Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/6/15 - 4/12/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
MangaHelpers Art Contest Week 47-48 ~ Reflection Photography
This fortnight's art contest category is Photography with the theme set as Reflection, a suggestion made by Akia999. The goal is to show a scene that appears duplicated, somehow, by a reflective surface/substance. You can use glass, lenses, crystals, liquids, bubbles, eyes, or even a salt desert like the one bellow:
Source: Salar de Uyuni
- All members may join this competition. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to join the contest.
- Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
- Each participant can only submit ONE entry and that entry should be new (meaning it must not have been used in contests hosted by MangaHelpers previously).
- Use MangaHelpers' Image Gallery to upload your entries. Any problem with uploading, let us know.
- Submissions not following the week's theme will automatically result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it here.
- Submission is open until September 15th, 2013 at 21:00 (GMT)
Uploading and Submitting Entries:
- Go HERE.
- Click the browse button near the upload area option.
- After upload is completed, you'll be redirected to your uploaded image.
- Right click the image and copy it's link URL (and not the image URL).
- Click the "Insert Image" button, while creating your post here, add the link there, using the proper post format.
ExampleCode:"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Artist Name" (Large size thumbnail - upload image to image gallery.) "Comments" "Credits"
Female - Sayuri by Leen Stock / Credits: from Planetrenders.net
- Voting will proceed after submission period is over, that is September 15th, 2013.
- Announcement of winners and next contest and new theme will be done 7 days after the voting period is over.
Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by Farfalla; September 01, 2013 at 06:51 PM.
Reflection Photography - "Dr. Pepper Cherries and a New Shaved Me" - FaustXIII
This is from 2 months ago when I finally got my very first cherry flavored Dr. Peppers.
The reflection was not good.
It fits the theme so I uploaded it even though the quality of the picture was not that good and the possibility of winning is very low.
Last edited by FaustXIII; September 02, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
Ok. So here is my first attempt. I'm not much of a pro; however, I would love to become one...any help Gumi???
My desktop image for a long time
I think it matches the theme but it's by a professional artist so it's a bit unfair :-).
Reflection - ad lib by Utsune
Comment: I was visiting the city I used to live in, the city where I met all the great people in life. And there I was walking down the street with my Senpai when I saw this building and went, "Woah I like that blue tinge on the mirror." It was lightly raining at the time. Take the meaning behind the photo however you want it, I certainly know how I take it myself
Credits to my Senpai who (sorta) modelled for me (hand only.) Also thanks to all my family and friends.
(Not a real submission, but I was just happening to be messing around with my new camera and noticed my desk is kind of reflective)
Last edited by Sai_the_Shaman; September 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
i almost missed this one D:
Afterimage by Shinsengumi
i took this pic from behind the window and its her reflection on the watermark on the glass
note:i think its too big but i already uploaded this way and couldnt delete it from the site's server ,i hope somebody can fix it for me ^__________________________________________^