I don't know where to put it, and because it concern one of my favs in SnK, I'll post it here. They had a live reading event, and they told Jean's backstory :
“Three years ago, when I decided to enlist into military training, everyone in Trost laughs at me – friends, acquaintances, everyone. They saw me as a joke. Saying how I must have been crazy to decide joining the military. No, that must be how most in the world think, simply going with the flow. ‘It’s true being a farmer’s backbreaking labour. Even though (we’ll) still be poor with all the hard work, but at least (we) won’t be titans food’, those people would say.
Don’t * with me. I’ll join the MP to “fight back”. I’ll become MP, and live peacefully, lavishly in the inner lands. I’ll become MP and say to those people, “Just you see.” Then I earned the qualification to become MP; without help from anyone, all accomplished by my own strength.
But I’ve chosen (to join) the Scouting Legion. Why… “
I don't have a top 10, more like a top 5
This are currently my top 10.
What no votes for PIKSHISSUUUU!!!! Makes me wanna commit suicide by jumping into the mouth of a hot female titan.....
Actually, I don't have a top 10, but just a top 5. Don't misunderstand, i love lots of characters, but I don't know which one to put in te positions 6,7,8,9,10.
1) Jean: he first thinks only about himself, but them he joins the scouting legion and become selfless. He is also someone who thinks what is the best thing to do.
2) Erwin: he is a commander and the lifes of all the men of scouting legion depend from his decision. He sacrifices everything that could help humans aganist titans, doesn't matter what does he would have to do. Besides, he says the truth about his decisions.
4) Dot Pixis: it's me ^^
I really love all characters so making a list of my favorites is really hard for me. But I'll try:
1. Armin: one of the best cases of character development I've read. Goes from the almost stereotypical nerdy wimp to a rather pragmatic strategist, whose advise is heard even among the high ranks of the military.
2. Erwin: Ruthless and pragmatic, yet has a human heart. For all his talk of sacrifice and doing his duty to humanity, he is deep down only human. And he doesn't view that as a weakness. Also he has the biggest nerves of steel I've ever seen.
3. Jean: just like with Armin, he is a really great case of character development. He also has one of the most realistic characterizations I've seen.
4. Mikasa: and not because she's just badass. She is not only an example of a strong woman, but she is an example of a strong woman done right, and those are rare. Yes, she is strong, skilled, stoic, confident etc, etc, but she's also egoistical, which adds to her humanization. She also has some really small moments where she drops her stoic persona (moments that have nothing to do with Eren or Armin, mind you), like when she saluted that little girl after she saved her during the Battle of Trost, or when she failed to kill Reiner and Bertl because of the times she spent with them during the military training.
5. Keith: At a first glance he is the stereotypical drill sergeant, a hard, ruthless trainer who occasionally shows a more empathetic side. However the fact that he knows Grisha, and his appearance in Grisha's memories when Eren saw them makes him a very mysterious character. And I like that. He is most likely a Chekhov's Gunman, mark my words.