At the beginning of Prince of Tennis, pairs played knockout singles to determine who would 'stay at the camp'. I was wondering what would happen if those pairs in the current time frame played a doubles tournament.
So I split the pairs into four blocks and I discounted Kadowaki/Tachibana, Minami/Echizen, Sakata/Krauser, Chinen/Tanishi, Ibu/Kamio, and Hirakoba/Misami because they contain one or more joke characters. Then I added in one more pair to make it 20 which was Tachibana/Hirakoba.
Pick who you think are the best two from each block and then we can decide from that top 8 who the best pairs are.
Last edited by floman; November 07, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
With the current ability level or the level at that time? also is Momoshiro still injure?
In that case, I'll go for these.
Mine would be pretty similar:
Exactly since the jimmies didn't pair with each other they are kinda useless. We know nothing about Chinen. I am so confused at how his stats are so good. I
bu and Kamio are basically irrelevant after Shtenhouji came into the picture. Ibu couldn't last one point against Kin-Chan. I didn't want to include them because they would get eliminated so easily it wouldn't be close.
Minami was paired with freaking Echizen, the most OP character in the series. Kentarou being a doubles specialist might help Echizen and make him understand the basics in doubles.
Chinen/Tanishi are better than Bane/David, a pair that you included.
I didn't think it would be a huge deal. I just chose to have 20 pairs instead of 25. If I only got rid of Sakata and Kadowaki it left 23 and I wanted to make either 5 or 4 blocks. Who would you think would be the winner in each block?
It doesn't matter, in the end Yukimura/Sanada rape, unless PoP is good enough to handle both of them at the same time.
That's basically the question in the end. Also is PoP Kintarou with Chitose > PoP Tezuka with Kaido?
Even still within the blocks there are some interesting match ups. Like Kite/Kai versus Marui/Jackal. All of the Block Ds are pretty close to each other (except Kintarou and Chitose).
Can Renji/Kirhara beat Niou/Yagyuu with Renji's data? Make a list for who you think would advance to the next round.
I want to point out there's a good possibility that PoP could solo Yukimura and Sanada. It's not like Yukimura even win 1 point against someone in PoP. As for Sanada, he win only 1 point against Shuuji. Take into consderation that Shuuji is a draw with Oni. Now take that PoP Kintarou can take 1 game from PoP Oni, and I think it's a very real possibility.
It will be interesting but I want to debate the first stages first
1. Yukimura/Sanada is set here, no questions asked.
2. I was gonna put Marui/Jackal here at first, but after thinking about it more, it feels like Kite/Kai would have an edge. If Jackal had some offensive option besides Jackal Fang, I'd maybe decide in their favour instead, but as it stands and given the fact that Kai's Shukuchihou gets a boost in doubles, I'd go with the Higa pair.
2. I feel like any of the other pairs could be second here, and both Renji/Kirihara and Konjiki/Gin are hard to measure in the first place because they technically only need one hit to turn the match around. Gonna go with Renji/Kirihara though, I think, because Konjiki, Oishi and Kikumaru are kinda lacking as singles players and I'd imagine Renji to be the best doubles player out of him, Niou and Yagyuu. Like I said at the beginning, this one's really close though.
EDIT: Changing to Niou/Yagyuu.
1. Atobe/Hiyoshi. Atobe is by far the strongest player in this block and Hiyoshi isn't terrible.
2. This one's also kinda tough, although not as bad as the Block B decision. Fuji/Yuuta are not up for consideration, but the other three all have some qualities that would make me consider them. Shiraishi/Kenya are probably the strongest overall, but Momoshiro has the threat of BJK and Inui/Mizuki might be hard to play against if they manage to obtain all the necessary data. If we're treating this as a round robin kinda thing, how those three pairs do against Fuji/Yuuta is kind of a tiebreaker and Shiraishi/Kenya probably have an edge over the other two there, so I'm picking them.
Last edited by Kaoz; November 08, 2013 at 04:44 AM.
I have always wondered how good Synchro actually is. The Mutsu twins were high level and had attained synchro, but were not the best doubles team in the 11-20 players.
Also would it be easier for Renji to utilize his data if they are in synchro? It's a pretty confusing topic.
For Block D, I just feel like Kawamura would be the weak point in this doubles team. Assuming Hirakoba can spam the Ohabu, Kawamura's power is sealed. Tachibana may not be able to match up to Akutsu perfectly, but I think he could put up a fight. Since Hirakoba >> Kawamura and Akutsu > Tachibana, I would think that Hirakoba/Tachibana would win.