kept trying to kidnap him, while essentially ignoring everyone else unless they got in the way. So we know (a) the mission has changed, and (b) Eren is important to them. It's no a certainty at all-- no one is claiming that-- but stirring things up by revealing disturbing facts about the world he (& the others) grew up in could work in her side's favour.

  3. #93
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Country
    Germany
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

    I don't think Annie damaged the wall on purpose on the contrary RAB
    and the Ape titan clearly avoided damaging the walls though the had the power too.
    I highly doubt anything mattered to A then getting away at that moment...

    And if worst comes to worst and Armin's statement about the wall titans
    going for a walk comes true that will also be the time of Annies comeback undoing her cocoon.
    Unless the find another way of getting her out or her village comes to the rescue.

  4. #94
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    @TitanShift: I see, so you meant to say the same thing then. (By the way, I forgot to say: welcome to the boards!)

    We know that the titan trio ceased with their initial mission as soon as they learned Eren was a shifter. Then they kept trying to kidnap him, while essentially ignoring everyone else unless they got in the way. So we know (a) the mission has changed, and (b) Eren is important to them. It's no a certainty at all-- no one is claiming that-- but stirring things up by revealing disturbing facts about the world he (& the others) grew up in could work in her side's favour.
    It might, but I still don't think that it's likely. I think that they would rather everyone in the walls just die. But, that's because I'm pretty convinced by this theory about a war between the Beast Titan's faction and the "Hometown" faction, because it fits what Eren said about them being cattle pretty well.

    If that theory is correct, then the trio, would rather that this supply of soldiers against their people be eliminated - even if those people are innocent.

    ---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 220kz View Post
    I don't think Annie damaged the wall on purpose on the contrary RAB
    and the Ape titan clearly avoided damaging the walls though the had the power too.
    I highly doubt anything mattered to A then getting away at that moment...

    And if worst comes to worst and Armin's statement about the wall titans
    going for a walk comes true that will also be the time of Annies comeback undoing her cocoon.
    Unless the find another way of getting her out or her village comes to the rescue.
    I'm interested in knowing about the place where the evil shifter trio came from. Obviously, they differ from the people within the walls, because they have no walls and their only way to fight the Titans is to become them.

    It took Reiner (what appeared to me in the manga) a full second to realize that a canned food was out of place there.

    If they are placed in a post-apocalyptic Germany, then I wonder if the people at Reiner's hometown are a little bit more advanced than Eren's people.

  5. #95
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    England
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

    If this theory may be correct that may explain why mikasas and her moms family (idk what they were called but they were like a tribe or something) disappeared and what happened to them

    ---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

    I just made an account but you know the titans, it seems that the skinless types (Annie bert) have some type of power, and im thinking because bert is the colossal titan similar to the titans in the walls maybe someone was trying to make him one? This may explain why he's so slow and maybe the 'person' who wanted to make him one wanted a member of his family back, believably all the wall titans are male someone tried to make a female? And make the walls stronger and make an 'armoured' one because they were afraid of 'something' or tried to protect 'something'.

    Also i think that titans haven't got control over their body but they have over atleast a small part of their brain because connies mother said welcome back and the other titan that spoke to the women tried to stop himself eating the women and talked but he couldn't like someone controled him which is most likely the 'beast' titan.

    I have a theory that there was a 'town' where someone created the titans and that town would be reiners/berts/annies home townand that maybe all of the people where shifter or changed into titans and they followed 'someone' and that 'someone' may 'created' the beast titan and the beast titan may have had intelligence and took over them and made him make titans and then the titan shifters knew they couldnt stop him unless someone else could control the titans eren! SO they made the walls out of shifter so the people (real royal family and people like rens dad) could gain time, and tried to make an injection to make a shifter like eren so somehow he can stop them.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #96
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    The wall titans might be shifters, or they might not, we just don't know right now. (I don't know if that was a typo but the walls go 50m high btw. Eren, Reiner, and Annie's titans are 15m class....At the same time, however, people have suggested before that she did intend to show the titans inside the wall to everyone, and I also see it as a reasonable possibility. The two motives aren't mutually exclusive.
    I don't think Annie had any good motives. I like the character and I am a fan of Eren/Annie, but the way she killed the Survey Corps members was brutal and sadistic. She didn't just kill them because she had too. She did it in creative ways that suggested she was enjoying it.



    If she meant to show the people in the city the Titans in the walls, it was to somehow cause panic and mayhem inside the walls in support of her mission.

    ---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MajiinX View Post
    I think it defiantly makes sense that the Titans in the wall are non sentient and were most likely forced their by a "coordinate" and without a coordinate to keep it in check it may start rampaging if it were to reactive from receiving light. Of course its also not likely that they want people to see it as it could potentially cause mass hysteria in the city.
    Another possibility is that the Titans in the walls ARE sentient beings, just like Annie is a sentient being that has been put into some suspended animation inside the crystal. I imagine these colossal type titans may also be in a similar state.

    There is another question as to whether or not they agreed to be inside the walls. If those titan's didn't want to be in the walls, that means that its possible for a "Coordinate" to have power over shifter titans, as well as normal titans. Interesting. Pastor Nick was worried the Titan might wake up and if it was left to do something of its own free will might do something to reveal the secrets of the walls. I think its safe to assume the Titans in the walls are not there willingly.

