Not a member? Register now!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (11/16/15 - 11/22/15).
Manhwa & Manhua News: Check out the new Manhwa and Manhua shout-out (November 2015).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Event News: A new Anime Showdown has started. Nominate the most badass female now!
Translations: Gintama 565 by kewl0210 , Bleach 651 by cnet128 , One Piece 806 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Running, jogging, or sprinting thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Running, jogging, or sprinting thread

I am 24 and I currently run about 4.5 - 5 miles a day or at least 5k if I feel tired. I am training for a half marathon and eventually would like to do a marathon. First though, I still need to do a 10k race. I don't expect to finish all that well my first time around but that's why I train. My best 5k time is 21 minutes on 2.5 incline. Idk what it'd be without incline because I never run without an incline.

So anyone here run regularly? What brand of shoes do you prefer? How far do you run? Treadmill or mother nature? What's your workout regimen? Best times for 5k? 10? Marathon? Etc.

If you are not a runner and would like to get into it, you may ask for tips here or just pm me. I am no professional but I was very overweight once and I just researched answers and now I am much more cardiovascularly fit than the average person so I know at least something about the topic. I will try my best to help if you require it.
    Last edited by TitaniumOxide; January 15, 2015 at 05:55 AM.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

Ever since the Loguetown arc, I've thought that Dragon was a logia wind wind fruit user. Why? He likes to feel the wind, when he appears, wind streaks appear. His Loguetown appearance is further evidence. And he just saved Sabo in a flashback appearing out of nowhere.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TStew's Avatar
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Running, jogging, or sprinting thread

Popular topic I see

Well I run... probably one of my favorite things to do. I love the feeling of exhaustion after a big run or race, and it certainly helps keep one in shape! And allows me to drink a lot more beer

Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumOxide View Post
    So anyone here run regularly? What brand of shoes do you prefer? How far do you run? Treadmill or mother nature? What's your workout regimen? Best times for 5k? 10? Marathon? Etc.
    Brand of shoes? None preferably, I actually run barefoot, or at least I started doing that a few years ago (in the winter below about 20ºF I wear SoftStar Dash shoes, very minimal and a small american family business). I find it very fun to be barefoot! How far? Depends on my schedule, some weeks I'm lucky to get a single run in so less than 10 miles. Typical week probably in the 25 mile - 40 km range, while a really high mileage week for me may be closer to 50 miles - 80km. Mother nature always.

Current best times:
    5k - 17:xx (high school, before getting really out of shape in my 20's)

as an adult, and all barefoot:
    5k - 19:26
    10k - 40:36
    13.1 - 1:38:29
    26.2 - 3:48:58

My longest run remains a marathon, 26.2 miles, though I hope to try an ultra marathon in the near future.

From my last race, an 18 miler a few weeks ago:
    Spoiler show

Happy running!
    Last edited by TStew; September 12, 2015 at 04:19 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply