Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (8/10/15 - 8/23/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 639 by cnet128 , Gintama 555 (2) , One Piece 796 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blue Oni

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Blue Oni

Hey guys, my question is about Blue Oni. So in ch. 293, Blue Oni didn't eat Acaia's salad, "Air", where ad Red Oni took quite a pleasure in eating it. Was it hinted some where on what Blue Oni would eat?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blue Oni

Probably food from space and other worlds. Toriko won't end on the Earth, probably. The Nitro themselves do not belong to the Earth.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it was hinted anywhere what Red or Blue Oni would eat.
    Actually I had an impression that the moment we have seen was mostly for show. At least from what we know now there are no indications that any ingridient would affect two Onis separatly.
    The ingridients affect body for the most part and the GC themselves. Some of them help to strengthen some abilities apart from developing the body and GC, but I don't see that they would affect differently these Demons, since they are the manifestations of GC itself.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Actually I had an impression that the moment we have seen was mostly for show. At least from what we know now there are no indications that any ingridient would affect two Onis separatly.
    The ingridients affect body for the most part and the GC themselves. Some of them help to strengthen some abilities apart from developing the body and GC, but I don't see that they would affect differently these Demons, since they are the manifestations of GC itself.
    Except the last conversation is a hint
    Many people are confirmed to have the GC, yet the Daruma Hermit also said that not many of them have the Onis inside of them... So it's pretty damn sure these Onis are more than just a manifestation of the GC

Since Ichiryuu mentionning the whole 2 Onis stuff, I've been paying special attention to the dialogues... And the most intriguing one so far is the one between Blue and Red because of the many implications there

First Red says after eating Air, part of his body was resurrected... As if he's implying he has been alive before
    And then, Red said that it was the first in a while that Blue was outisde + The whole " World " deal, and then Blue said it's the first in a while that Red is gonna show his stuff

Another thing also, assuming that the GC are part of Toriko's body, why would Red say the expression " Toriko's body ", or Blue saying " Will his body hold out " ? As if they're implying they're some sort of parasite or whatever you may call it

But then again, Blue outright said that they're the " appetite "... It's still way too unclear
    Last edited by Zehahaha; September 25, 2014 at 04:22 PM.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Space alien tape worms that give you super powers? I can deal with that.

But seriously though, the implications we have recently gotten about the Gourmet Cell, or maybe just the Oni, are quite interesting. I actually don't think it's suprising that they've been outside before. If we take the Gourmet Cells for what they are, cells, then we can assume that they were passed down from parent to child. Which may make the fact that the Heavenly Kings, as well as other folks who were born with Gourmet Cells, a bit special. Their cells retained the knowledge they've gained from over generations, which is why they are as knowledgeable as they are. Coco's cells also said some interesting things during his fight with Grinpatch, so something has to be up with a majority of the Gourmet Cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Another thing also, assuming that the GC are part of Toriko's body, why would Red say the expression " Toriko's body ", or Blue saying " Will his body hold out " ? As if they're implying they're some sort of parasite or whatever you may call it
    He probably figured Toriko's body wouldn't have had enough energy to fully manifest his (Blue's) cells. He was incredibly powerful and I'd reckon that, had he not forced Toriko to eat that little AIR fruit, he wouldn't have been able to fully form or he would have completely wrecked Toriko's body coming out.
    Last edited by eefrit; September 25, 2014 at 08:10 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Many people are confirmed to have the GC, yet the Daruma Hermit also said that not many of them have the Onis inside of them... So it's pretty damn sure these Onis are more than just a manifestation of the GC

Since Ichiryuu mentionning the whole 2 Onis stuff, I've been paying special attention to the dialogues... And the most intriguing one so far is the one between Blue and Red because of the many implications there

First Red says after eating Air, part of his body was resurrected... As if he's implying he has been alive before
    And then, Red said that it was the first in a while that Blue was outisde + The whole " World " deal, and then Blue said it's the first in a while that Red is gonna show his stuff

But then again, Blue outright said that they're the " appetite "... It's still way too unclear
    Man this is starting to seem like how in Naruto ones personality and traits can be passed down through chakra and given the right circumstances theses traits and personalities will actually be activated and give said person the powers and traits of their ancestor.

