Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (8/10/15 - 8/23/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Gintama 556 by kewl0210 , Bleach 639 by cnet128 , One Piece 796 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ren Family

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ren Family

god its hard to keep up with the posts
    its like reading a thesis in here

anyway hill one other thing I cant believe I forgot to mention when you were talking about how kou loves its royalty, remember the kouga arc.
    Now how Ryosai thought saying hakuei died in that skirmish was going to fool Kouen and Koumei is anyone's guess but he clearly wasn't that bright and more importantly he and his men didn't seem to think that royalty love applied to her.
    Last edited by shadowii; June 05, 2015 at 08:48 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aonori's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadowii View Post

anyway hill one other thing I cant believe I forgot to mention when you were talking about how kou loves its royalty, remember the kouga arc.
    Now how Ryosai thought saying hakuei died in that skirmish was going to fool Kouen and Koumei is anyone's guess but he clearly wasn't that bright and more importantly he and his men didn't seem to think that royalty love applied to her.
    If Hakuei were to die Hakuryuu, would have instantly fallen to depravity back at that time, so maybe Gyokuen wanted to quick things up and had At do some "convincing" to Ryosai about possible rewards for his work and lets be honests here if it wasnt for Aladdin Hakuei would be dead.

Also this whole civilian and royalty talk is very debatable lol, AT even got special treatment (and kinda had similar power than the royalty in the grand scheme of things in Kou)

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

It is Hll.
    I can't believe I forgot about Ryosai
    Even if he was a misogynistic prick, who looked down on Hakuei for getting her position based solely on her MV, and made that comment about killing Hakuryuu just to irk her.
    It is still possible that this was a view which was shared,oh dear...
    Perhaps Hakuryuu was not so misguided in ascertaining the threat he would face if he joined the army...damn, I apologize and take whatever I said about him not trying to grow in position in the army back, even if Ryosai maybe a minority, I can't deny that this is a possible sentiment shared by a lot of people, making any of his plans to get more and more influential difficult(though I still think that Gyoukuen would not have minded, if he joint the army, he needed to get some support to start a civil war and that was a good way to go.)
    So unless, further clarification on how the majority viewed Hakuryuu, kudos to him for not following that path, I have been advocating

Edit: One other thing, I forgot, the soldiers conviction in Kouen is nigh unshakable, it would be quite difficult, if not impossible for Hakuryuu to be able to convince soldiers and their superiors to support him+there is Gyoukuen...another good reason to try his luck outside.

Ok now I am curious, how did Kouen exactly give up on supporting Hakuryuu, in all fairness, Kouen cast a huge shadow for Hakuryuu to even surpass, by doing things traditionally.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hayatempest's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

An important thing to note: according to an interview with Ohtaka in the Sadeik guide, Kouen was created after volume 3, he was suggeted by her editor as a character to oppose Sinbad. Kouen was referred to for the first time in volume 7 when Koubun referred to him as 'ani-ou-sama=your brother and king' to Kougyoku, and didn't appear until volume 12. Ohtaka probably only came up with his tendency to show special treatment to Hakuei, his potential romance with her and his past with the two princes in the time between vol 3-15.

Here's a gag manga with Kouen coming to Hakuei's rescue in volume 3.
    Last edited by Hayatempest; June 05, 2015 at 09:38 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the name HLL

on another point you mentioned wondering why hakuryuu didn't have a mentor.

im interested if his spear instructor will be more then part of the background in the coming chapters

he's had no lines, no presence in the story, no name, but he's clearly been with Hakuryuu since childhood. I've had a completely baseless theory that Hakuryuu believes the man was spying on him for someone (since he was there when hakuryuu mentioned the being controlled part).

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hayatempest View Post
    An important thing to note: according to an interview with Ohtaka in the Sadeik guide, Kouen was created after volume 3, he was suggeted by her editor as a character to oppose Sinbad. Kouen was referred to for the first time in volume 7 when Koubun referred to him as 'ani-ou-sama=your brother and king' to Kougyoku, and didn't appear until volume 12. Ohtaka probably only came up with his tendency to show special treatment to Hakuei, his potential romance with her and his past with the two princes in the time between vol 3-15.

Here's a gag manga with Kouen coming to Hakuei's rescue in volume 3.
    is that from the author or is it a fan comic (either way its definitely funny)
    Last edited by shadowii; June 05, 2015 at 09:49 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hll View Post
    Edit: One other thing, I forgot, the soldiers conviction in Kouen is nigh unshakable, it would be quite difficult, if not impossible for Hakuryuu to be able to convince soldiers and their superiors to support him+there is Gyoukuen...another good reason to try his luck outside.
    This.....This is what i am trying to point this entire time......and i cant believe it took shadow's little reminder about ryosai to trigger that than my explanation, either my explanation wasnt clear or u took it the wrong way....

pretty sure is fan made cos Ohtaka has her own personal tegaki which is official iirc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hayatempest's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A fan comic. Here's Ohtaka's official tegaki blog (been checking it for updates since July last year)

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zaipher View Post
    This.....This is what i am trying to point this entire time......and i cant believe it took shadow's little reminder about ryosai to trigger that than my explanation, either my explanation wasnt clear or u took it the wrong way....
    Yeah and I already apologized for that, come to think of it, I hope showing a dedication to lead was not the only criteria to Kouen supporting Hakuryuu, imagine if this was his reason for giving up on Hakuryuu, becoz
    Kouen expected Hakuryuu to kiss his ass, becoz that would show that he is a capable leader(), prompting Kouen to proceed in kissing Hakuryuus ass()
    This would take Kouen's vagueness to a whole new level.

Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Dazo you got a point about Gyokuen brainwashing everyone. I will not lie since koutoku funeral this woman has been just been little fingering everyone in the royal family. Even hakuei was who was indifferent to her was buying her kool-aid.

Hll i still don't know why you are questioning why hakuryuu didn't act sooner to gain power. Other than the obvious plot reason its clear as hell he didn't reach desperation until gyokuen raped him. He always though 1. get a djinn 2. get allies out kou 3. team up with hakuei and get country back. Despite his self made isolation this was always his intent. The guy fully expected hakuei to support him with her MV and army, which is why he joined her after getting zagan. He just didn't realize she liked kouen's kool-aid more.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King Aegon 1 View Post
    Dazo you got a point about Gyokuen brainwashing everyone. I will not lie since koutoku funeral this woman has been just been little fingering everyone in the royal family. Even hakuei was who was indifferent to her was buying her kool-aid.

Hll i still don't know why you are questioning why hakuryuu didn't act sooner to gain power. Other than the obvious plot reason its clear as hell he didn't reach desperation until gyokuen raped him. He always though 1. get a djinn 2. get allies out kou 3. team up with hakuei and get country back. Despite his self made isolation this was always his intent. The guy fully expected hakuei to support him with her MV and army, which is why he joined her after getting zagan. He just didn't realize she liked kouen's kool-aid more.
    No worries, now he has miss nanaumi to replace his sister along with a master and those probably dont buy into any kool-aid royal crap

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Naoki Ichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that's the right place to ask this quetion.
    It is about Kouha.

A lot of Kouha fans (that I "saw" on other sides) like to call him a psychopath and sadist.
    I know that they think so because of his first appearance where he killed the bandits and later hit one of his magicans (because she did something wrong).
    But it was only shown one time...
    All Kou siblings seems to like fighting. I wouldn't call them psychopaths only because of that.
    And that he hit one of his magicans also happend only once - in the omake etc. it is shown that he cares a lot about his subordinates. So I don't see him as a sadist ever - he doesn't seem to like to see other suffer...

So, I'm woundering, why people call him a psychopth and/or sadist...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GrySun's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It feels like Ohtaka decided to change his character as time passed. His psychotic tendencies were removed.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrySun View Post
    It feels like Ohtaka decided to change his character as time passed. His psychotic tendencies were removed.
    Possible "Character development" (a shame he has high chances of dying in this arc though)
    Last edited by Aonori; July 08, 2015 at 05:24 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrySun View Post
    He hasn't killed anyone since being introduced. Well, anyone that he wanted to kill.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Naoki Ichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aonori View Post
    Possible "Character development" (a shame he has high chances of dying in this arc though)
    I don't think a real psychopath will change that easily.
    And when was this "character development"?
    For me, Kouha didn't change much since he showed up for the first time.

New Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast