Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 636 by cnet128 , Gintama 552 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: Shichibukai Bounties

  1. #31
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    you have to be realistic, it was a very long range attack,who knows how many KM's away.
    And jozu didnt block it, he deflected the attack in the air.
    Kilometres away? Seriously? Akainu and Akoiji fought across an entire island changing its climate, and somehow the distance, which based on the manga wouldn't be measured in kilometres, between Mihawk and the middle of the plaza is a big deal. And Jozu stopped the attack, whether you wish to classify it as a block or a deflection, it doesn't change the fact that Mihawk's attack was easily managed. If Mihawk thought his attack would've lost significant power before it got to WB, he wouldn't have bothered. The entire purpose of the attack was to compare his strength to Whitebeard's. Either one of Mihawk's most powerful attacks was handled without much concern by Jozu, or Mihawk was just wasting everyone's time with his grand declaration of determining the difference between himself and WB. So either he isn't as strong as you suggest, or he's an idiot that likes to pursue fruitless endeavours. I find it hard to believe that Mihawk is an idiot, so I'm going to go with the former.

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    its funny how you classify mihawk as not so strong because an attack has been deflected by a guy made out of diamont lol

  3. #33
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    its funny how you classify mihawk as not so strong because an attack has been deflected by a guy made out of diamont lol
    Its the fact that Diamond Jozu isn't above the Admiral level and he easily deflected the move.
    I don't think its too much down to his Fruit.
    WB didn't even flinch at the slash by Mihawk. So there isn't anything that Mihawk has done that is truly impressive in the series yet.

    All we know is that Mihwak is at the Yonkou level since he was equal to Shanks with two-arms.
    And from the Yonkou's we've seen, there is nothing to suggest they would "Kill Admirals out of boredom" like you said.

  4. #34
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    El Dorado
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    I think Mihawk (worlds strongest swordsman) is stronger then shanks (worlds second strongest swordman perhaps?) , and shanks is stronger then admirals.
    This has to be the worst. I am replying to a post from a year ago. However since it was addressed to me I feel I have to clear something. There is too much flawed reasoning in you statement. Shanks is indeed slightly stronger than an admiral. However take into account that his power also takes into account his advanced haki.

    Mihawk the worlds strongest man sort out Shanks to fight him. He has the better technique and great finesse that exceeds that of all other swordsman. But with advanced haki and great deal of strength Shanks an unrefined swordsman per say could keep up with Mihawk. Strictly speaking as swordsman Mihawk is the better man but on in overall Shanks > Mihawk.

    With that said I will say here that Mihawk is an admiral level fighter in that he can give a good fight but a wins is a stretch.

  5. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Eurus View Post
    This has to be the worst. I am replying to a post from a year ago. However since it was addressed to me I feel I have to clear something. There is too much flawed reasoning in you statement. Shanks is indeed slightly stronger than an admiral. However take into account that his power also takes into account his advanced haki.

    Mihawk the worlds strongest man sort out Shanks to fight him. He has the better technique and great finesse that exceeds that of all other swordsman. But with advanced haki and great deal of strength Shanks an unrefined swordsman per say could keep up with Mihawk. Strictly speaking as swordsman Mihawk is the better man but on in overall Shanks > Mihawk.

    With that said I will say here that Mihawk is an admiral level fighter in that he can give a good fight but a wins is a stretch.
    Well, I don't think winning against a marine admiral would be too much of a stretch. Any fighter strong enough to combat Shanks on more or less equal ground repeatedly, should be able to come out victorious against a marine admiral with great difficulty.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  6. #36
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    El Dorado
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Well, I don't think winning against a marine admiral would be too much of a stretch. Any fighter strong enough to combat Shanks on more or less equal ground repeatedly, should be able to come out victorious against a marine admiral with great difficulty.
    That was 12 years ago. To give you a comparison during the East Blue saga Zoro and Luffy were on a near equal standing. Once they crossed into the GL and Luffy started taking way stronger opponents that gap widen fast. Look at their relative strength after one year. Tell me what happens after 12?

