Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
It hasn't gone on for too long, it's just gone off the rails pretty badly in my opinion. I understand this filler is supposed to last for like 50 episodes and so far we've only had ~15, so don't hold your breath if you're expecting it to end soon . Best we can hope for is that they inject some life back into it.
Well, since anime is always catching up to manga we have the following options:
1) Pause anime. Not really an option, eh?
2) Extend every single worthless scene in anime (like Yoruichi eating or adding the mod-souls every now and then) so that each anime episode covers barely one manga chapter.
3) Get single filler episodes with some shinigami baking cakes and playing football. Please no.
4) Get a short (2-4) episode filler story with some utter crap like the arrancars who "killed Ulquiorra"...or KARAKURARIZER!
5) Get an actual long filler arc, with some story, too!
---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------
---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------
Naruto fillers may have horrible plots, but at least we can say they reasonable fit between arcs.
---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------
---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------
Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; February 26, 2012 at 03:55 PM.
I can't believe people hate filler so much that they would like for bleach to be completely rebooted. Lke how much sense does that make? You don't like filler? Skip it. What is the point of reanimating already animated material? It was fine with DBZ Kai because that came out like 10 years after DBZ was finished. Bleach is still going -_-. IMO bleach is the best ANIME out of the big 3. Best filler, top notch quality, great voice acting, and it turns arcs that are lack luster(fullbring) into works of art. I would be highly dissapointed if bleach started over or went on anything more than a 6 month hiatus.
Best quality fillers?
1. The only filler that comes even close to fitting in the bleach universe is the Bount arc. Placed right between two real arc that have a great deal of open 'down time' between them, the timing is perfect, and the story is actually pretty good, and they continue to fit elements from it into the rest of Bleach. When I first watched it I had yet to begin reading the manga and thought it was a real arc. However, they made one critical mistake, they made the female creator of the Bounts the first head of the soul society science division, when we later find out that it was none other than Udahara who founded and became the first leader of the science devision. Thus we can judge this filler as impossible since it brakes established rules of the Beach Universe.
2. The princess arc; they put it right in the middle the fight between Ichigo and Grimjaw, pausing the fight to have a random filler arc. That pissed me off. Before Ichigo inters Huako Mundo, he does not have the powers he displays in this filler. Immediately after he exits Huaco Mudo he fight Iazen, then loses his powers, and when he gains them back, they have changed. Therefore, we can judge this filler as impossible since it was not placed between arc and cannot fit into the timeline of the Bleach Universe.
3. The Zampakto filler; which put Bayakua completely out of character, and fucked around with Renji's soul slayer, changing it from the established monkey with a snake tail, to two crappy animalfied girls chained together. This also pissed me off. Renji's soul slayer is a monkey with a snakes tail, period. Also, this arc was pushed in the middle of the combating Iazen arc, and can't fit between arcs because Ichigo came immediately from Huaco Mudo to fight Iazan does not have the powers before Huaco or after fighting Iazen. Therefore this arc can also be judged as impossible, because it brakes established characters and facts of the Bleach Universe and can't fit into the timeline.
Sorry to break it to you, but while One Piece fillers suck, they are far and few in between and don't disrupt the plot whatsoever. Similarly, while Naruto fillers (which also suck) slip up here or there plot wise, they can at least be complemented for the fact that they are actually placed between arcs that have a reasonable time span of down time; unlike Bleach that just throws them in wherever they feel like it. As for Bleach being the best Anime, that is a matter of opinion.
Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; February 27, 2012 at 03:37 AM.
people saying " they should drop Naruto " is just too damn funny ... thanks for the good laugh .
on another note i agree with both Ninjastar and otakumode in some things... bleach fillers DO suck the most, but that doesn't mean Naruto fillers or one piece's are good cause they ARE not , they are terrible
and yeah... in terms of good animating and directing bleach anime is by far the best out of the big three right now.
1- Ran'Tao wasn't even mentioned to be the first head of the scientific division, it was said that she was the leader of the group of scientists that were creating Bounts, get your facts straight.
2- Again, you should watch fillers after realizing that they're just there to stop the anime from catching up the manga. If you don't get that straight, you'll just stop enjoying those fillers. There's a reason they're not fuckin called CANON material, even if those fillers were made by Kubo for the case of Bleach, still not Canon, therefore just think of it as a story (Although I agree that the timing was poorly choosen).
3- Are you serious ? Put Byakuya completely out of character ? So, are you telling me that Kubo doesn't know his characters anymore or what ? He wasn't out of character at all. About that Zabimaru thing, guess what ? It was made by Kubo again, I don't recall which tome it was shown, but there's been a sketch of Renji/Hisagi talking about their Zanpakuto when Mayuri showed up and told them he can turn their Zanpakuto to females... Again, consider it as a story that is here to delay the anime, period.
Sorry to break it for you, but OP's anime SUCKS (Fillers even worse), Naruto's anime SUCKS (Fillers worse too, I still remember those shitty fillers from part oneà. Only Bleach showed so far good animation and shit compared to others.
P.S : It's Aizen, not Iazen, also it's Urahara not Udahara, it's Hueco Mundo not Huako Mundo. Later.
---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------
---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------
---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------
---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------
---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------
2. There is simply no reason a filler can't reasonably fit into the story. Once again, I don't care if they are simply fillers, when I'm watching the anime I don't want it filled with plot holes created by brainless fillers. Really?! Really? Do we really need a filler to cut up an epic fight?! What the fuck is that?
3. Bayakuya is completely out of character, he is too prideful and lawful to play the part of a double agent. Turn the Zanpakuto to females? That is not to say turn them into human females, and if it was Kubo who decided this, then what the hell was he thinking, he can't even keep his own story straight.
No doubt, I state myself that One Piece and Naruto fillers suck, but at least they don't fill the series with plot holes.
Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; February 27, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
2. I don't know what plot holes are you talking about but there is no one. Don't take fillers so serious they are just like bleach movies: watch and enjoy.
3. He were double agent because of his pride. He can do anything to protect it: kill sister, be double agent, anything. It was his "private" thing, he wanted to kill Kouga and do not want Gotei 13 to interfere, because if they kill Muramasa Byakuya could never have his revenge.
Last edited by Asclepius; February 29, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
And that's okay, it is your opinion of him that is unable to act out of character[... the german version of that idiom sounds much better: nicht über seinen [eigenen] Schatten springen können/being unable to jump out of your shadow], but sometimes you have to change and adapt to a situation like the Gotei 13 did after Ichigos great deeds two years back.
Well names are names, you wouldn't like to be called weirdly too.^^ Those who watch anime only are to blame themself for that stupidity[it sounds much harsher with only one translation for ten terms] Imo.
Pain's looks like entirely different guy in everyone of those scenes, in most of them he doesn't even look humanoid.
Section #6 Was a roadrunner homage, which was hopefully unintentional, but still bad in one of the most dramatic scenes in all of Naruto.
Section #5 Was an attempt to show they impact from Naruto's punch but Pain's head turned into an amorphous blob halfway through. Loosing every hint of skeletal structure.
Section #4 Had a so many things wrong with it I don't even know where to start.
Section #3 Was supposed to be upward perspective shot but they completely screwed up his features.
Section #2 Looks like he looked like a freehand attempt to drawn Pain in motion.. by an animator's 7 year old kid in crayon. It's almost bad enough to look like something I'd draw (not quite though....as I truly SUCK at drawing).
Section #1 Pain got hammered like a nail into the ground until only his head was sticking out. Which is absolutely funny, but not appropriate because that Pain body is not, I repeat NOT, supposed to be invulnerable! As an added bit of hilarity the hole isn't nearly big enough for his shoulders, so it looks like he is coming up from the ground as opposed to pounded into it.
I have absolutely no problem with different art styles but adaptations are about conveying a story through the medium of animation and Studio Pierrot's ad-libs have a nasty habit of undercutting the story instead of helping to express it. Which is my core point.
And it might be for the best that they dropped Beach because whether it returns a few years down the road as an final season(like Inuyasha) or as Ova's, or a series of movies. Because in those formats it will be truly be Kubo's story and not Kubo's story watered down.
Last edited by Jammin; March 01, 2012 at 01:24 AM.