Well in this case gourmet cells carry the genes of theses appetite devils and when in the right person the genes of a particular devil will activate and will become apart of the person. This of course means there is a chance of their being two Red onis but the chances of that is very small.... assuming of course this is right

But for the posters question

I believe that Blue is mostly resurrected unlike Red and the only thing he needs is GOD in order to be fully resurrected. SO basically blue had a head start while Red is still getting there....

Or of course Blue really does need space food but i always thought that the Other world was talking about Toriko and them going under the earth

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It's still unclear whether the "Other World" is exclusively the one at the center of the Earth or if the outer space should be accounted for. Probably both. After all, Gourmet Cells come from space, but at the center of the Earth there's something that Coco described as a "Food Utopia". In any case, Toriko is a very cool manga and the more places to explore there are, the merrier!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

That makes a lot of sense. Then maybe it wouldn't be bad to assume one of these two things.

Ever since eating Air, Red Oni's body part manifested on Toriko's body. Where as Blue Oni was actually able to get out of Toriko and fight with his own body and he was able to make an Emperor Ring. From this i''m thinking about what you said about these Oni's having been around before! Maybe sometime long ago, Blue Oni actually ate Acacia's full course that granted him the ability for all this that he can do! I mean the guy was toying with Herc. That's why he didn't seem interested in Air.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Haha and thankyou for unlocking the thread.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Reason why blue oni is so strong is because when he fought against horse king he detached from Toriko.

Red oni needs Acacia course to restore him self but for blue oni that is not problem.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaroWorld View Post

Well in this case gourmet cells carry the genes of theses appetite devils and when in the right person the genes of a particular devil will activate and will become apart of the person. This of course means there is a chance of their being two Red onis but the chances of that is very small.... assuming of course this is right
    This sounds very possible actually, and I like this possibility better
    Last edited by Zehahaha; October 01, 2014 at 01:54 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that puzzles me for now is that the Onis do look like Toriko. Especially compared to other Inner Demons. So if we take the theory that they were once living beings, then they should have been Torikos predecesores.
    I agree that lately there is a direction that develops the background of GC and there might be something interesting. I hope the mistery of Inner Demons will be explained soon.

P.S. And about the fact that there are many characters who have GC, but do not have inner Demons... It seems that only those who are born with GC have inner Demons so far. Others who got GC by other means do not seem to have Inner Demons.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Those demons could be a the manifestation of their inner personalities. Their all appetite demons, so its safe to assume that their original powers come from the person. Or it could represent the potential that the character has inside of them. Blue Oni is by far a mystery though. -_-

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be that someone from Toriko lineage was some kind of devil just like hermit said it about his village.
    Last edited by milek; October 02, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true. But for some reason I'm expecting a plot twister where Toriko as a child with his black hair might have been the most dangerous one. Red and Blue might just be there to hold back his original potential?

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree.

As i've stated in my comments regarding Gourmet Cells, being born with Gourmet Cells is not a requirment in order for one to have an inner demon.

Out of the heavenly kings only Toriko MUST HAVE BEEN BORN with Gourmet Cells, as this would made him stand out from the rest and explain his phenomenal growth and him becoming the strongest.

So far only people we were told who were born with Gourmet Cells are Midora, Starjun and Toriko i think.

Mansam, Tommyrod, Brunch - they have demons as well.

It might be Shima not fleshing things out early on.

And this whole "I was born with Gourmet Cells thus i am superior!" is pretty much like the Hokuto Soukei bloodline :P. You'll be fodderized if you don't have them :P. Or like being a seiyan.
    Last edited by Freezer; October 02, 2014 at 02:26 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast