After chapter 688, I've became really curious with what exactly is the afterlife in the Naruto universe. As shown time and time again, Souls are able to be summon (edo tensei) reincarnated, implanted into others (Minato and Kushina) or just jump right into the living world just like what Obito or Hagoromo did.
Death isn't really the end for a lot of these characters. Is there no laws or boundaries between the living world and the afterlife. Do you believe other strong beings can just jump back into the living world if they so choose?
Hagoromo is a demi-god so he can do everything, who cares.
Obito used Kamui, plus he wasn't in afterworld. More like a "limbo", since his ghost raised from his ashes. The fact that Rin said "I'll wait you here" means that "there" is not really the afterworld, but just some "passage" which leads to the true afterworld
If you've seen Star Wars, then you can see a parallel between the Star Wars universe and the Naruto universe.
Force users = Shinobi/Chakra Users
Force users can become astral entities after dying and interact with the living = Chakra users become spirits that can return to the living world and interact with the living.
Naruto manga have some real problem ...
Kishi just saying kids that no matter what they do ( even if they put humanity in the verge of destruction and kill thousands ) after their death , they will get 13 years old virgin to spend rest of life with her ...
so there is no point for being good in Narutoverse ....
just go and kill other , steal their wealth and rape their women and in the end you will go to heaven with 13 years old virgin
side note , if I was a Japanese in Japan culture ministry ( or wherever that control books and magazines ) , I would just ban this manga for spreading criminal idea among children ....
Last edited by mh200; August 07, 2014 at 10:46 AM.
Obito died and Kakashi is still alive, that's more than enough as a "teaching". The manga says that if you are evil you die young. In reality the afterlife doesn't even exist, it's just a lie
Hagaromo was a "god" when he had the ten tails in him. Taking that back, he was a god even without it. I don't know about his brother. His mom was definitely a `stronger "god"like figure than even him. Naruto and Sasuke are demi gods. And i hope Kakashi gets on their level too, and gets to keep his MS. -__-
But yea the concept of death is totally screwed. It makes sense about the Edo Tensei but I think the fully on god-like characters should be the only ones to have the abiltiy to come back. Hagaromo and his brother, his mother, and at this point Naruto and Sasuke at this point. But I don't know about Obito, that seemed like a total ass pull fan service.
Alright so let's examine all our encounters with the after-life in Naruto.
- Kakashi, upon his encounter with his father after being killed by Pein, heard his father say to him that he could 'finally move on' while he was being brought back to life.
- Edo Tensei calls the spirit back from the dead...
- Tsunade's boyfriend Dan...going all Danny Phantom to save Tsunade...as a spirit..
- Orochimaru being killed on several occasions...and sealed by Itachi...yet still able to be revived simply because his chakra signature remains in the living world...
- The sage of the six paths transferring the power of bijuus to Naruto and giving Sasuke a free eye power-up...during pretty much death...
- A blind Itachi, transferring his 'full' sharingan technique of Amaterasu to Sasuke in death.
- Obito transferring his 'full' sharingan techniques of Kamui to Kakashi in death, including Susano'o.
It seems that the ultra powerful can* "survive" death in that they can pass legacy down.
The Sage, and his two sons for sure. Kaguya apparently too. Plus now semi Obito.
All have shown to be able to come back and give "gifts" from the dead, either actually give them or symbolically give in the case of Sauske/Indra.
Last edited by Agallion; August 12, 2014 at 10:12 AM.
Kamui means Divine Authority of the gods. it's meaning eluded me for some time until Obito's asspull. Thereafter after much reflection, it no longer felt like an asspull.
We know that the very skilled could implant their will into others, Pain did it, the Sage did it, Orochimaru did it, and Itachi did it. We also know that Kamui allows Tobi to transcend dimensions. And we also know that a deceased person's spirit retains the actual essence of their eyes, Madara had his eyes as a zombie, and Itachi had his eyes as a Zombie, so did Pain.
Dan, as a ghost being gave Tsunade all of his charka, and Tobi did the same for Kakashi. He probably gave Kakashi the essence of his eye's power, ensuring to seal it within Kakashi's eyes until his Uchiha chakra's used up.
Edit: Wrong thread...
Making use of this post... I think the first thing to be discussed is if there is a difference between chakra and soul. Sometimes it seems to be the same thing in narutoverse, sometimes it soesn't. Where the person's personality lies? The thing is that it seems like even a small portion of your chakra contains your "essence".
If chakra IS the soul than afterlife is probably just another dimension, thus kamuiable, where chakra can exist without a body, a dimension with different laws of physics, just like the belly of the reaper for instance.
Last edited by raoniluna; August 14, 2014 at 05:42 AM.
---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------
Obligatory prediction that Obito is secret Uchiha/Uzumaki child.
It's simple people...
1) Obito was taught under Madara friggin Uchiha
2) Obito became the 10 tails Jinchuuriki, even mastered control over it
3) Obito got both his Kamui eyes back
4) Kamui gives the ability to travel between dimensions
5) Death is merely another dimension in Naruto...and even somewhat in our own lives, under center laws and rules just like as any of the other dimensions in Naruto...