Yuno Gasai [Mirai Nikki]
Ayase Aragaki [OreImo]
Palm Siberia [Hunter X Hunter]
Anime Character Showdown!
Where Characters Battle For Ultimate Glory
Welcome to the first edition of the Anime Character Showdown. This is where your beloved animated characters will fight for the ultimate glory... No matter how unique, strong, cute or beautiful... Everyone is the same in front of your eyes!
With this we proudly present our first Showdown. The Yandere edition!
Here are the nomination rules:
- Any member of MangaHelpers can nominate one anime character for the showdown by posting in this thread and explaining why said character should participate in the showdown. Please post a link to a picture of the character you’re nominating.
- The nomination period will close once we have 12 nominees or a fixed amount of time has passed. The showdown will then begin right away.
The voting rules:
- You can only vote for 1 character, so choose wisely.
- The voting will be done by voting in a poll.
- We’ll have 2 rounds, the first round will last 48 hours, so the voting period will be of 48 hours and the final round will last 72 hours.
- Only the 3 characters with the most votes will make it to the final round until finally one will be crowned as the absolute winner of the showdown. In case of a tie, we’ll have another round to break the tie.
- If only 3 characters are nominated after the nomination period has passed we will start with the final round right away.
- As soon as the first round has ended, it will be closed. After that I will reveal / count the votes and then I'll start the final round with the characters that have proceeded.
- You’re more than welcome to discuss the characters participating in the showdown.
-Please don’t bash the character a member nominates nor bash the person who nominates said character. This is for fun! <3~
- And please remember, the forum rules also apply to this thread.
- Rules will be edited as necessary.
- End of the Nomination period: September 10, 2013.
Last edited by Sky; September 10, 2013 at 09:37 AM.
I would like to nominate:Quote:
Mizuki Himeji from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu. She is very gentle, sweet and kind but she can go into Yandere mode when she gets jealous.
Usually when a character becomes Yandere, she/he gets scary and crazy, but with Himeji…well yeah, she becomes a bit scary and crazy but her Yandere side is also funny and that is why I would like to nominate Mizuki for this showdown.
I nominate Kotonoha Katsura from School Days. The way I see, it'd be a major flaw of the showdown, if a psychopathic lover like her was left out.
Ayase from Oreimo
If onii-san does anything pervy, she has her handcuffs ready.
I'll nominate Ryoko Asakura from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
A very cute girl but she wouldn't even think twice about killing you if are in her way... Scary...
I would like to nominate Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki. Though I've never watched the anime, I've heard rumors about her and her yandere side, and I kind of like her. Seeing the pics and gifs of her just proves how interesting her character was.
gosh.. I would like to nominate another character... too bad I can only have one nomination
I nominate Lucy from Elfenlied
Elfenlied was one of the first animes i watched after learning that there are other animes than Dragonball, Pokemon, Digimon or whatever out there and i have to say, the character of Lucy kind of shocked me, both of her sides, meaning her cruelty but also her naivety as Ny.
Argh... It's so hard to decide between Yuno and Lucy...
I guess Yuno is crazier, so I'll go with her.
Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki.
Last edited by THM Nindo; September 06, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
I'd like to nominate Shannon from Umineko. After all, you'd have to be a Yandere to orchestrate mass murder and blow up an entire island just to make your childhood crush notice you.
here's some characters i haven't seen mentioned here yet, that i think should qualify as yandere:
Toma (from amnesia)
My vote would be for Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica:
...but, Kyubey isn't a girl, and doesn't have a particular love interest, so much as he's the cute companion of magical girls.
So, Gasai Yuno is best in my books. There are just so many tense scenes with her that, unlike other anime, aren't just overt psychopathic. In fact, she can be creepy even when she's not holding a knife in hand.
Last edited by Aarowaim; September 05, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
Given the situation this seems befitting
As for my nomination I'll choose Juvia Lockser from Fairy Tail
I nominate Rena Ryuuguu from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
She's the first child yandere I came upon, seeing her go yan for the first time was quite disturbing, especially because it was pretty extreme. A lot of characters in Higurashi go ham but Rena still is the most hardcore, if push comes to shove. On the other hand she can be incredibly cute and quite badass, if she gets a bit less crazy serious.