  7. #37
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ladylola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    dans ton cul!
    Country
    The Wall
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    I expect DD's bounty to raise a lot after this if he makes it alive. It should be at least 400 millions imo after all the damage he's done.

  8. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    I expect DD's bounty to raise a lot after this if he makes it alive. It should be at least 400 millions imo after all the damage he's done.
    If he'll make it out alive. I think that DD will be killed one way or another after his defeat against Luffy.

  9. #39
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ladylola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    dans ton cul!
    Country
    The Wall
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Marzarret View Post
    If he'll make it out alive. I think that DD will be killed one way or another after his defeat against Luffy.
    Apparently Oda doesn't like to kill off characters, and when he does it's mostly for something really significant. And I noticed most characters that die in OP are good guys, so maybe even a monster like DD could make it out alive.
    His original bounty was 340 millions, so it would be nice if it got above 400 mil, maybe even double that amount.

  10. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Apparently Oda doesn't like to kill off characters, and when he does it's mostly for something really significant. And I noticed most characters that die in OP are good guys, so maybe even a monster like DD could make it out alive.
    His original bounty was 340 millions, so it would be nice if it got above 400 mil, maybe even double that amount.
    But there are ruthless names that are aiming for his head after this arc is over. One is Kaido, the other are the Celestial Dragons, and lastly is Dragon.

  11. #41
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ladylola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    dans ton cul!
    Country
    The Wall
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Marzarret View Post
    But there are ruthless names that are aiming for his head after this arc is over. One is Kaido, the other are the Celestial Dragons, and lastly is Dragon.
    Dragon? Why? The only reason the revolutionaries are interested in Dressrosa is the weapon factory, whom we we're not really sure why they're looking for it (to destory it or take all its weapons). I don't think Dragon will target DD as long as he can make sure that the weapon factory is destroyed, and DD will have his hands full, while trying to escape his enemies so I doubt he could stirr more conflict.

  12. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Dragon? Why? The only reason the revolutionaries are interested in Dressrosa is the weapon factory, whom we we're not really sure why they're looking for it (to destory it or take all its weapons). I don't think Dragon will target DD as long as he can make sure that the weapon factory is destroyed, and DD will have his hands full, while trying to escape his enemies so I doubt he could stirr more conflict.
    DD is a Celestial Dragon, former or not, he is a tyrant king and those type of people are what Dragon hates the most. And since Sabo is around I kind of expecting that he might as well make a short appearance in the aftermath of this arc.

  13. #43
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ladylola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    dans ton cul!
    Country
    The Wall
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    6,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Marzarret View Post
    DD is a Celestial Dragon, former or not, he is a tyrant king and those type of people are what Dragon hates the most. And since Sabo is around I kind of expecting that he might as well make a short appearance in the aftermath of this arc.
    Where was it shown that Dragon went out of his way to kill a CD? If I'm not mistaken he didn't do anything to the CDs that targeted Sabo's ship, if indeed he was around at that moment. And I doubt he will do it for Luffy.

  14. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Where was it shown that Dragon went out of his way to kill a CD? If I'm not mistaken he didn't do anything to the CDs that targeted Sabo's ship, if indeed he was around at that moment. And I doubt he will do it for Luffy.
    That time he prioritized saving Sabo than attacking Sabo. Not to mention that during that time, Dragon is not yet a huge threat against the WG as well as he doesn't have the power and influence that he has now. Remember that when Vivi was just a kid, Cobra and the other Kings had a meeting in Mariejois concerning the recent actions of Dragon and his potential threat in the future meaning that he doesn't have much power back then. Those time as just the same or near the time that he saved Sabo, if he had attacked a CD back then, then the entire RA would have been obliterated.

  15. #45
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    20,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shichibukai Bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    I expect DD's bounty to raise a lot after this if he makes it alive. It should be at least 400 millions imo after all the damage he's done.
    Law got 440 mil and he has not done a tenth of what dogflamingo has done though. And ace had 550mil and he was probably not quite as dangerous or as powerful as doflamingo. I'd say that do flamingo should get at least 600mil.... Though I doubt the world government or kaido will let him walk away.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts