Vegeta [Dragon Ball Z]
Roronoa Zoro [One Piece]
Anime Character Showdown!
Where Characters Battle For Ultimate Glory
Welcome to the tenth edition of the Anime Character Showdown. This is where your beloved animated characters will fight for the ultimate glory... No matter how unique, strong, cute or beautiful... Everyone is the same in front of your eyes!
Let's start the tenth showdown. The Most Badass Male edition!
Here are the nomination rules:
- Any member of MangaHelpers can nominate one character for the showdown by posting in this thread and explaining why said character should participate in the showdown. Please add a picture and/or a video to your nomination.
- The nomination period will close once a fixed amount of time has passed. The showdown will then begin right away.
The voting rules:
- You can only vote for 1 character, so choose wisely.
- The voting will be done by voting in a poll.
- We’ll have 2 rounds, the first round will last 72 hours, so the voting period will be of 72 hours and the final round will last 72 hour too.
- If the amount of nominations reaches a certain number, we will divide them into groups. Each group will have its own voting period.
- Only the 3 characters with the most votes will make it to the final round until finally one will be crowned as the absolute winner of the showdown. In case of a tie, we’ll have another round to break the tie. [Also applies to the group stage.]
- If only 3 characters are nominated after the nomination period has passed, we will start with the final round right away.
- As soon as the first round has ended, it will be closed. After that I will reveal / count the votes and then I'll start the final round with the characters that have proceeded.
- You’re more than welcome to discuss the characters participating in the showdown.
-Please don’t bash the character a member nominates nor bash the person who nominates said ability. This is for fun! <3~
- And please remember, the forum rules also apply to this thread.
- Rules will be edited as necessary.
- End of the Nomination period: [11pm CEST] July 11, 2014.
Last edited by Skyguardian; July 25, 2014 at 07:51 AM.
I nominate Hei, from Darker than Black :
Last edited by Erinyes; July 02, 2014 at 06:21 PM.
I nominate Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star .
I nominate Sakamaki Izayoi from Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
I support Jotaro campaign, no need to nominate another one from me.
ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora ora /Kaiten
Last edited by Kaiten; July 02, 2014 at 09:18 PM.
And for just once in a while ill do it by the rulesOriginally Posted by Skyguardian
So uhm...when i was thinkin about whom to nominate..i came to realisation there is two major groups of badassery i know..
The first one is a "Batman complex" i like most of those characters, they are for example Hei, Emiya Kiritsugu and even Spike at some point. They are smart, cunning and crafty and can kick some asses...and when i think about kicking asses there is another type of badassery the monster type of badassery such as Zaraki ,Alexander Anderson or Guts..they are not realy crafty and cunning, but they woop tonns of asses with laughter and taunts....and then i start thinking..am i know character who can be in both categorys at the same time?....and the closest one i can think of is....
I nominate Levi Ackerman from SNK series.
He is cold, smart and deadly even to something 10 times bigger than him. Titans? Easy. Humans? Okay. DUST ON THE SHELF?! DESTROY ON SIGHT!!!
I'm going with Zebra from Toriko.
The man was basically put on death row, being continuously executed and enjoyed it since none of the methods could kill him. Plus he'll kill anyone who whispers bad things about him or acts cocky, and since his hearing is superhuman you'd better not say anything within a few miles at least. Plus he can kill/saves thousands of monsters/people with sound. Yet he can sometimes be the likable badass who still has the gruesome resume to remain so.
Last edited by obamamania; July 02, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Some obvious killer badasses could be Alucard from Hellsing, Musashi from Vagabond, Guts from Berserk, Kenpachi from Bleach, etc however I'm sure others will name those so I'll go with someone else.
D from Vampire Hunter D.
Last edited by jakensama; July 03, 2014 at 05:37 PM.
Just for once I'm not going to nominate someone from Berserk. I nominate Sinbad from Magi the Labyrinth of magic
He captured the first dungeon of the current era at the age of 15. He has seven Djinns and he created his own country.He also created the Seven seas alliance, which is one of the most powerful forces in the world of Magi, along with the Kou empire. He's also half fallen and is able to use both white and black rukh.
The School's Disciplinary Comitee, Vongola Gurdian of the Sky. Hibari Kyoya is definitely a badass.
Ousawa Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.
Powerful badass that knows how to handle girls.
Last edited by totalvamp; July 03, 2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: changed the picture(better one)