    Pastor Nick knew about the Titans in the walls before it appeared, and he knows how they function based on sunlight. That means Nick and a large number of people already know about the wall titans. That means that at a minimum, there is a conspiracy to keep information from the public. More likely is that the Wall Cult and royalty know all the secrets of the walls.

    I've said a few times that I think the AoT universe is just a human experiment. If that's true, then wall titans were setup to create the perfect human experiment. For what purpose, we don't yet know.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #97
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

    What you say about Annie doesn't contradict what I said there. I never said I thought she had good motives (although I do think she was truly sorry about the people she apologized to in Trost). My intent was only to suggest it's plausible that as a "last ditch" effort, she tried to reveal wall titans in hopes of fomenting fear/unrest/confusion, etc. I see her the same as Reiner or Bert. On the one hand they liked everyone in their squad and really did feel a bond with people there, BUT their mission and Bert/Reiner's village was top priority and kept their loyalties, first and foremost.

    If Wall Society is a human experiment (which it very well could be), it would seem the titans in the Walls are more likely to be there willingly. Otherwise there's some puppetmaster out there who's controlling all regular humans PLUS many/most titans. Much though I like cattle raising (human experiment) theory, I lean toward them not being there willingly though, based on the same things you mention with Pastor Nick. He's very hasty to get them covered up and he specifies not letting the sunlight onto them too (so it's probably not just about not letting the public see). I suppose it could all be explained by royal conspiracy but... yeah...
    Last edited by kannazuki; September 04, 2014 at 03:16 AM.

  10. #98
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Country
    Serbia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

    It is really nice to see people putting so much effort into discerning the truth of the walls here, I got motivated to join the forum and propose something myself

    Firstly, I agree that it is negotiable on who built the walls and to protect from who. If you think about everyday castles, you will see them squared with towers at the corners. Towers intentionally go outside of the straight lines of the walls so as to allow people on the towers to shoot at the people that are just under the walls while being covered by the ramparts.
    Now, that goes for castles defending the small area within the walls from a vast unknown.

    But in SnK we have a three-layered wall that is circular. That is not the best form when you want to defend the outside of the circle, you can only shoot down effectively. But it is perfect if something comes from the inside.
    Now, it may not do much here, it is titans that might attack so not much except excessive brute force is a good weapon, but I think it is mostly symbolical in nature.

    On the other hand, we have the case of Bertold and Reinier's comrade being eaten.
    That suggests that at some point shifters can't use their ability so they might be forced to rely on other means of defense, like cannons. This would support the idea of shifters building the walls to defend themselves.

    My second point to make is shifter creation. We have seen the Ape titan and it is certain he can create titans from people, but we have also seen Grischa doing something quite similar to Eren (his own son that then ate him, talk about bad parenting ) and it seems something similar is about to happen to Historia. Again, the father will be the culprit (social services would have their hands full here)

    It is obvious that means to create titans from people have been known for some time now and might have been used quite a lot.

    Now, "The Coordinate". It goes beyond a doubt that it's power is more than just directing ordinary titans to do things. Bertold and Reinier seemed to be afraid by it as well as wanting to capture it. This would mean that it could provide the user the power to control (almost?) any titan in existence.

    That, to me, sounds like the "invincible power" that used to be possessed by Frieda Reiss. But for how long was that power in possession of the Reiss family?

    Another ability that the Reiss bloodline seems to possess is the memory alteration. It should imply it is an ability easily transferred to descendants since the nobles of the Shina seem to possess it as well (nobility is usually in some bloodline with the king). I say this because one of the nobles threatens to Zackley (Zachary?) he will "forget how to eat or breathe even" (not and exact quote) implying he or someone close to him can alter his memories of anything.

    Reiss demonstrated this can be done on shifters too by altering Eren's memories (resurfacing them, to be exact).

    So, my theory is as follows:
    Long before the wall was built, Reiss ancestors controlled the humanity from shadows. Humans could have been also slaves. At some point, shifters raised a rebellion and cornered them in some castle/stronghold that is on a raised area near the center of the walls. Around that area they built a wall as a sort of prison. They need not have used Colossal titans exclusively, just some brave ones willing to lay down their lives for the greater cause, making them heroes.
    At some point, somehow, a way to make titans out of humans was discovered. Reiss used this in combination with his powers to have one of the humans eat an Ape titan and get a Coordinate power. This turned their prison into a fort and allowed for humanity to live on since no attacks could be made as they would be turned back by the Coordinator.

    This is just a suggestion, but one thing still left to be disclosed is the Ackerman bloodline. Seems they are special in a way and that it might just be a lucky break for humanity that it was Mikasa that the wall titan first saw.
    The reason why the priest didn't want the titan to wake was because it might realize that the wall now guards humans instead of imprisoning them.

    I wrote a lot, might still elaborate further but it's enough for now

  11. #99
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sweaty Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls

    So I haven't read the manga but Ive seen all of the anime so far and read some spoilers, but I feel like that the ghost titans (titans in walls) are only in the inner walls just for a backup plan to protect something/someone that's very important. I think if a titan smashed through the inner walls the ghost titans would wake up due to the sunlight and either crystallize and make a giant indestructible wall that would keep them inside forever or they would start wrecking the titans breaking in. What really confuses me is that why would Annie and the other shifters would help the Titans, really hoping they make another season if not I'm going to have to read the manga.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts