- Kabuto painstakingly finds Madara's corpse, uses it's DNA to ET him.
- Discovers a useless, wrinkled old prune that just won't do for combat.
- Studies his body anyways (...) and learns about his Hashirama cells/maybe even Rinnegan.
- Discards the old ET and begins researching every miniscule thing about Madara.
- Somehow somewhere, Kabuto finds a sample of his DNA from when he was younger, maybe a hair in a tree at VotE. Don't look at me like that, Kishi gave Sasuke the answer to DDS by having Juugo punch a wall. He loves that shit. Maybe Madara had a lover who kept a lock of his luscious hair from when he was in his 20's.
- After much trial and error, he summons a young Madara and replicates the changes Madara made to his own body in older age. Kabuto outright states that he had many failures. I'd think he was talking about Madara's special ET since the basic ET is so pathetically simple.
Or since implants can become part of your soul (like your favorite outfit), it's not too much of a stretch to believe that even being summoned as a younger version with different DNA, he still had Mokuton/Rinnegan/H-cells because they became bound to his soul before death, like Kin/Gin's bijuu chakra, Hanzou's poison sac, etc.
TLDR; ET's rule about the summoned being as they were at the time of death is only a rule because the users of ET almost always use DNA off the corpse, which would have 'died' when the person died. Nobody ever considered finding DNA from a different point in the person's life before Kabuto.
Last edited by badluckartist; September 07, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
One major hole in this though - DNA doesn't change at all throughout a person's life, you have the same (minus mutations here and there due to random errors) DNA throughout your entire life. The genetic code is always the same, it's the gene expression that changes over time. Aging is a process that doesn't impact your coding DNA, look up telomeres if you want to learn more.
So even if Kabuto found old wrinkly Madara's DNA, that was more than enough for him to revive Madara in his prime. Same goes for DNA taken off any corpse. DNA is DNA, it doesn't change a significant amount as you age.
Last edited by chibistar6; September 07, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
It was probably adding Hash-brown's DNA that allowed Kabuto to summon a younger Madara.
I don't think it has to be that complex.
---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------
---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------
Don't know why I just thought of it, but you should watch Betterman. Good stuff for people who like wacky science.
---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------
oof, right in the science. alright, yeah, science is a liiittle kooky in this series, especially anytime Orochimaru has anything to do with it. but I refuse to believe that basic laws can't apply :x
here's my vain attempt at defending the laws of science in the Narutoverse: gene splicing. anything and everything that's cray (and that doesn't involve chakra) about Narutoverse science is all cuz of gene splicing. Madara's Harshirama-face plastic surgery, Kabuto popping the Sound4 outta his chest, etcetc, it's all because they went through the trouble of splicing the specific genes that gave the poor victim their abilities into themselves. and then some funky other science-y business to have access to those powers at will. like upregulating that specific protein expression maybe (curse seal, anyone?), and making the ability more accessible via chakra activation.....no magic. none. I refuse to believe it's magic
^ DOCTOR SNAKES HAS SPOKEN
no seriously trying to apply science to a series that had Orochimaru stealing faces as far back as chapter fifty or so is a no go.
Not as ridiculous as the most basic of abilities like Kawarimi no jutsu and Henge no jutsu.
---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------
In case of a mutation (not by birth but on a later stage of life) DNA will be changed ,
IN case of Madara If you get the DNA of Madara before the fight of VOTE and After the fight (Presumably Injecting power of Hashirama)
Both DNAs will be different...(I think so )
In conclusion, Kabutos a freak. His penis is probably a corn snake at this point. Haha well not anymore since Orochimaru stole everything.
And just a question, does Orochimaru posses the ability of sage mode?