Welcome to the Amateur Manga section here at Mangahelpers!
This section was originally created to present your selfmade Fanmanga (Doujinshi) mostly based on Naruto or other popular mainstream manga. But lately, more and more manga-influenced original works were posted in this section so we need to revamp this forum a little.
That's why, feel free to post and discuss anything related to your plans on becoming an (amateur) comic artist in this section. Only restriction: It has to be about manga-influenced comics, not about Marvel&Co, to stay ontopic to MH's forums goal.
Amateur Manga - Main Forum
Threads in the main forum are labeled with the following prefixes:
* Doujinshi - Amateur comics basing on existing Manga, Manhwa or Manhua (e.g. Naruto NG)
* Original Work - Manga-influenced amateur comics which are your own creation
* Workshop - Questions and help around comic creation: How to draw Manga? I need Help! Proofread my script! How to publish?
* Wanted: Artist - Searching an Artist for your story or offering your help as a story writer? Then go here.
* Wanted: Author - Drawing skills but no story idea? Search for a writer here.
* Hangout - General talk, short Q&A's and a little fun (stickied - only to start by Moderators)
* Info - Rules thread (stickied - mod use only)
Creating fanmanga (as well as fanfics and fanart) of existing series is clearly a copyright violation. It's true that the Japanese publishing companies tolerate this for the sake of free promotion but that doesn't mean that it's allowed.
It doesn't matter if you take the character briefly from the original work to draw it in your own style or if you redraw the lineart and color it. The copyright was violated in the moment were you can recognize the character or even his pose. Same goes for making wallpaper, signatures, avatars, smilies and any kind of fanworks.
Many Mangaka started as Doujinshika themself and therefor support their fans in doing the same. But there're also Mangaka who don't wish to violate their respective works. As example: CLAMP and as well the company behind Pokemon - both parties are officially against any form of fanwork and do not wish to use their characters in fanarts, fanfics and fanmanga.
We don't restrict you here. There's no way that we can check which Mangaka are fine with violating their terms and which not. The only thing we don't allow to post here are pornographic or character/story bashing amateur manga and every works that violate our general rules.
Thanks for reading - Have fun!
Last edited by vintagemistakes; February 08, 2010 at 11:18 AM.